blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:33:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1871 1872 1873 1874 [1875] 1876 1877 1878 1879 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587121 times)
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #28110 on: May 24, 2016, 09:39:59 AM »

The XT660R is a great bike according to those in the know Trev. Have you had a go on one yet, what would you use it for,  do you have a bike licence?

Poker? I play a bit online but I think I fall into the rando moron category. I haven't played live for ages. I don't think I could stay awake until 4am these days, also, when you haven't played for a while the money becomes real again and it seems crazy to stump up a wodge just to see what Madam variance will do with it.

That said, I do miss the excitement and the banter. So I might set fire to a couple of hundo for old times sake.

It would be nice to see a few of the old faces.

One of my pals got the XT660R another pal XT500

I sold my SP370 was a brilliant four stroke single pot beast, wish i had kept it now sigh

Had full bike license for nearly 40 years

Thought you would of thrown a few quid at last weeks 50 seat satts was massive value
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28111 on: May 24, 2016, 11:01:11 AM »

Those maxi scooters look pretty damn good.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28112 on: May 24, 2016, 11:06:58 AM »

That scooter thing looks a mean bit of kit.

Can men ride them, too, or are they just for girlies?

For proper motorcyclists, here's a proper bike. Men only, obv.

One of these, pudding bowl helmet, gauntlets, flying jacket & goggles. Now we are motorcycling.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28113 on: May 24, 2016, 11:13:16 AM »

Better still, here's a '61 Bonny.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28114 on: May 24, 2016, 11:17:11 AM »

Those two bikes were a bit like Jack Spratt & his missus.

The Norton handled beautifully, it had a so-called "featherbed" frame, whereas the Triumph Bonny had a much better (& bigger) engine.

So the thing to do was put the Triumph Bonny engine in a Norton frame - these were called "Tritons". Anyone who had a Triton was the envy of all at the Ace Cafe.

This was the ultimate bike of all time.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28115 on: May 24, 2016, 11:41:14 AM »

Can men ride them, too, or are they just for girlies?

Well actually, that's how I came to get mine.

After seeing that one on Morrison's car park I really fancied one but assumed I couldn't afford it, then I was out in Birmingham one day and saw one parked amongst a group of proper bikes that were being offered for sale outside a motorcycle shop.

I walked in and pretended to be interested in one of the other bikes. After a while, I 'noticed' the maxi scooter and nodded towards it.

"WTF is that?"

"Aw, it's one of they Burgman's 400's ay it?" He part sang, part drawled in his lilting Brummy accent. "They love em down South but yow canna sell em in the Midlands, only poofdahs ride em".

"I'm not surprised you can't sell it" I said, strolling over to it with a grimace on my face, "You'd look like a proper twat on that".

"I wonder if it would suit my Mrs though?" I mused, sitting astride it and rocking it from side to side.

"Aw it'd be perfect for yum misssus" he said, rushing into the shop and rushing out again brandishing the keys.

"Here, take her for a spin..."

The older I get, the better I was.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #28116 on: May 24, 2016, 12:53:45 PM »

did you eventually say 'I'd like that for my Missus' and he could have delivered the classic punchline  Wink

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28117 on: May 24, 2016, 01:24:26 PM »

did you eventually say 'I'd like that for my Missus' and he could have delivered the classic punchline  Wink

Throw in one of your daughters too and we've got ourselves a deal?
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #28118 on: May 24, 2016, 07:01:41 PM »

Why are TV chefs such unhygienic types? I mean,

Fat ladies- lots of difficult to wash places.

Hairy bikers- hair, dandruff, grease etc

Gordon Ramsey- spits when he swears. (and he swears all the time)

Jamie Oliver- nuff said.

Why can't we have simple wholesome cooks, like say, oh I don't know.... Susanna Reid?

THANK YOU TOM

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #28119 on: May 24, 2016, 07:15:35 PM »

Rant time.

For the last 15 years I have visited Barwell refuse site once a month to dispose of my household rubbish.

After the first couple of years, they told me that I couldn't use the site any longer unless I applied for a permit.

I applied for and got a permit which had to be renewed every year.

Then they introduced a rule that said a permit only entitled me to make 12 visits.

Now they say that the permit can only be renewed once every 2 years. this means I can no longer go once a month, so I will have to ask the council to supply me with one of those 'too small' bins and I will have to leave it at the end of my drive every week so that the kids can chuck it into the river.

The council will have to send their massive lorry to empty my tiny bin, this means they will either have to cross a 3 ton limit bridge or reverse down a long narrow lane lined with cars.

Why can't they just leave things alone?

I do a quiz every Weds with a good friend of mine who works for S-O-T council. Some of the stories of stupidity and waste make my blood boil.

Recently the council built two new premises and a councilor had concerns about one of them regarding inferior building materials and the work quality. Thousands were spent on various surveys, court action etc. only for it to be passed with a full bill of health. So my friend along with everyone on the same floor were summoned to a meeting regarding the move to their new building. The meeting lasting hours culminated in a few do's and don'ts. Amongst them were, they cannot eat food, including their lunch at their desks. They cannot use the microwave on the second floor. However the microwave on the 4th floor is ok to use. Fecking morons.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28120 on: May 25, 2016, 09:16:58 AM »

I went to London yesterday on my scoo-itter, as my Yorkshire friends call it.

I used Google maps in the 'avoid motorways' setting and went on a beautiful circuitous route that took me via exotic places like Aylesbury, Towcester and Tring.

What a beautiful country we live in.

Before I arrived in London I had visions of myself on't scoo-itter, weaving in and out between the busses and taxis. Squeezing through impossibly small gaps like those dispatch riders do as they slice through the city traffic.

That didn't happen.

For the first half-hour I sat behind a cement lorry, terrified to leave the protective bubble of it's wake as it bulldozed it's way across the city like an icebreaker crossing a frozen ocean.

Eventually I plucked up a little courage and ventured out into the torrent of metal.

I learned a huge amount about filtering through heavy traffic by following a push bike ridden by what looked like a female Russian athlete, working on the principle that if she could fit through, then so could I.

At some point, it became fun. Not haha fun you understand, but OMG I might die at any moment fun, like base jumping, climbing Everest, or kicking Chuck Norris up the arse.

In the way home, on the A43 I think it was, I sailed past about four miles of stationary traffic. Incredibly I even got to see the cause, it was a minor shunt between an old bloke in a Lexus and a mobile chip shop.

What a wonderful day.

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28121 on: May 25, 2016, 10:16:55 AM »

No point in having two wheels and not filtering.

Cymru am byth
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28122 on: May 25, 2016, 10:52:27 AM »

No point in having two wheels and not filtering.

It's scary though.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28123 on: May 25, 2016, 11:51:08 AM »

Surely riding like this will get you killed or punched sooner or later.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28124 on: May 25, 2016, 12:22:19 PM »

Mrs Red allows you to go "dahn sarf" all by yourself ?

Does she not worry about the cockney bints succumbing to the charms of an International lover and world wide playboy ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 1871 1872 1873 1874 [1875] 1876 1877 1878 1879 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: