blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:17:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587354 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2008, 09:30:40 AM »

I actually thought that tikay had added a coulpe of stones on for artistic effect as he is wont.....

He says that the camera adds 10lbs.... I wonder just how many cameras are actually on him at any one time then?

The older I get, the better I was.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 10:07:24 AM »

what was your fighting weight?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2008, 10:24:59 AM »

what was your fighting weight?

Middleweight. I was around 11st 3lb.

BTW - 11st 3lb is not only a good fighting weight, it's also a great running away weight.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2008, 10:42:25 AM »

Have you set yourself a target weight that you are aiming for Tom ?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2008, 10:54:45 AM »

I'm looking at about thirteen and a half stone. Any fitter than that and I have the added pressure of being a serious fanny magnet.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2008, 10:57:54 AM »

I'm looking at about thirteen and a half stone. Any fitter than that and I have the added pressure of being a serious fanny magnet.

Cheesy

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2008, 12:37:02 PM »

15st 1lb 

Smoke me a lettuce.....

Blimey, I don't feel so tubby now at a mere 11st 13lb.

I actually thought that tikay had added a coulpe of stones on for artistic effect as he is wont.....

I believe a good breeze almost blew you out to sea in Ireland

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2008, 03:12:26 PM »

15 stone!? Wow, you are HUGE Tom.

Aim to be my weight. 13st 10lbs.

I am loving this Diary, by the way, you put my bland musings & inept blathering to shame with your beautifully descriptive writing. Please do keep the Diary going.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Card_Shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2008, 04:15:09 PM »

You write very well Tom i am in envy of your talent, your story about the Roma caravan reminds me of the place where i was born and bred, Birchwood estate in Lincoln. As a child i remember the old aerodrome at the back end of the estate which was occupied by approximately 40-60 Roma style caravans and their families.

On the street where my family lived we had some council owned garages which were daily used by the gypsies to fill up their huge stainless steel milk churns with fresh water, the gypsies generally kept them selves to them selves with little if any interaction with us gorger's(what are the origins of the word?). I was wondering if you or anyone you know had previously used the Birchwood aerodrome site? it was very popular among gypsies for about 15 years during late 60's and throughout the 70's, before it was built on.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 04:49:00 PM by Card_Shark » Logged

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2008, 05:11:44 PM »

Well I've fallen off the wagon more times than an oversize wheel rim, but today my diet re-starts in earnest.

No longer will my name be mentioned alongside such bloaters as tikay, Chili, Dewi Cool, Rod Paradise et al. The new svelte Red starts here.

- has he seen that yet?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2008, 05:40:12 PM »

During the floods last June, the site where my mam and dad live was inundated. They lost most of their possessions and it took them months to get back to some semblance of normality. My brothers and I did what we could to help, but it wasn't easy. Like most peoples parents, they like to be independent.

This morning I rang them for a little chat as I do most days and my dad sounded out of breath. Apparently they were given warning of imminent flooding at 8am and were already in the process of moving. Mrs Red and I went to see what we could do, but by the time we got there, they, along with several other families, had managed to get their caravans on to a car park that the local council had provided.

So, they're OK for the moment. but they look weary and worried.

Last year's floods

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2008, 05:42:48 PM »

Blimey!  Will be thinking of them.  Give a shout if there's anything we can do to help. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2008, 06:18:40 PM »

That photo looks very worrying Tom, I remember asking you last summer if your place was under threat.

Your folks really deserve some peace and tranquility so my fingers are crossed for them too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2008, 07:12:48 PM »

Thanks Guys. I just phoned them. It was a close call but the water level is dropping now so they should be OK.

BTW- This tuna salad is lovely. I don't fancy Sadie's lamb chops with mash and mint gravy at all.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2008, 07:19:10 PM »

Tuna salad is lovely.

Tuna salad is lovely.

Tuna salad is lovely.

Tuna salad is lovely.

Tuna salad is lovely.

Tuna salad is lovely.

Tuna salad is lovely.

It even looks lovely.................

Feel better now? 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: