blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:05:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1910 1911 1912 1913 [1914] 1915 1916 1917 1918 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3600809 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28695 on: October 22, 2016, 11:09:07 AM »

No water. I considered it but can't stand the thought on anything dying a slow death, (except maybe that bloke on the PPI advert)

@ BobblehAt -  How many have I caught so far? None.

They are visiting because the tell tale smear of peanut butter I leave on the churn rim is disappearing. So, they are either not venturing out on the the bottle or they are falling in but then escaping wall of death stylee.

Today I will mark the position of the bottle to see if it has turned.

The older I get, the better I was.
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28696 on: October 22, 2016, 12:22:56 PM »

I think your wire needs to hang lower into the vessel? From the pics I think they will be able to leap to freedom.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28697 on: October 22, 2016, 12:29:48 PM »

I think your wire needs to hang lower into the vessel? From the pics I think they will be able to leap to freedom.

That's interesting, I thought it needed to be higher because they are reluctant to reach down into the abyss.

If the bottle shows signs if being disturbed tomorrow I think your theory will be correct.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #28698 on: October 22, 2016, 12:46:31 PM »

How do they climb up the urn?  If they can climb outside, can't they climb inside?

No idea what to do.  They are pretty good at finding their way home if you don't kill them.  I have one that lives inside my lawnmower.  I have destroyed its nest, launched it over the wall and it just comes back and rebuilds.  Need a new shed without massive holes that a cat could get through, never mind a mouse, obv.

Don't start me on sqirrels.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28699 on: October 22, 2016, 12:53:02 PM »

How do they climb up the urn?  If they can climb outside, can't they climb inside?

No idea what to do.  They are pretty good at finding their way home if you don't kill them.  I have one that lives inside my lawnmower.  I have destroyed its nest, launched it over the wall and it just comes back and rebuilds.  Need a new shed without massive holes that a cat could get through, never mind a mouse, obv.

Why, what is it with u and squirrels?

The churn is standing next to an easy climbable box and I have an old towel bridging the gap to the rim.

PS- I've never noticed the urn in churn before.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #28700 on: October 22, 2016, 01:06:27 PM »

The churn is standing next to an easy climbable box and I have an old towel bridging the gap to the rim.

I know it is a milk churn.  Think it is not a good sign describing it as an urn.

Squirrels pretty much eat anything I plant, and they are pretty shrewd at breaking through the defences.  I am getting better with netting now though.  Still would be happier if they stuck to looking cute and bouncing along the walls to keep my kids happy.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #28701 on: October 22, 2016, 01:09:28 PM »

You should try pitching your mousetrap in Dragon's Den mate, think you might get a couple of offers.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28702 on: October 22, 2016, 01:16:46 PM »

I know it is a milk churn.  Think it is not a good sign describing it as an urn.

Squirrels pretty much eat anything I plant, and they are pretty shrewd at breaking through the defences.  I am getting better with netting now though.  Still would be happier if they stuck to looking cute and bouncing along the walls to keep my kids happy.

Have you tried one of these? I think the kids would like it too. Its win win. (Unless you're a squirrel)

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28703 on: October 22, 2016, 01:26:14 PM »

Have you tried one of these? I think the kids would like it too. Its win win. (Unless you're a squirrel)

In future, when you upload a Video with loud, shite music, please post a warning.

That's an outrageous infringement of my peace & quiet.

I hope I make myself clear.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28704 on: October 22, 2016, 01:28:25 PM »

How do they climb up the urn?  If they can climb outside, can't they climb inside?

No idea what to do.  They are pretty good at finding their way home if you don't kill them.  I have one that lives inside my lawnmower.  I have destroyed its nest, launched it over the wall and it just comes back and rebuilds.  Need a new shed without massive holes that a cat could get through, never mind a mouse, obv.

Same as you & moles.

The pair of you need to be a little more tolerant of God's wonderful creatures, be they mice, squirrels or moles. You'd not treat a dog, cat or a horse in such a way, why the discrimination?

How are the moles, anyway? Still living happily in the bit of land they try to call home?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #28705 on: October 22, 2016, 01:31:42 PM »

How do they climb up the urn?  If they can climb outside, can't they climb inside?

No idea what to do.  They are pretty good at finding their way home if you don't kill them.  I have one that lives inside my lawnmower.  I have destroyed its nest, launched it over the wall and it just comes back and rebuilds.  Need a new shed without massive holes that a cat could get through, never mind a mouse, obv.

Same as you & moles.

The pair of you need to be a little more tolerant of God's wonderful creatures, be they mice, squirrels or moles. You'd not treat a dog, cat or a horse in such a way, why the discrimination?

How are the moles, anyway? Still living happily in the bit of land they try to call home?

I have seen the squirrel launcher before.  God's wonderful creature would dust himself down, come back and crack open another apple.  Absolutely no doubt in my mind. 

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28706 on: October 22, 2016, 01:34:56 PM »

In future, when you upload a Video with loud, shite music, please post a warning.

Sorry.

The default volume setting on my lappy is 'Mute'. That way, only sound with an invite gets into my ears.

I thought an old curmudgeon like you would have adopted that unwanted noise filtration method years ago.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28707 on: October 22, 2016, 01:41:49 PM »

Sorry.

The default volume setting on my lappy is 'Mute'. That way, only sound with an invite gets into my ears.

I thought an old curmudgeon like you would have adopted that unwanted noise filtration method years ago.

What a spiffing dodge that is. You are not as daft as you look.

I'm thinking of buying a set of those noise reduction headphone things. Everywhere I go, frigging background music, even during decent nature programmes on TV. Go Online, & it's all these aural alerts, bings, bongs, squawks, bells & so on. Gets right on my tits.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28708 on: October 22, 2016, 01:49:54 PM »

Same as you & moles.

I have told the moles that they are welcome to live here. All I ask in return is that they show a little consideration but no, two acres of empty field isn't good enough for them

PS- I take your point about how I treat the other animals, but I've never had a horse that digs a burrow under the door mat of my caravan.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28709 on: October 22, 2016, 02:03:05 PM »

Every time one of the kids/grandkids come in, (which adds up to about 100 times a day) they slam the door.
I've asked them not to do it a thousand times but they have the attention span of a goldfish, so I came up with this nifty idea.

When you close the door, the bottle gets trapped in the crack you have to push it out of the way with you finger and close the door carefully, withdrawing your finger slowly as the gap gets smaller. Once the gap is too small for the bottle you can remove your finger altogether and close the door the last inch.

It's driving them crazy but it works like a charm.

Click to see full-size image.

Pages: 1 ... 1910 1911 1912 1913 [1914] 1915 1916 1917 1918 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: