blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:58:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 727 728 [729] 730 731 732 733 ... 2348 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3650927 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10920 on: January 18, 2011, 09:38:08 PM »

The scantily clad thing is a modern innovation. (As with the rest of society I suppose)

It wasn't like that in my day.

The older I get, the better I was.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #10921 on: January 18, 2011, 09:38:55 PM »

taken back to my childhood a bit there - always had to try hard to stifle the giggles when the priest started singing

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10922 on: January 18, 2011, 09:40:30 PM »

Sigh... See what I mean about extremes?

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: January 18, 2011, 09:42:02 PM »

is what we're seeing typical of the Irish travelling community Tom, or would they consider these examples extreme also?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: January 18, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »

Its a little bit much, great entertainment but I think most people will realise that this isnt standard Gypsy fare.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #10925 on: January 18, 2011, 09:44:54 PM »

OMG he said a racist word!

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10926 on: January 18, 2011, 09:46:17 PM »

TBH it's a lot like any Irish country wedding except with skimpier dresses.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10927 on: January 18, 2011, 09:47:05 PM »

is what we're seeing typical of the Irish travelling community Tom, or would they consider these examples extreme also?

Difficult to answer precisely. They show some extreme examples of typical stuff.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10928 on: January 18, 2011, 10:28:25 PM »

According to Facebook comments, most of the community cringed as they watched it through their fingers. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10929 on: January 18, 2011, 11:45:38 PM »

Well done on the Diet Tom - you are on course to lose a Stone in about 3 weeks. Proper dieting, that.

You feeling better - mentally, physically?

Target weight decided yet, or just see how it goes?

I feel wonderful. I could bite a tiger.

I'm surprised that the diet is going so well. I think it's down to two basic reasons.

1: I was ready. I mean really ready. I was fed up with stuffing my face with crap whether I wanted it or not. I was sick of feeling bloated and listless.

1: Weighing myself every day and posting the result every day. It's a real motivation to do well. when I'm tempted to eat something I shouldn't, I think about my weigh in the next morning and how much I will hate to post a gain, whereas if I weigh once a week, I can eat and kid myself that I will have time to work it off before the next weigh in.

Initially, I want to get below 14st and then re-evaluate.

I think I will probably decide on around 13st 7lb and then try to work out a good maintenance diet.    

Spot on Tom. As you know, & contrary to popular belief, I've always sworn by that system. Daily, withoit fail. It means there is no escape clause.

I think the once a week weighers kid themselves, though I do not mean that rudely. Setting a target of 4lbs a month is not dieting, it's just eating better, which is a good thing, of course. Any half-serious diet should result, all things being equal, in a loss of a stone per month. Which just requires discipline.

PS - Missed my lunchtime soup & salad today, had nothing, for a variety of reasons, & for the first time since I began this diet, I felt hungry this afternoon. If I lose the routine, I'm beaten.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10930 on: January 18, 2011, 11:52:22 PM »

Traditionally when dieting I've always sort of "Stuck" for a while at around 14st 5lb (Where I am now).

The next few days will be interesting.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10931 on: January 19, 2011, 08:50:59 AM »

14st 5lb

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #10932 on: January 19, 2011, 12:02:02 PM »

According to Facebook comments, most of the community cringed as they watched it through their fingers. 

Tom - I always watch these things with synacism as you know there is likely to be a slant of some sort.

I thought the thing that would upset the 'moral majority' would be the 'grabbing' which, if it was as shown on the programme, be seen as assault in some eyes. I realise that it's all part of the culture - is it Gypsy or Traveller culture or both?

If it is part of the Gypsy culture has it always been like this, if so did you Grab Mrs Red? I'm sure you mentioned somewhere how shy you were as a young man so the grabbing would seem out of character.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #10933 on: January 19, 2011, 12:07:40 PM »

I think the once a week weighers kid themselves,...

I think that most people who do this do so because they recognise that the technical flaws in any scales mean that any apparent weight loss from one day to the next day is potentially meaningless as it could just be down to the scales. Whereas over a whole week you would expect a bigger fall which would make the margin of error more insignificant.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10934 on: January 19, 2011, 12:10:33 PM »

Tom - I always watch these things with synacism as you know there is likely to be a slant of some sort.

I thought the thing that would upset the 'moral majority' would be the 'grabbing' which, if it was as shown on the programme, be seen as assault in some eyes. I realise that it's all part of the culture - is it Gypsy or Traveller culture or both?

If it is part of the Gypsy culture has it always been like this, if so did you Grab Mrs Red? I'm sure you mentioned somewhere how shy you were as a young man so the grabbing would seem out of character.

Grabbing is A relatively recent innovation, and is an Irish Traveller rather than a Gypsy thing.

In my day, If you had grabbed a girl like that, she. (Or her brother) would have split you open. At best, you would have had to fight someone the next morning

I have to say though, it was still quite innocent. Notice that the boys were after a kiss, no more, and during the "Grabbing" hands never strayed to where they shouldn't be.

Pages: 1 ... 725 726 727 728 [729] 730 731 732 733 ... 2348 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: