blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:11:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3608661 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2008, 11:57:11 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7zLZ7YDbBw

Only watched the video long enough to see his 'do'

The thing that I found strange about that was that in North America he fought as "War Eagle" whereas in England he used his real name which really was Billy Two-Rivers. Thanks for the link Laxie.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2008, 10:46:19 AM »

Last night I played the excellent $50 guaranteed Tuesday Special on blondepoker, and I was lucky enough to fold my way into 2nd place for a very welcome $8000.

How come I haven't seen this comp before? Is it new, or have I just not noticed it because Tuesday is also "Who's the Daddy" night on the other channel?
Anyway, I liked it a lot. It had all the elements that, for me, go toward making a great tourney. $100 re-buy, 15 min clock, less than 200 runners, guaranteed prize pool, I will be a regular contributor in the future.

One thing I didn't understand, and didn't like though, NO HAND FOR HAND?? Whats all that about? When we got down to 21 players, (the bubble) nothing happened, except everyone started using all their time before making a decision. It was excruciating, the game slowed to a snails pace. When the bubble burst, play returned to normal until we got down to 11 (final table bubble) then the torture started all over again.

It won't put me off playing this first class comp, but should I manage to run good in it again, it will put a severe strain on my stockpile of obscenities.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 10:48:57 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2008, 10:59:16 AM »

$8,000? Top Stuff Tom, very well done!

J-9 Rules.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2008, 01:15:52 PM »

nice work Tom, well played

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2008, 01:18:13 PM »

One thing I didn't understand, and didn't like though, NO HAND FOR HAND?? Whats all that about? When we got down to 21 players, (the bubble) nothing happened, except everyone started using all their time before making a decision. It was excruciating, the game slowed to a snails pace. When the bubble burst, play returned to normal until we got down to 11 (final table bubble) then the torture started all over again.

I've noticed that in an iPoker tournament before, I don't reach enough bubbles to know how widespread it is on the network, but I would have thought that it shouldn't happen at all.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2008, 01:21:18 PM »

I've certainly seen hand-for-hand in iPoker tournaments before - the big Sunday one?

I assume it's an option that can be switched on or off when the tournament is set up - maybe they only bother for their biggest tournaments.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2008, 02:11:29 PM »

I've certainly seen hand-for-hand in iPoker tournaments before - the big Sunday one?

I assume it's an option that can be switched on or off when the tournament is set up - maybe they only bother for their biggest tournaments.

I managed to scrape into the money in the Sunday $200k on Blonde a few weeks back and there was no HFH then either.

It was one of the things that I asked Kev to look into when there was a thread about improvements to Ipoker a couple of months back. There is no notification at any stage that you make the money or if the money goes up in any of their tourneys that I play.

Nice touch Tom. Did you say that it's a $100 rebuy with a $50k guarantee ?

I've never seen that before but I'm usually on Laddies on a Tuesday too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2008, 02:14:25 PM »

I'm sure last night was the first time this has been on, sats are there for next weeks already

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2008, 02:50:20 PM »

I managed to scrape into the money in the Sunday $200k on Blonde a few weeks back and there was no HFH then either.

It was one of the things that I asked Kev to look into when there was a thread about improvements to Ipoker a couple of months back. There is no notification at any stage that you make the money or if the money goes up in any of their tourneys that I play.

Nice touch Tom. Did you say that it's a $100 rebuy with a $50k guarantee ?

I've never seen that before but I'm usually on Laddies on a Tuesday too.

Correct Ralph. $100 rb, 50k GTD.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2008, 02:50:54 PM »

I'm sure last night was the first time this has been on, sats are there for next weeks already

Thanks Dewi.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2008, 04:48:35 PM »

So, I didn’t cut my blackthorn hedge after all. I made all the necessary preparations, filled my hedge trimmer and chainsaw with two-stroke mix, donned my heavy boots and thick gloves, girded up my loins, and was just about to advance on the enemy when the dulcet tones of she who could shatter a wine glass at 50 paces shrieked out an instruction for me to bring some coke in.

Coke, in this context, did not refer to the euphoria-inducing crystalline tropane alkaloid that has ruined the lives of many, and pimped the rides of a few. Nor did it allude to the words most popular carbonated soft drink. No, The subject of the vocal one’s desires were a hard dry carbon substance produced by heating coal to a very high temperature in the absence of air. Ever obedient, I exchanged my Stihl saw for a scuttle, and made haste for the bunker. That’s when I discovered the awful truth. We were out of coke. There it was, gone.

This was a potential disaster of epic proportions. I could see the consequences in my minds eye with such clarity that it was almost as if they had already become a reality. First, the fire would die, and the life-giving stove would become nothing more than a cold metal box. The hot water that fills the radiators and hisses gleefully down the drain as my daughter chats on the phone would cease to flow, and Mrs Red’s body temperature would drop by .5 of a degree. She would immediately succumb to hypothermia. She has suffered this malady many times in the past and the main symptoms seem to manifest themselves in the form of loud, constant complaining and nagging.

I knew then that I had to abandon the hedge cutting and rectify the coke situation. I had made the pilgrimage to the coke yard many times in the past, but, for reasons that I will explain later, this was probably going to be the last time ever. It was a poignant thought, and my journey became a time for reflection.

Nostalga Alert!....Nostalga Alert!....

« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 04:54:53 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2008, 04:51:28 PM »

for that last post

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2008, 05:02:53 PM »

So, I didn’t cut my blackthorn hedge after all. I made all the necessary preparations, filled my hedge trimmer and chainsaw with two-stroke mix, donned my heavy boots and thick gloves, girded up my loins, and was just about to advance on the enemy when the dulcet tones of she who could shatter a wine glass at 50 paces shrieked out an instruction for me to bring some coke in.

Coke, in this context, did not refer to the euphoria-inducing crystalline tropane alkaloid that has ruined the lives of many, and pimped the rides of a few. Nor did it allude to the words most popular carbonated soft drink. No, The subject of the vocal one’s desires were a hard dry carbon substance produced by heating coal to a very high temperature in the absence of air. Ever obedient, I exchanged my Sthil saw for a scuttle, and made haste for the bunker. That’s when I discovered the awful truth. We were out of coke. There it was, gone.

This was a potential disaster of epic proportions. I could see the consequences in my minds eye with such clarity that it was almost as if they had already become a reality. First, the fire would die, and the life-giving stove would become nothing more than a cold metal box. The hot water that fills the radiators and hisses gleefully down the drain as my daughter chats on the phone would cease to flow, and Mrs Red’s body temperature would drop by .5 of a degree. She would immediately succumb to hypothermia. She has suffered this malady many times in the past and the main symptoms seem to manifest themselves in the form of loud, constant complaining and nagging.

I knew then that I had to abandon the hedge cutting and rectify the coke situation. I had made the pilgrimage to the coke yard many times in the past, but, for reasons that I will explain later, this was probably going to be the last time ever. It was a poignant thought, and my journey became a time for reflection.

Nostalga Alert!....Nostalga Alert!....

Tom must be psychic, for he's explained how "coke" is made, which I was intending to do, after he told me yesterday about the impending coke crisis in the McCready homestead, being a fascinating......product, of which I am highly-versed.

I suppose I'd be the only one to be even slightly amused at this exchange - which Tom will vouch is true.

Me - "so where do you have to go to buy Coke, Tom?"

Red - "Coalville".

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2008, 05:04:56 PM »

no harm in wallowing in a touch of nostalgia   Smiley

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2008, 05:05:07 PM »

...and Mrs Red’s body temperature would drop by .5 of a degree. She would immediately succumb to hypothermia. She has suffered this malady many times in the past and the main symptoms seem to manifest themselves in the form of loud, constant complaining and nagging.

Makes diagnosis so very difficult though.  The symptoms are created by such a wide range of causes.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: