blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:35:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2002 2003 2004 2005 [2006] 2007 2008 2009 2010 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587630 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30075 on: November 02, 2018, 02:49:52 PM »

What do you think the cut off age for a grumpy old bastard should be set at? I mean, yoofs are just naturally grumpy but they have no real finesse, they lack the experience to do it properly.

It should be a moving target set to one year older than whatever my current age is.

Sorry Sheriff, 40+ definitely qualifies.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #30076 on: November 02, 2018, 06:33:15 PM »

What do you think the cut off age for a grumpy old bastard should be set at? I mean, yoofs are just naturally grumpy but they have no real finesse, they lack the experience to do it properly.

It should be a moving target set to one year older than whatever my current age is.

Sorry Sheriff, 40+ definitely qualifies.

Only as an apprentice GOB.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #30077 on: November 02, 2018, 07:02:35 PM »

I’ll let you know when I reach it.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #30078 on: November 02, 2018, 07:57:13 PM »

I can safely say I'm a G.O.B at 49 and 364 days, lying in a hospital bed waiting for a birthday spent on drip-fed antibiotics Sad

Annoyingly there's nothing much wrong but since I've a habit of taking anaphylactic shocks to antibiotics the docs insist on hospitalisation for any piddling wee infected elbow.

Adding insult to injury a gorgeous nurse came in started taking my details, and I know her mum.... yep, Grumpy Old Bastard it is.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30079 on: November 02, 2018, 08:02:23 PM »

FFS Rod, what are you like?

Get well soon though. X

Oh and happy birthday.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30080 on: November 02, 2018, 08:03:14 PM »

From the time the first cave man sat on a rock, looked into the night sky and wondered what the stars were until now, when we have the Big Bang Theory, what percentage of the riddle of the Universe do you think we've solved?

Are we almost there to or have we just scratched the surface?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30081 on: November 02, 2018, 08:19:22 PM »

And how did you get an infected elbow?
Did you leave it where someone could bump his teeth on it or did it start with a carpet burn?

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #30082 on: November 02, 2018, 09:38:47 PM »

Did you leave it where someone could bump his teeth on it or did it start with a carpet burn?

No injury, just infected bursitus, the wee pad in the elbow joint gets inflamed, fills with fluid & then if you're really lucky gets infected.

Re the universe, don't think we've even scratched the surface.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30083 on: November 02, 2018, 09:59:49 PM »

No injury, just infected bursitus, the wee pad in the elbow joint gets inflamed, fills with fluid & then if you're really lucky gets infected.

Re the universe, don't think we've even scratched the surface.

Aah bursitis! I have it in my hips. (Trochanteric bursitis) Makes sleeping on the ground impossible for me these days but that apart it doesn't cause me much trouble.

I've never had the infected version though, it sounds nasty.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30084 on: November 02, 2018, 11:22:35 PM »

FFS Rod, what are you like?

Get well soon though. X

Oh and happy birthday.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #30085 on: November 02, 2018, 11:52:20 PM »

I was thinking of the great old dramas on channel 4, and realised you can see them on channel 4 on demand.   Might start with Traffik.  Only 1 series and 6 episodes seems quite appealing.

Never seen it so I might risk one episode.

I just finished watching it again.  It is as good as I remember, maybe even better. Channel 4 has produced some excellent TV over the years, though maybe not so much these days. 

Only 6 hours in total, so a much easier watch than The Wire.  It is pretty bleak for much of the series, so don't expect many laughs. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30086 on: November 03, 2018, 07:34:44 AM »

I was thinking of the great old dramas on channel 4, and realised you can see them on channel 4 on demand.   Might start with Traffik.  Only 1 series and 6 episodes seems quite appealing.

Never seen it so I might risk one episode.

I just finished watching it again.  It is as good as I remember, maybe even better. Channel 4 has produced some excellent TV over the years, though maybe not so much these days. 

Only 6 hours in total, so a much easier watch than The Wire.  It is pretty bleak for much of the series, so don't expect many laughs. 

Cheers Doobs.

Somehow I don't see you as a grumpy old bastard, more of a slightly cynical mature gentleman.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30087 on: November 03, 2018, 08:00:33 AM »

Right. Let me  give you an example of grumpy old bastardness. (Surely 'bastardness' has two s's?) Tal?

Anyway, for ages now I've been hearing and seeing references to someone called Stormzy but I couldn't tell you anything about him because I totally refuse to show any interest in someone with a name as stupid as that.

Well today curiosity got the better of me and I decided to read a news item about him. The article started with a quote from Mr S.

"Yo May"

Needless to say I immediately averted my eyes.

I'm afraid  that Stormzy & I will go our separate ways and I will remain in complete, blissful ignorance.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30088 on: November 03, 2018, 10:06:20 AM »

So here are some musings on the riddle of the universe starting with  the question, 'Is there life out there?'

Well logic dictates that the answer is a resounding yes, there has to be.

Consider these facts:

According to Prof Brian Cox life needs an environment where water can exist as a liquid. If the host planet is too far from a star the water becomes a solid, too far away and it becomes a gas.

The people who steer the Hubble telescope had a quick shufti around the galaxy and estimated that there are ~ 10 million planets that are in a stable orbit around a star and also in the sweet spot where the water neither vaporises nor freezes.

It is a virtual certainty that many of these planets will host life, so it must be out there somewhere, especially if you consider that our galaxy is just one amongst billions of others.

Is it likely to be intelligent life though, and if so, is there any possibility of us making contact? The answer to these questions is also resounding, but this time it's a resounding NO!

I'll tell you why....

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #30089 on: November 03, 2018, 11:38:42 AM »

Right. Let me  give you an example of grumpy old bastardness. (Surely 'bastardness' has two s's?) Tal?

Anyway, for ages now I've been hearing and seeing references to someone called Stormzy but I couldn't tell you anything about him because I totally refuse to show any interest in someone with a name as stupid as that.

Well today curiosity got the better of me and I decided to read a news item about him. The article started with a quote from Mr S.

"Yo May"

Needless to say I immediately averted my eyes.

I'm afraid  that Stormzy & I will go our separate ways and I will remain in complete, blissful ignorance.

Yo Red Dog, I couldn't agree more about the stupid names adults call themselves, regards Doobs

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 2002 2003 2004 2005 [2006] 2007 2008 2009 2010 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: