blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:08:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 762 763 764 765 [766] 767 768 769 770 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587092 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11475 on: February 08, 2011, 11:44:24 PM »

I Missed the "Jungle" episode of Human Planet. Does anyone have a link so that I can watch it online?

The older I get, the better I was.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #11476 on: February 09, 2011, 12:00:31 AM »

I Missed the "Jungle" episode of Human Planet. Does anyone have a link so that I can watch it online?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rrd83/Human_Planet_Jungles_People_of_the_Trees/

Is that the one?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11477 on: February 09, 2011, 12:07:31 AM »

Tom is showing his true colours the last few days, so many incredible quotes.

There was an unforgettable one-liner a few days back, I planned to use it as my sig, but I can't remember what it was now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11478 on: February 09, 2011, 12:08:52 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rrd83/Human_Planet_Jungles_People_of_the_Trees/

Is that the one?

Yes. Thank you. I didn't realise it was on the Beeb.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11479 on: February 09, 2011, 12:14:28 AM »

There was an unforgettable one-liner a few days back, I planned to use it as my sig, but I can't remember what it was now.

Thought you could slip that one past me?

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #11480 on: February 09, 2011, 12:15:42 AM »

Is that the one?

I didn't either. In fact I've never even watched it or heard of it.

I have access to this thing called google though.

I just typed in 'Human planet jungle' and hey presto Wink

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11481 on: February 09, 2011, 12:18:24 AM »

Is that the one?

I didn't either. In fact I've never even watched it or heard of it.

I have access to this thing called google though.

I just typed in 'Human planet jungle' and hey presto Wink

Wow! That google thing is great. I've just typed in "Sarcastic tosser"

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #11482 on: February 09, 2011, 12:21:09 AM »

If you were in charge, what would you most want us to see?

Well, just for a start...

I would like you to see what it's like to meet someone you have never met before, and yet know him for what he is, what he's been through, and know that he knows you the same. I would like you to understand the trust that you can have in this man because he gives his word, or slaps your hand.

Then I would like you to see what it's like to meet someone you have never met before, and have him hate you. Have him see you and your kind as scum, not fit to live among decent human beings.

Have been mulling this for an hour or so since you posted it and I have to confess it is bothering me. I understand that you have a shared history with other Gypsies but why isn't the suggestion that you can trust someone on the basis of  the fact that they are a Gypsy as prejudicial as the suggestion that you are scum on the basis of your ethnicity.  Surely treating someone preferentially on the basis of their ethnicity is as dangerous as the opposite.  Obviously it happens all the time but should the goal here not be to eliminate the thinking that people are more intelligent, most trustworthy or more attractive just on the basis of where they were born, the colour of their skin or their religion etc?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11483 on: February 09, 2011, 12:31:12 AM »

Thought you could slip that one past me?

Too good, you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11484 on: February 09, 2011, 12:42:17 AM »

If you were in charge, what would you most want us to see?

Well, just for a start...

I would like you to see what it's like to meet someone you have never met before, and yet know him for what he is, what he's been through, and know that he knows you the same. I would like you to understand the trust that you can have in this man because he gives his word, or slaps your hand.

Then I would like you to see what it's like to meet someone you have never met before, and have him hate you. Have him see you and your kind as scum, not fit to live among decent human beings.

Have been mulling this for an hour or so since you posted it and I have to confess it is bothering me. I understand that you have a shared history with other Gypsies but why isn't the suggestion that you can trust someone on the basis of  the fact that they are a Gypsy as prejudicial as the suggestion that you are scum on the basis of your ethnicity.  Surely treating someone preferentially on the basis of their ethnicity is as dangerous as the opposite.  Obviously it happens all the time but should the goal here not be to eliminate the thinking that people are more intelligent, most trustworthy or more attractive just on the basis of where they were born, the colour of their skin or their religion etc?

There is surely a difference between treating someone preferentially and knowing you can trust them isn't there?

I didn't say or suggest that I can't trust someone who is not a Gypsy, just that I wouldn't know that I could if he were a stranger.

There are several people on this forum who I would trust implicitly, but I had to get to know them first.

"people are more intelligent, most trustworthy or more attractive just on the basis of where they were born, the colour of their skin or their religion etc?"

These are your words not mine. That is not what I said or implied.

For the avoidance of doubt though, let me point out that I am in no way offended by your question. I thought it was an excellent one.

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #11485 on: February 09, 2011, 12:49:24 AM »

am i going mad tom.,.,pm sent to u.,.,im confusssssedddd

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11486 on: February 09, 2011, 12:51:12 AM »

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=30601.msg1312959#msg1312959

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #11487 on: February 09, 2011, 12:51:43 AM »

was on my iphone couldnt see lol

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #11488 on: February 09, 2011, 01:02:29 AM »

lmao.,.,., i thought all my new topics were being deleted lololol.,.,.,
i thought i posted it in the lounge new topic lol
u got skin like a rhino.,.,i thought it wasnt bad.., but i thought you might be feeling a bit touchy.,.,lol.,.,

that paddy was/is a scrapper mind..heard a few stories .,.,fair hard man mind.,.,i pmsl when the mini bus of country girls showing there arses.,.,he loved that for tv.,.,
i thougt violet was one of the nicest girls on the whole series.,.,see her daddy say ..,it would be cheaper to hire a hit man,...,about the wedding.,.,.,

i LOVE some of the Gypsy sayings.,.,i get them everyday.,.,people dont realise how funny they are,..,the things they come out with.,.,pure class..,
im trying to get taff and jon to come with me to ukipt saturday.,.,theyd love it..,u going tom..,

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11489 on: February 09, 2011, 01:08:30 AM »

lmao.,.,., i thought all my new topics were being deleted lololol.,.,.,
i thought i posted it in the lounge new topic lol
u got skin like a rhino.,.,i thought it wasnt bad.., but i thought you might be feeling a bit touchy.,.,lol.,.,

that paddy was/is a scrapper mind..heard a few stories .,.,fair hard man mind.,.,i pmsl when the mini bus of country girls showing there arses.,.,he loved that for tv.,.,
i thougt violet was one of the nicest girls on the whole series.,.,see her daddy say ..,it would be cheaper to hire a hit man,...,about the wedding.,.,.,

i LOVE some of the Gypsy sayings.,.,i get them everyday.,.,people dont realise how funny they are,..,the things they come out with.,.,pure class..,
im trying to get taff and jon to come with me to ukipt saturday.,.,theyd love it..,u going tom..,

Yes I'm playing Saturday.

A proper man is Taffy. I hope comes, he's fun alive and he sets the cash games alight.

Pages: 1 ... 762 763 764 765 [766] 767 768 769 770 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: