blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:07:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1908 1909 1910 1911 [1912] 1913 1914 1915 1916 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587807 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28665 on: September 29, 2016, 12:25:17 PM »

I was doing some random reading last night when I stumbled across this suspicious "fact".

Worldwide, more people work for the railway than for any other employer.

The older I get, the better I was.
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #28666 on: September 29, 2016, 01:24:45 PM »

I was doing some random reading last night when I stumbled across this suspicious "fact".

I would think the army was a bit bigger.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28667 on: September 29, 2016, 01:27:03 PM »

I do know that the Indian railway system employs 1.3 milly staff, & the Chinese State Railway over 2 million.

By contrast, Network Rail employ just 30,000, though of course that excludes the TOCs.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28668 on: September 29, 2016, 01:32:04 PM »

Mrs Red and I are flying to Rome today for a long weekend courtesy of the girls who paid for the trip as a belated birthday present for their mother. (very belated as it happens, her birthday was last December) it's also our 39th wedding anniversary on the 1st of October so we might really push the boat out and have a couple of nice steaks and half a bottle of Moet.

Mrs Red hasn't been to Rome before. I have, which if fortunate because this time I'm on crutches having torn my calf muscle while emptying my wheelie bins last Saturday.

I went to A&E at the George Elliot hospital and in Nuneaton. It took 35 minutes from arriving at reception to being dognosed and leaving with pain killers and crutches. How's that for service?

Anyway, we fly this arvo but Mrs R is taking me to the charity shops this morning so that she can re donate some of the crap she's bought there over the years.

Is this stuff actually exciting or am I just excited by mundane stuff?

It kinda depends on age, & where we are in life, I think.

I travelled a fair bit in my mid years, Europe, Africa, USA etc, then when I was big into poker, a dozen or more different countries to play poker. But it'd be airport - hotel - cardroom - hotel - airport, & I never appreciated the local sights & stuff.

Now, we have what we call little adventures, & even a trip to, say, Bournemouth, Guernsey, Nice, Norway or wherever is a big big deal to me. The memories are utterly priceless.

Enjoy Rome, & remember, it took a while to build. Oh, & do as they do, too.  

Happy Anniversary to you & Mrs Red. Have to say, you batted way above your average there - she looks wonderful, considering her age. Fair play to you, too - I always think it rather gallant & chivalrous to marry an older woman.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 03:06:06 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28669 on: September 29, 2016, 07:39:56 PM »

Mrs Red and I are flying to Rome today for a long weekend courtesy of the girls who paid for the trip as a belated birthday present for their mother. (very belated as it happens, her birthday was last December) it's also our 39th wedding anniversary on the 1st of October so we might really push the boat out and have a couple of nice steaks and half a bottle of Moet.

Mrs Red hasn't been to Rome before. I have, which if fortunate because this time I'm on crutches having torn my calf muscle while emptying my wheelie bins last Saturday.

I went to A&E at the George Elliot hospital and in Nuneaton. It took 35 minutes from arriving at reception to being dognosed and leaving with pain killers and crutches. How's that for service?

Anyway, we fly this arvo but Mrs R is taking me to the charity shops this morning so that she can re donate some of the crap she's bought there over the years.

Is this stuff actually exciting or am I just excited by mundane stuff?

It kinda depends on age, & where we are in life, I think.

I travelled a fair bit in my mid years, Europe, Africa, USA etc, then when I was big into poker, a dozen or more different countries to play poker. But it'd be airport - hotel - cardroom - hotel - airport, & I never appreciated the local sights & stuff.

Now, we have what we call little adventures, & even a trip to, say, Bournemouth, Guernsey, Nice, Norway or wherever is a big big deal to me. The memories are utterly priceless.

Enjoy Rome, & remember, it took a while to build. Oh, & do as they do, too.  

Happy Anniversary to you & Mrs Red. Have to say, you batted way above your average there - she looks wonderful, considering her age. Fair play to you, too - I always think it rather gallant & chivalrous to marry an older woman.

Gill must be the most chivalrous person..... IN THE WORLD!

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28670 on: September 29, 2016, 07:41:11 PM »

Just in case anyone's worried, we've landed.

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #28671 on: September 29, 2016, 08:59:19 PM »

Happy anniversary and have a fab time. Please post lot of pics. Preferably of scenery and Mr. Red.  Grin

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #28672 on: September 29, 2016, 09:43:57 PM »

Have a lovely time and Happy Anniversary. Xx

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #28673 on: September 29, 2016, 10:09:20 PM »

Happy anniversary and have a fab time. Please post lot of pics. Preferably of scenery and Mr. Red.  Grin

Edit. Scenery and Mrs. Red.

roshambo

View Profile
« Reply #28674 on: September 30, 2016, 11:43:02 AM »

if your'e looking for a free day out away from the busy town center can highly recommend the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villa_Borghese_gardens

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28675 on: October 02, 2016, 12:23:18 PM »

if your'e looking for a free day out away from the busy town center can highly recommend the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villa_Borghese_gardens

Didn't get time for the this but thanks all the same.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28676 on: October 02, 2016, 12:28:50 PM »

When Italians speak, especially if they are angry or excited, they seem to use their fingers and thumbs to collect the words as they come from their mouths and then, on the last syllable of the sentance, they fling them all at you.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #28677 on: October 02, 2016, 12:50:17 PM »

How did your romantic dinner go, something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzW4PH68KG4

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28678 on: October 04, 2016, 01:33:22 PM »

Had a fabulous time in Rome. The stuff in the Vatican museum and the Basilica is astounding, as are the stories behind it. Those old popes were mean dudes, much like Mafia bosses but not so soft hearted.

I told Mrs Red to choose anything she wanted for our anniversary dinner, so we had bacon cheeseburger and chips followed by ice cream.

Click to see full-size image.

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28679 on: October 04, 2016, 01:50:37 PM »

Didn't realise you took one of the daughters as well Wink

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Pages: 1 ... 1908 1909 1910 1911 [1912] 1913 1914 1915 1916 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: