blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:34:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272605 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Ironside and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3608366 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2008, 10:40:16 AM »

Billy Two Rivers was one of my heros when I was nine or ten years old so heaven knows how Mrs Red knows about him.

It wasn't Mrs Red Ralph, it was my mam. (She would have been 17 or so when you were 10).

Perhaps Billy did have a Mohawk, and that's what she was reffering to. I'll ask when I see her.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2008, 10:41:58 AM »

Come to think of it. my hair does stick up a bit when it's too long.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2008, 10:47:35 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7zLZ7YDbBw

Only watched the video long enough to see his 'do'

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 10:49:09 AM by Laxie » Logged

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2008, 11:00:55 AM »

http://www.chiefsandchampions.ca/node/240

image removed
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 01:33:05 PM by taximan007 » Logged

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2008, 11:24:10 AM »

This mornig it was frosty.

That means I can take my pickup into t' back field.

That means I can cut the blackthorn hedge.

Tht means that by tonight, I will look like a 3rd rate lion tamer who just had a bad day at the office.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2008, 11:35:45 AM »

Mind yerself!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2008, 11:56:42 AM »

This mornig it was frosty.

That means I can take my pickup into t' back field.

That means I can cut the blackthorn hedge.

Tht means that by tonight, I will look like a 3rd rate lion tamer who just had a bad day at the office.

So you're Siegfried and TK is Roy?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2008, 03:21:52 PM »

This (among other things) is what I fantasised about last night.

An eccentric billionare promises me a million pound prize if I finish in the top 3 of a 200 runner online comp. My entry is free, but I have to decide what level to play at. It can be anything from a freeroll to a $1000 buy in. The other players are unaware of my deal.

What level should I play, and why?

By "free entry" I assume the afore mentioned billionaire is providing the stake. So as you've already accepted a promise of money if you finish in the top 3 (accepting money for servcies rendered is called what Huh?), what's another grand and the standard of play might/would/will/may be a little better with more chance of a man of your esteemed talents being respected rather than the usual all in fest that is invariably at the start of a freeroll.

That's the whole point Duke. I wouldn't want to be against 200 freerollers, but given the choice, I probably wouldn't want to be against 200 players who were of the $1000 buy in standard.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2008, 03:33:32 PM »

An eccentric billionare promises me a million pound prize if I finish in the top 3 of a 200 runner online comp. My entry is free, but I have to decide what level to play at. It can be anything from a freeroll to a $1000 buy in. The other players are unaware of my deal.

By "free entry" I assume the afore mentioned billionaire is providing the stake. So as you've already accepted a promise of money if you finish in the top 3 (accepting money for servcies rendered is called what Huh?), what's another grand and the standard of play might/would/will/may be a little better with more chance of a man of your esteemed talents being respected rather than the usual all in fest that is invariably at the start of a freeroll.

That's the whole point Duke. I wouldn't want to be against 200 freerollers, but given the choice, I probably wouldn't want to be against 200 players who were of the $1000 buy in standard.

I'd play the freerollers as they'd be a weaker standard overall.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2008, 03:37:12 PM »

But loads of them just wouldn't care what happened. You couldn't make any moves, you could get 5 or 6 callers every pot. Weaker standard or not, that's a lot of bullets to dodge.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2008, 03:37:25 PM »

Same for me, if it was top 20 though i would probably go for $100 as they are always super easy tournaments to bully in towards the money.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »

Same for me, if it was top 20 though i would probably go for $100 as they are always super easy tournaments to bully in towards the money.

A 200 runner comp would pay top 20 as far as everyone else was concerned, it's only me getting the top 3 deal.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2008, 03:44:52 PM »

A 200 runner comp would pay top 20 as far as everyone else was concerned, it's only me getting the top 3 deal.

Exactly which is why i would play a freeroll if it had to be top 3 and a 100fo if it was top 20.

The easiest tournaments to win/top3 are the ones with the weakest players, they are almost always found in freeroll's

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2008, 04:03:52 PM »

The easiest tournaments to win/top3 are the ones with the weakest players, they are almost always found in freeroll's

how true

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=30555.msg628860#msg628860

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2008, 11:29:57 PM »

Here is an interesting, & recently Updated Thread, Tom.......

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=13836.60

Please feel free to bow to my superior knowledge in matters Papillon, Cormorants, & Worldly-Wiseness.

But - one to you here - I loved the turn of phrase you used in this thread the other day - "......a road less travelled.....". Lovely!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: