blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:59:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2225 2226 2227 2228 [2229] 2230 2231 2232 2233 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3608042 times)
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #33420 on: March 06, 2021, 03:44:56 PM »

Offering nursing staff 1% is surely a miss-step by the Gov The voters won't like it, especially since Dominic Cummings got an extra 40%.

5% would seem like the minimum IMO.

Spot on there Tom. I don't know what they were thinking announcing 1% after the year the NHS has had.

Got the Tiger documentary in the planner ready to watch.

Kate, very pretty but could do with a few bowls of lobby in her.

Anyway got to go time for my jab.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33421 on: March 08, 2021, 11:29:38 AM »

Meghan interview.

I know we're going to fall into different camps about this and that's fine, I love it when people put their view forward without it having to be an argument. (Well I know it is technically an argument but not a biting and gouging one)

These are the questions that occur to me.

If the Sussex's are so concerned about their privacy, why would they choose to air their dirty washing on a talk show?

If someone in the royal family asked how dark the baby's skin might be, why would she tell us that and then not name the person? That way she accuses everyone and robs everyone of the right to defend themselves at the same time. If she is such a committed black-rights activist, why leave this vile racist un-outed?

Has anyone considered the possibility that she might not be telling the truth?

The older I get, the better I was.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #33422 on: March 08, 2021, 12:26:03 PM »

Meghan interview.

I know we're going to fall into different camps about this and that's fine, I love it when people put their view forward without it having to be an argument. (Well I know it is technically an argument but not a biting and gouging one)

If the Sussex's are so concerned about their privacy, why would they choose to air their dirty washing on a talk show?

If someone in the royal family asked how dark the baby's skin might be, why would she tell us that and then not name the person? That way she accuses everyone and robs everyone of the right to defend themselves at the same time. If she is such a committed black-rights activist, why leave this vile racist un-outed?

Aah, what is truth. The ancient question

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #33423 on: March 08, 2021, 12:55:39 PM »

Meghan interview.

Surely they are degrees of racism, and this is just some casual racism and not worthy of really outing?  I think Piers accused them of calling the Royal Family White Supremacists or similar nonsense this morning.  They didn't at all.  Then again he keeps writing that they were talking whilst Prince Philip is in hospital when he knows it was pre recorded, so guess the truth isn't his main concern. 

Interesting that you and Piers are still having a go at just Meghan, when Harry was the witness and I read he verified it was true later in the interview.  I'd be pretty surprised if the two of them hadn't agreed on the line on this one knowing that Meghan would mention it.  Surely the responsibility for the revelation, and the perceived lie, is at least on both of them?   I am not expecting you and Piers to have agreed a line on this.

The privacy thing is a delicate balance, just because we all are willing to speak in public doesn't mean we are happy with the press using long lenses to capture pictures of us in our undercracks for the front page.   Nor does it give the press the right to flat out just make things up about our thoughts and intentions.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33424 on: March 08, 2021, 01:06:00 PM »

Meghan interview.

Surely they are degrees of racism, and this is just some casual racism and not worthy of really outing?  I think Piers accused them of calling the Royal Family White Supremacists or similar nonsense this morning.  They didn't at all.  Then again he keeps writing that they were talking whilst Prince Philip is in hospital when he knows it was pre recorded, so guess the truth isn't his main concern. 

Interesting that you and Piers are still having a go at just Meghan, when Harry was the witness and I read he verified it was true later in the interview.  I'd be pretty surprised if the two of them hadn't agreed on the line on this one knowing that Meghan would mention it.  Surely the responsibility for the revelation, and the perceived lie, is at least on both of them?   I am not expecting you and Piers to have agreed a line on this.

The privacy thing is a delicate balance, just because we all are willing to speak in public doesn't mean we are happy with the press using long lenses to capture pictures of us in our undercracks for the front page.   Nor does it give the press the right to flat out just make things up about our thoughts and intentions.

I hate the phrase, "You and Piers. Lol.

I think she is a scheming narcissist and Harry is mentally damaged and easily led. I think he is totally in the wrong too, but not as culpable as her because he's not that bright.

She was obsessed with Princess Di, so I'm not believing she didn't know what she was getting her self into.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33425 on: March 08, 2021, 02:59:40 PM »

Meghan interview.

I hate the phrase, "You and Piers. Lol.

I think she is a scheming narcissist and Harry is mentally damaged and easily led. I think he is totally in the wrong too, but not as culpable as her because he's not that bright.

She was obsessed with Princess Di, so I'm not believing she didn't know what she was getting her self into.

Very harsh Red. Don't get me wrong, I'd abolish the whole institution and try to ignore them where I can, but it's pretty clear the press haven't left them alone since they left. At some point you've got to try and get your side out. Diana tried but had very little backing Harry's had the sense to find a different establishment to go to since he's decided to take a stand against this one. 

The whole "bullying allegations" suddenly being investigated, the public 'sacking' etc shows they're in a fight now. They have a choice, step back and hope it blows over (which it's never looked like doing) or fight back.

Personally for me the bigger story is that the Queen was alleged to have lobbied to block laws that would make her revel the extent of her shareholdings. A sudden 'war' with Harry and Megan fairly helps take focus away from her interfering in the governance of the country. Laws were passed to stop Charles' interference being found through freedom of information requests as well.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33426 on: March 08, 2021, 03:20:04 PM »

So shouldn't their beef be with the press?

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33427 on: March 08, 2021, 03:30:14 PM »

The Royals have got years of experience of controlling the press, they could have pushed back but seemed to leave them to the wolves.

Anyway, for something completely different - a long complicated article, but a very interesting one on artificial hearts....

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/03/08/how-to-build-an-artificial-heart?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33428 on: March 08, 2021, 03:42:00 PM »

The Royals have got years of experience of controlling the press, they could have pushed back but seemed to leave them to the wolves.

Anyway, for something completely different - a long complicated article, but a very interesting one on artificial hearts....

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/03/08/how-to-build-an-artificial-heart?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

Do I have to create an account to read that Rod?

If we're lucky, out own blonde artificial heart expert might chip in.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33429 on: March 08, 2021, 04:58:43 PM »

No account needed, just close the window that opens asking you to.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33430 on: March 08, 2021, 05:22:24 PM »

No account needed, just close the window that opens asking you to.

I don't have the option to close it Rod.

Click to see full-size image.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #33431 on: March 08, 2021, 06:21:17 PM »

try to disable javascript for the site - that sometimes stops the popup

Meghan is a Actor, so likely to be a bit weird on the interpersonal level.  The tabloid press were obviously going to write about her every time they got the opportunity, so the only option was really to bugger off imo.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33432 on: March 08, 2021, 09:12:54 PM »

kong@yahoo.com
Password:
    Kong@1

www.bugmenot.com is a handy resource to try and find logins.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #33433 on: March 08, 2021, 10:44:35 PM »

Wow, that's a long article, about 3/4s the way thru they mention what I have - a Heartmate II -  although sometimes referred to as an artificial heart the type I have just support the left heart (about 90% of the heart's function) and the right heart keeps doing it's work without aid. 10th Anniversary of having it fitted on April 21st - getting edgy now because you can't find much literature on people living with it this long.

My fervent wish is that I survive beyond the date when politicians tell me whether to stay in or go out for the good of my health.

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33434 on: March 08, 2021, 11:14:39 PM »

Wow, that's a long article, about 3/4s the way thru they mention what I have - a Heartmate II -  although sometimes referred to as an artificial heart the type I have just support the left heart (about 90% of the heart's function) and the right heart keeps doing it's work without aid. 10th Anniversary of having it fitted on April 21st - getting edgy now because you can't find much literature on people living with it this long.

My fervent wish is that I survive beyond the date when politicians tell me whether to stay in or go out for the good of my health.

It's a great article, worth all the palaver of trying to view it.

Glen. It is my fervent wish that you remain in post as blonde's most useless troll for many years to come.

It's not that you don't have the wit, you're just hamstrung by an over developed sense of decency.

Pages: 1 ... 2225 2226 2227 2228 [2229] 2230 2231 2232 2233 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: