blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:21:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2093 2094 2095 2096 [2097] 2098 2099 2100 2101 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3604982 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31440 on: October 04, 2019, 07:53:09 PM »

Great film, and for some reason the next one up was the pianist. It started before I could find the remote and now I have to watch it again.

The older I get, the better I was.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #31441 on: October 04, 2019, 09:20:53 PM »

Now here's a conundrum. We'll it's baffled me, perhaps one of you know the answer.

See the dwarf conifer below? Well while I was cutting the hedges I noticed that a frond/branch from one of the leylandii had fallen in to it.

Click to see full-size image.

When I tried to pull it out I realised that it hadn't fallen in there, but was actually growing from the dwarf conifer.

On close inspection it's sprouting from the trunk just like all the other, regular branches.

Anyone with half an eye can see that this branch is alien to the rest of the tree. I can't think of a rational explanation.

Plant Genetic Reversion - where a branch reverts back to the original plant type from the cultivated mutation that people decided was pretty and kept.

Your dwarf conifer is just harking back to its roots Cheesy.

https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/understanding_tree_reversions

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31442 on: October 04, 2019, 09:40:45 PM »

Now here's a conundrum. We'll it's baffled me, perhaps one of you know the answer.

See the dwarf conifer below? Well while I was cutting the hedges I noticed that a frond/branch from one of the leylandii had fallen in to it.

When I tried to pull it out I realised that it hadn't fallen in there, but was actually growing from the dwarf conifer.

On close inspection it's sprouting from the trunk just like all the other, regular branches.

Anyone with half an eye can see that this branch is alien to the rest of the tree. I can't think of a rational explanation.

Plant Genetic Reversion - where a branch reverts back to the original plant type from the cultivated mutation that people decided was pretty and kept.

That's it precisely Rod. I never would have believed it.

I was going to cut it off but I think I'll just keep an eye on it and see what happens.

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #31443 on: October 04, 2019, 10:38:03 PM »

Women and MOTs continued.

I haven't much idea on the tree either, but could the conifer have had a damaged trunk and a bud from the leylandi fell into the damaged crack?  or was carried there by a bird or animal?  It isn't something I have come across

Probable, also less likely is the rootstock being merged/grafted which would be really interesting, a picture where it comes out of the conifer might throw some light on it if you are in a Sherlock mood one dry day.

I will endeavour to do that Ms Nova. The trouble is that whilst being beautiful on the outside, the inside of these particular models are all brown and horrible. (A bit like me really.)

BTW- I was surprised when you mentioned your other half a little while ago. (Something to do with crabs)

I didn't even know you had another half. Is he new?

Plants can tell us alot of things about themselves if we look and take heed.

My other half, yes Sir, you met him before me (I think) remember when we first met in DTD when I was in tears cos a fish bust me out of my first (and last) HORSE tourney? He was playing cash with you and he's a been a blonde longer than I have - just!

So.....I split up with my power crazed transvestite (I had no idea) and a few years later blew all my money on a trip to Vegas with APAT as someone thought it would be good for me and I met him on the last night...we were a bit drunk. The rest is history. I have always said that poker saved my live and changed my life thanks to 3 legends of poker Neil Channing, Tikay and the other half Darren Shallis aka Newportlad on here.

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31444 on: October 04, 2019, 10:55:32 PM »

Women and MOTs continued.

I haven't much idea on the tree either, but could the conifer have had a damaged trunk and a bud from the leylandi fell into the damaged crack?  or was carried there by a bird or animal?  It isn't something I have come across

Probable, also less likely is the rootstock being merged/grafted which would be really interesting, a picture where it comes out of the conifer might throw some light on it if you are in a Sherlock mood one dry day.

I will endeavour to do that Ms Nova. The trouble is that whilst being beautiful on the outside, the inside of these particular models are all brown and horrible. (A bit like me really.)

BTW- I was surprised when you mentioned your other half a little while ago. (Something to do with crabs)

I didn't even know you had another half. Is he new?

Plants can tell us alot of things about themselves if we look and take heed.

My other half, yes Sir, you met him before me (I think) remember when we first met in DTD when I was in tears cos a fish bust me out of my first (and last) HORSE tourney? He was playing cash with you and he's a been a blonde longer than I have - just!

So.....I split up with my power crazed transvestite (I had no idea) and a few years later blew all my money on a trip to Vegas with APAT as someone thought it would be good for me and I met him on the last night...we were a bit drunk. The rest is history. I have always said that poker saved my live and changed my life thanks to 3 legends of poker Neil Channing, Tikay and the other half Darren Shallis aka Newportlad on here.

Yes yes that all makes sense, I just never put you two together. (forgive me, I'm old).

Anyway, I wish you both all the best. XX

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #31445 on: October 05, 2019, 10:52:32 AM »

That's it precisely Rod. I never would have believed it.

I was going to cut it off but I think I'll just keep an eye on it and see what happens.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 10:54:37 AM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31446 on: October 06, 2019, 08:46:56 PM »

Do have this problem, and if so how do you deal with it?

You sit down with the Mrs to watch a film or a new serial or something. It looks good on paper but turns out to be utter shyte.

You suggest watching something else, you reason that in this day and age we are spoiled for choice, why bother with something that will turn your brain to porridge?

She likes it, or worse, she agrees that it's crap, but just wants to see how it ends.....

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31447 on: October 06, 2019, 08:55:42 PM »

The last time I made this mistake it was a 16 part serial called Manifest about a plane that took off, went missing, was forgotten about but landed with everyone aboard safe and sound and unaware that anything unusual had happened.

It could have been good but it was utter drivel.

Mrs Red wanted to see how it turned out.

16 episodes later it didn't turn out, it was end of season 1.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31448 on: October 06, 2019, 09:10:11 PM »

The last time I made this mistake it was a 16 part serial called Manifest about a plane that took off, went missing, was forgotten about but landed with everyone aboard safe and sound and unaware that anything unusual had happened.

It could have been good but it was utter drivel.

Mrs Red wanted to see how it turned out.

16 episodes later it didn't turn out, it was end of season 1.

Good news for Mrs Red

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a870587/manifest-nbc-season-2-release-date-cast-episodes-trailer/

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31449 on: October 06, 2019, 09:17:34 PM »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #31450 on: October 07, 2019, 11:03:41 AM »

Hi Tom,
Not been on here for a few days so missed Tikays lovely pic of the old cars.
Looks like you did pretty well with the makes/models. Smiley
BUT i think the car in middle, third one in you say is a maxi, is actually an austin 1800, the rear lights look wrong for a maxi.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31451 on: October 07, 2019, 11:21:08 AM »

Hi Tom,
Not been on here for a few days so missed Tikays lovely pic of the old cars.
Looks like you did pretty well with the makes/models. Smiley
BUT i think the car in middle, third one in you say is a maxi, is actually an austin 1800, the rear lights look wrong for a maxi.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right. I'd forgotten that distinction Ade.

I'm surprised I didn't do worse to be honest.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31452 on: October 07, 2019, 11:31:08 AM »

It was bang in my era though. I was buying car components for export at the time and my days were spent searing around breakers yards looking for various bits from one or other model. They were usually piled 5 high, often with loads of bits missing so being able to identify them was key.

Breakers yards as we knew them don't exist any more. It's all about pollution, health & safety etc. Mind you, the yards I went into were sodden with old engine oil and battery acid.

I can't imagine people being allowed to stroll around with their tool box, climbing up piles of precariously balanced cars to screw bits off these days can you? It used to happen though, and I can only remember a few dozen being killed or maimed.

roshambo

View Profile
« Reply #31453 on: October 07, 2019, 04:00:31 PM »

It was bang in my era though. I was buying car components for export at the time and my days were spent searing around breakers yards looking for various bits from one or other model. They were usually piled 5 high, often with loads of bits missing so being able to identify them was key.

Breakers yards as we knew them don't exist any more. It's all about pollution, health & safety etc. Mind you, the yards I went into were sodden with old engine oil and battery acid.

I can't imagine people being allowed to stroll around with their tool box, climbing up piles of precariously balanced cars to screw bits off these days can you? It used to happen though, and I can only remember a few dozen being killed or maimed.

still one near me, always good to find the little bits you need rather than going full price. They are trying to minimize people in the yard with a shop but i love still being able to strip the part i need.

http://www.upickit.co.uk/home
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31454 on: October 07, 2019, 04:58:46 PM »

still one near me, always good to find the little bits you need rather than going full price. They are trying to minimize people in the yard with a shop but i love still being able to strip the part i need.

http://www.upickit.co.uk/home

That's fantastic. It's the cleanest yard I've ever seen.

Pages: 1 ... 2093 2094 2095 2096 [2097] 2098 2099 2100 2101 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: