blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:56:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1926 1927 1928 1929 [1930] 1931 1932 1933 1934 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587125 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28935 on: April 19, 2017, 10:46:46 AM »

^^^^

Next case.

PS - We are the same as you with regard to travelling. Each journey - even if it is just a tube ride - is a little "adventure". Love it to bits.

PPS - You have a COUGH? Serves you right for smoking all those years. No sympathy from me. Can't be doing with them smokers.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28936 on: April 19, 2017, 10:51:23 AM »

Have a great trip Thomas.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28937 on: April 19, 2017, 10:56:51 AM »

Thanks Boo.

If only we knew someone in Malta that could help us out with a little local knowledge... 

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28938 on: April 19, 2017, 10:57:11 AM »

has he gone yet?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28939 on: April 19, 2017, 02:58:11 PM »

Thanks Boo.

If only we knew someone in Malta that could help us out with a little local knowledge... 

If only Smiley

Enjoy. Hope you like it.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #28940 on: April 19, 2017, 06:18:36 PM »

We're off to Malta today for a week's R&R.

God, I love travelling. I'm fat and I have a cough but I sashay through the airport feeling like I'm thin and well.

I complain to a manager at WH Smiths on behalf of the lone staff member who is stressed out and run off her feet. It won't do any good but it makes us both feel better.

There is a queue for the gents so I use the disabled one. The toilet roll is heavily perforated so that it tears too easily meaning I can only ever get one sheet before having to fiddle about feeling for the trailing end of the roll inside the dispenser. This is what it must feel like to be a robot's gynecologist.

As per usual when we travel, I have a luggage malfunction. Mrs Red laughs at me. Why is it always my bag?

God though, I do love travelling.

Click to see full-size image.

This is you Tom.  Grin Grin Grin

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #28941 on: May 01, 2017, 08:04:20 PM »

Hi Tom. This was in our local paper, thought it might interest you.

http://m.stokesentinel.co.uk/funeral-of-the-last-of-a-famous-romany-family-is-set-to-bring-stoke-on-trent-to-a-standstill/story-30301218-detail/story.html

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28942 on: May 03, 2017, 08:20:11 AM »

Was watching this-Chas & Dave: Last Orders: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01nkdsv via @bbciplayer
Dave's Grandparents were Travellers and he restores the traditional caravans. (About the 46 minute mark for that although you might enjoy the whole thing)

Cymru am byth
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28943 on: May 03, 2017, 10:02:39 AM »

Cheers Kev. I was aware of this of course, as was the rest of the Gypsy community, but it's interesting to see that it made the mainstream news. (although I wish they would use an upper case G for Gypsy and give over with the "Head of the Gypsies" crap.)

RIP Lawrence.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28944 on: May 03, 2017, 10:05:08 AM »

Was watching this-Chas & Dave: Last Orders: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01nkdsv via @bbciplayer
Dave's Grandparents were Travellers and he restores the traditional caravans. (About the 46 minute mark for that although you might enjoy the whole thing)

Yes, Dave often joins us for a drink and a sing song at the Bell in during Stow fair.

He has always been proud of his heritage.

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28945 on: May 03, 2017, 12:07:36 PM »

Yes, Dave often joins us for a drink and a sing song at the Bell in during Stow fair.

Cool. Traditional Gypsy songs,Chas n Dave stuff or both?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 12:10:58 PM by Mohican » Logged

Cymru am byth
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28946 on: May 03, 2017, 08:12:36 PM »

Just general, what ever anyone fancies singing type stuff, probably with a bit of a country and western/folksy type bias.
Dave doesn't usually do a turn, too much of a busman's holiday I suppose.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #28947 on: May 03, 2017, 08:16:22 PM »

Just general, what ever anyone fancies singing type stuff, probably with a bit of a country and western/folksy type bias.

Did you not mention that Manitas de Plata once tried to play your guitar?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28948 on: May 03, 2017, 11:20:22 PM »

Did you not mention that Manitas de Plata once tried to play your guitar?

Do you ever forget anything Ralph?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28949 on: May 06, 2017, 07:28:42 PM »

Sigh....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39830447

Pages: 1 ... 1926 1927 1928 1929 [1930] 1931 1932 1933 1934 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: