blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:14:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1994 1995 1996 1997 [1998] 1999 2000 2001 2002 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3599703 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29955 on: October 03, 2018, 02:42:40 PM »

I was trying to find a photo of James Fisher on google (unsuccessfully), & I was amazed at how many faces I recognized from the past who I never see these days. I was tempted to post them, but you know how it is, folks say or think "there he goes again, reminiscing". It's out of fashion these days, sadly. 

You're right Tone, nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29956 on: October 03, 2018, 02:51:17 PM »

Sorry, I could not resist.

Have a red of this - the Midland Masters from 2006.

Surprisingly, several players mentioned there 12 years ago remain active members of blonde.

http://blondepoker.com/?q=node/5764

Some names to conjure with there Tony. You could fill a book with tales of that lot.

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #29957 on: October 03, 2018, 04:14:31 PM »

"Unrelated to levitating but relevant to your post, something happened to me and I don't know if it was real or a dream. Unfortunately I can't discuss the details because it's quite rude"

Most of those are dreams  Wink

It's strange because I hadn't thought about those Saturday afternoon's for probably 40 years or so and memories
of my childhood are very few and far between.

But I used to get very bad migraines after football and needed to lie down in a dark room , hence closing the
curtains , although I could not afford to miss the ITV 7 and the wrestling followed by the football results.

I used to slowly slip off the setee and levitate horizontally and be frozen there for a while before I could
attempt to move to the other setee.

Sounds absolutely ridiculous and I am a total sceptic on such matters and it more than likely never happened.

But I can't explain it at all.

Now I have told you a little more about my experience surely out of courtesy you can do the same Grin

I will allow you to swop some names if you want.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29958 on: October 03, 2018, 05:30:38 PM »

I just daren't Jim. If it wasn't a dream I would be in so much trouble.

I will tell you when I see you though.

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #29959 on: October 03, 2018, 10:29:47 PM »

I just daren't Jim. If it wasn't a dream I would be in so much trouble.

I will tell you when I see you though.

Get kettle on , take me 20 mins in car 😄
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29960 on: October 04, 2018, 11:53:14 AM »

Speaking of DJ's, why don't they tell you the name of the artist and when the record was released any more? I often wait to hear who it was or when it came out but then the DJ just cuts in mid outro and tells us about what he did at the weekend.

:dontask:

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29961 on: October 04, 2018, 12:00:52 PM »

Speaking of DJ's, why don't they tell you the name of the artist and when the record was released any more? I often wait to hear who it was or when it came out but then the DJ just cuts in mid outro and tells us about what he did at the weekend.

It's somewhat incongruous for someone of your years to be discussing DJ's, Tom, leave that to the young at heart & stick to poetry shite, it suits you better.  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29962 on: October 04, 2018, 12:35:41 PM »

It's somewhat incongruous for someone of your years to be discussing DJ's, Tom, leave that to the young at heart & stick to poetry shite, it suits you better.  

I'll have you know we did have DJ's, proper DJ's in my day. Tony Blackburn, Alan Freeman, Jimmy Young, Diddy David Hamilton... Need I say more?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29963 on: October 04, 2018, 01:07:36 PM »

I'll have you know we did have DJ's, proper DJ's in my day. Tony Blackburn, Alan Freeman, Jimmy Young, Diddy David Hamilton... Need I say more?

No Jimmy Saville, Teen & 20 Disc Club on Radio Luxembourg, 208?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29964 on: October 04, 2018, 02:49:51 PM »

Oh it's by no means an exhaustive or even preferred list, otherwise how could I leave out the likes of Kenny Everett, Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart, the Emperor Rosco and the seminal Mr John Peel?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29965 on: October 04, 2018, 05:33:51 PM »

Oh it's by no means an exhaustive or even preferred list, otherwise how could I leave out the likes of Kenny Everett, Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart, the Emperor Rosco and the seminal Mr John Peel?

Surprisingly, the least talented ones amongst them, especially Tony Blackburn & David Diddy Hamilton, are still Radio DJ's to this day, though in some cases on rural stations such as Radio Beds, Bucks & Herts etc.

The majority of the rest have passed away I'd guess.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29966 on: October 04, 2018, 05:47:52 PM »

The Emperor Rosko has changed a bit but he's 75 and still going strong.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29967 on: October 04, 2018, 06:00:21 PM »

Stewart faded away in 2016 at the age of 74. 

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #29968 on: October 04, 2018, 10:57:38 PM »

Levitate....Never could do that but when I was about 6/7 I used to have the occasional Astral Projection and also out of body experiences, it lasted for at least a couple of years, certainly ceasing before I left primary school. I had no idea what it was until I learnt about it at school in my teens. I put it down to coping with the stress of my parents divorce, but I really have no idea how/why I did it.

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29969 on: October 05, 2018, 09:16:12 AM »

Levitate....Never could do that but when I was about 6/7 I used to have the occasional Astral Projection and also out of body experiences, it lasted for at least a couple of years, certainly ceasing before I left primary school. I had no idea what it was until I learnt about it at school in my teens. I put it down to coping with the stress of my parents divorce, but I really have no idea how/why I did it.

I don't think I've had an out of body experience but I have woken up totally paralysed, unable to make a sound, move or even breathe. It lasted less than a minute but my goodness it was scary.

I'm not into the supernatural or any of that bo ho stuff, I'm more of a science fan but when it comes to the human brain we really have no idea what it's capable of.

I have no idea what astral projection is so I'm off to Google.

Pages: 1 ... 1994 1995 1996 1997 [1998] 1999 2000 2001 2002 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: