blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:01:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1719 1720 1721 1722 [1723] 1724 1725 1726 1727 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3600384 times)
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #25830 on: October 22, 2014, 06:54:37 PM »

I've had hiccups since Monday evening apart from an hour or two.

Know any ancient cures that I may not have tried?

Picked this up from the Readers Digest Ralph. Some positive replies although I've never heard of it before.

Try the paper towel trick.

Place a single layer of paper towel over the top of a glass, then drink through the towel. You'll have to "pull" harder with your diaphragm to suck up the water, and concentrated gulping counteracts spasmodic muscle movements.

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25831 on: October 22, 2014, 07:01:09 PM »

Holding nose, fingers in ears creating a seal and taking gulps of water works 100%,of the time. Can be done on own but works better if you have some help to hold glass.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
MelissaChloe

View Profile
« Reply #25832 on: October 22, 2014, 07:04:38 PM »

Try and hiccup a few times without it being a real hiccup.

Works for me  goldstar

Twitter: MelissaChloe_xo
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #25833 on: October 22, 2014, 07:16:48 PM »

Picked this up from the Readers Digest Ralph. Some positive replies although I've never heard of it before.

Try the paper towel trick.

Place a single layer of paper towel over the top of a glass, then drink through the towel. You'll have to "pull" harder with your diaphragm to suck up the water, and concentrated gulping counteracts spasmodic muscle movements.

The hiccups are giving me some welcome respite currently but I'll try that one when they return which they no doubt will. It sounds logical.

Holding nose, fingers in ears creating a seal and taking gulps of water works 100%,of the time. Can be done on own but works better if you have some help to hold glass.

Struggling to get past "holding nose fingers in ears" but appreciate the thought Adam.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #25834 on: October 22, 2014, 07:18:34 PM »

Try and hiccup a few times without it being a real hiccup.

Works for me  goldstar

I just make a variety of different noises, some like Donald Duck if I do that.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25835 on: October 22, 2014, 08:29:04 PM »

Very hot curry.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25836 on: October 22, 2014, 09:08:39 PM »

Talking of Curry's.. Just been to Stow to get a take away. Its the Horsefair tomorrow are you going?

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #25837 on: October 22, 2014, 09:21:20 PM »

I try the old "what did you have for dinner" last night/night before etc etc routine with hiccups, sometimes works on me.

Any chance of a bio from you Mr C?

There's not a lot to tell.    A few years ago I decided I was a bit bored and wanted something a bit more exciting in my life and thought that riding a motorcycle might be fun.  Being a slack arse I did nothing about it for a few years other than talk about it to my mates and watch Sons of Anarchy.   Last year my mate Rich was bought a CBT course for his 40th and it sprung me in to action, there was no way that he was getting all sorted learning to ride before I did - it was my idea!!  Anyway, he took his at the end of August and I booked mine for sometime in September.

Had a blast doing the CBT and decided that I definitely wanted to learn to ride so I booked lessons in but the quickest my local school could see me was starting November.   I only did weekly lessons as they suited me (rather than a weeks intensive course) so I took them over the winter and passed my test this April.  It wasn't really 5 months of lessons, I had most of December off due to one thing and another plus the odd week here and there.   Failed my Mod 1 first time due to booting a cone with my right foot on the  swerve test but passed second time.  No issues at all on the Mod 2 and passed first attempt.

After that I was keen to get a bike asap but didn't have that much cash to hand.  I also know nothing about mechanics so didn't want anything too old.   I spent a weekend bike hunting and somehow ended near Bicester at a Kawasaki, Ducati and Aprilla dealer to look at a second hand Yamaha but thought I'd pop in to the new bike show room and there was the bike I wanted, and they did it on 0% APR.  Faffed about a bit and thought I'd go away and think about it but only made it as far as the car seat before walking back in and putting a deposit down.  Picked it up a few weeks later, in the rain, but had a great time riding home and have loved riding it ever since.    Here she is when I picked her up.   I may get some orange trim for the wheels but I can't decide if it will look cool or tacky.

Click to see full-size image.

I just love riding.  Whenever I ride and get to where I'm going, I always have a smile on my face, it's great getting anywhere.  I take long ways home and when I get home, as it's mainly slow roads, I sometimes pop down the dual carriageway near me for a couple of miles to get a bit of speed up.  I'm not a speed freak, but I love the acceleration - it's great having to stop at certain traffic lights near me because I'll nip to the front and pull away and will be up to 90 70 before you know it.

I've not really been on any proper long rides this year but will be aiming to cover some miles next year.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25838 on: October 22, 2014, 10:16:34 PM »

Talking of Curry's.. Just been to Stow to get a take away. Its the Horsefair tomorrow are you going?

I might do. Just for old times sake.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25839 on: October 22, 2014, 10:20:02 PM »

I try the old "what did you have for dinner" last night/night before etc etc routine with hiccups, sometimes works on me.

Any chance of a bio from you Mr C?

There's not a lot to tell.    A few years ago I decided I was a bit bored and wanted something a bit more exciting in my life and thought that riding a motorcycle might be fun.  Being a slack arse I did nothing about it for a few years other than talk about it to my mates and watch Sons of Anarchy.   Last year my mate Rich was bought a CBT course for his 40th and it sprung me in to action, there was no way that he was getting all sorted learning to ride before I did - it was my idea!!  Anyway, he took his at the end of August and I booked mine for sometime in September.

Had a blast doing the CBT and decided that I definitely wanted to learn to ride so I booked lessons in but the quickest my local school could see me was starting November.   I only did weekly lessons as they suited me (rather than a weeks intensive course) so I took them over the winter and passed my test this April.  It wasn't really 5 months of lessons, I had most of December off due to one thing and another plus the odd week here and there.   Failed my Mod 1 first time due to booting a cone with my right foot on the  swerve test but passed second time.  No issues at all on the Mod 2 and passed first attempt.

After that I was keen to get a bike asap but didn't have that much cash to hand.  I also know nothing about mechanics so didn't want anything too old.   I spent a weekend bike hunting and somehow ended near Bicester at a Kawasaki, Ducati and Aprilla dealer to look at a second hand Yamaha but thought I'd pop in to the new bike show room and there was the bike I wanted, and they did it on 0% APR.  Faffed about a bit and thought I'd go away and think about it but only made it as far as the car seat before walking back in and putting a deposit down.  Picked it up a few weeks later, in the rain, but had a great time riding home and have loved riding it ever since.    Here she is when I picked her up.   I may get some orange trim for the wheels but I can't decide if it will look cool or tacky.

Click to see full-size image.

I just love riding.  Whenever I ride and get to where I'm going, I always have a smile on my face, it's great getting anywhere.  I take long ways home and when I get home, as it's mainly slow roads, I sometimes pop down the dual carriageway near me for a couple of miles to get a bit of speed up.  I'm not a speed freak, but I love the acceleration - it's great having to stop at certain traffic lights near me because I'll nip to the front and pull away and will be up to 90 70 before you know it.

I've not really been on any proper long rides this year but will be aiming to cover some miles next year.

Good bio Mr C. Nice looking bike too. You could get plenty of miles in if you come on the jolly boys outing.

How about a potted life bio to round things off?

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #25840 on: October 22, 2014, 11:22:20 PM »

When's the jolly boys outing?  Are you planning on taking a test Red?   

Potted life bio's not aimed at me is it?  I don't know what it is.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25841 on: October 23, 2014, 09:35:57 AM »

When's the jolly boys outing?  Are you planning on taking a test Red?   

Potted life bio's not aimed at me is it?  I don't know what it is.

Ah, sorry. A few pages ago I asked AlunB to post a short biography. Just sort of cliffs of how he arrived at where he is today.

It's really interesting to find out things like where people were born, where they went to school, what work they do / did, what their interests / ambitions are, where they live now etc. Anything that adds to my mental picture of the person really.

It can be as long or as short as you like. anything from War and Peace to piss off and mind your own business.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #25842 on: October 23, 2014, 10:55:40 AM »

Oh, I'll get back to you!

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25843 on: October 23, 2014, 01:43:09 PM »

You had hiccoughs for more than 24 hours?

Saw this listed on a website as a potential cure

Take a deep breath in, then keep the air inside you while pushing with your muscles as if to force the air out. This is like pushing in childbirth or straining on the toilet.

Yeah can't see how that could go wrong...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 01:44:53 PM by AlunB » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25844 on: October 23, 2014, 02:05:35 PM »

You had hiccoughs for more than 24 hours?

Saw this listed on a website as a potential cure

Take a deep breath in, then keep the air inside you while pushing with your muscles as if to force the air out. This is like pushing in childbirth or straining on the toilet.

Yeah can't see how that could go wrong...

Ha!

At Ralph's age, best not put too much faith in the old sphincters.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 1719 1720 1721 1722 [1723] 1724 1725 1726 1727 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: