blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:54:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 433 434 [435] 436 437 438 439 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3609860 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6510 on: September 28, 2009, 03:42:12 PM »

I've become quite friendly with one or two Rastas at DTD. I don't know if it is part of their faith, but they are really respectful toward other peeps, always a nice handshake and greeting etc.

Just their personality i'd guess Red,same as all race and religions,good and bad everywhere.

Reason i know this is i was once chased by a rastafarian outside Cold Blow Lane ( Millwall's old ground ) and he wasn't very nice,wanted to stab me he did!

Haha! I know that people are just people, whatever their background or religion, it's just that these guys make such a point of doing a proper "Hello. how are you? I hope you are well" type greeting that I wondered if it was part of their teachings.

It is a big part of their teachings.

Really? Well if so, good for them.

Rastafari believe that God is everywhere and in everyone. Therefore a "true" rastafari will always respect all other living beings, including humans.

http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/resources/religion/rastafarianism.html

This is a pretty good website with the basics in it (if a bit dry)

To be fair, Christians, muslims, Jehova's witnesses etc etc. are of course taught to be respectful and kind towards others as well.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #6511 on: September 28, 2009, 03:42:28 PM »

Is there a religion that does not encourage people to be decent to one another?

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6512 on: September 28, 2009, 03:44:52 PM »

I've become quite friendly with one or two Rastas at DTD. I don't know if it is part of their faith, but they are really respectful toward other peeps, always a nice handshake and greeting etc.

Just their personality i'd guess Red,same as all race and religions,good and bad everywhere.

Reason i know this is i was once chased by a rastafarian outside Cold Blow Lane ( Millwall's old ground ) and he wasn't very nice,wanted to stab me he did!

Not every black guy with dreadlocks is a Rasta.

What social groupage would these come under then?

lol please stop

What?

Twas a proper question, not very well worded perhaps but you get what i mean.

The social groupage would be "people with dreadlocks as a hairstyle"

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6513 on: September 28, 2009, 03:45:29 PM »

This.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6514 on: September 28, 2009, 03:49:15 PM »

This.

Really?

All the Abrahamic religions teach that non-believers should or will be punished (and their books show many examples of this).

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
pokefast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6515 on: September 28, 2009, 03:55:24 PM »

lol please stop

What?

You're not a rastafarian then?

Jon Woodfield is the cleverist man in Europe!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6516 on: September 28, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »

lol please stop

What?

No, he's a pasthissellbyarian.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6517 on: September 28, 2009, 03:57:39 PM »

lol please stop

What?

No, he's a pasthissellbyarian.

lol

Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #6518 on: September 28, 2009, 03:59:05 PM »

This.

Really?

All the Abrahamic religions teach that non-believers should or will be punished (and their books show many examples of this).

Maybe, but most followers believe that judgment will be made after death and that it is up to God to do the punishing.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #6519 on: September 28, 2009, 04:00:58 PM »

This.

Really?

Maybe, but most followers believe that judgment will be made after death and that it is up to God to do the punishing.

yeah, what the donkey said

they still teach you to respect even the people who are going to be punished don't they?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #6520 on: September 28, 2009, 04:08:13 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing#As_a_cultural_practice ?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6521 on: September 28, 2009, 04:12:48 PM »

This.

Really?

yeah, what the donkey said

they still teach you to respect even the people who are going to be punished don't they?

Not exactly no.  The idea of 'love thy neighbour' is considered by many to mean exactly that - those tribes that live close by.   It doesn't mean you should treat all with the same respect.  The slaying of the first-born of Egypt was hardly the act of a benevolent god who treated all with the same respect.

Also, there's very little respect for homesexuals in the bible either. 

The Quran is fairly explicit:
"Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then kill them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. (But if they desist in their unbelief, then don't kill them.) " and "If you believe in only part of the Scripture, you will suffer in this life and go to hell in the next."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 04:16:09 PM by kinboshi » Logged

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6522 on: September 28, 2009, 04:13:08 PM »

[/quote]The right to life of women in Pakistan is conditional on their obeying social norms and traditions[/quote]

As opposed to the right of life of anyone anywhere else in society?(or atleast countries where they have the death penalty?)

Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #6523 on: September 28, 2009, 04:26:41 PM »

So evil people use religion to achieve evil ends. Good people use religion to try and create a better world.

There are more good people than bad, so in general religion achieves more good than bad.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6524 on: September 28, 2009, 04:30:24 PM »

So evil people use religion to achieve evil ends. Good people use religion to try and create a better world.

There are more good people than bad, so in general religion achieves more good than bad.

That obviously doesn't actually follow as you are saying that all good in the world comes from religion (if you follow the above through) which is obv nonsense. Maybe there are just more good people in the world than bad ones?

Pages: 1 ... 431 432 433 434 [435] 436 437 438 439 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: