blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:25:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1956 1957 1958 1959 [1960] 1961 1962 1963 1964 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3608871 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29385 on: March 07, 2018, 10:37:10 AM »

A cob should be cut all the way through so that the filling can be seen from all angles.

Click to see full-size image.

Bacon overdone. No sausage. No ketchup. Seems to be a hole in the top of the cob.

4/10

Bacon perfect. GTFO with that ketchup shite.  7/10

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #29386 on: March 07, 2018, 10:38:32 AM »

Diet going well then Tom, right?

The diet Tone, sigh.....

I've got to accept that dieting doesn't work for me.

I can go on a diet, and I can lose weight, I've done it loads of times over the years but sooner or later, I just put it back on again.

For my most recent effort to I started at almost 15 stone, quickly got down to below 14 stone and then, as per, the wheels came off.

So, I'm giving up calorie count type dieting. I'm sick of the yoyo effect and it can't be good for me. I need to come at this from a totally different angle.

The exercise thing is no problem I can keep that up indefinitely, I've been taking regular exercise in one form or another for years. It's just the eating I have to get a handle on.

I need to change my attitude to bad food like I did with cigarettes and stop thinking I'm depriving myself of something good.

All suggestions welcome BTW.

That would be the blind leading the blind, Tom.

By a piece of spooky timing, I had an appointment with my dietician yesterday, as part of my rehab programme. WTF is the world coming to when I need a "dietician"?

Anyway, when time permits, I'll pass on the advice she gave me as to this non-stop yoyo weight gain & loss.

Or, we could ignore her, & just be sensible. Because, really, that's what she advocated. Stop eating to excess, practice moderation in all things & you'll be fitter & healthier.  

Get away. Who'd have thought?

It reminded me of, as far as I can recall, my only visit to a GP in 50 years of adulthood, until of course last year.

I was around 30 & suffering from repeated & debilitating migraines. Really, they were THE most terrible experiences. Sickness, severe pain, having to lay in a darkened room as the glare of daylight was so painful.  Never had a day's sick leave or been to a quack, so I poll up to the Doctor & explain the symptoms, thinking he would examine the problem with some care, as I was ultra low-maintenance in the illness & visiting GP surgeries department.

He says "do you worry a lot?"

"Yes" I reply.

"Well there's the problem. Stop worrying & you'll be fine"

I was so disgusted with his stupid advice I snap stood up & walked out.

I mean yes, it's common sense, just as avoiding a yoyo weight profile is common sense.

It's not that easy though, is it? If we worry, we worry, we can't ever stop ourselves can we? It's how we, as individuals, are made.

but did it cure the migraines?

Ah! The element of surprise
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #29387 on: March 07, 2018, 10:42:48 AM »

Diets diets diets that’s all I hear from the Mrs me Mum n dad n now the doctor so I’m trying to drop down from 22 stone n some loose change 12 lbs of loose change I might add !
But I’m big boned
I’m always hungry
I like my food
None of the above worked
So it’s plain food n less of it for the last 4 weeks n the foreseeable future
I was a bit gutted j hadn’t lost 5 stone after 10 days so went to the cafe in the village for egg bacon chips n mushrooms:)
It’s 1-2 crumpets with peanut butter on AM
Tin of Soup with 2-3 ryvita at 1 pm
Chicken or fish n jacket potato with beans for dinner / tea depending how posh u are
4-5 pints Sunday lunch time only !
Nothing much happening yet !
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29388 on: March 07, 2018, 10:46:35 AM »

Diet going well then Tom, right?

The diet Tone, sigh.....

I've got to accept that dieting doesn't work for me.

I can go on a diet, and I can lose weight, I've done it loads of times over the years but sooner or later, I just put it back on again.

For my most recent effort to I started at almost 15 stone, quickly got down to below 14 stone and then, as per, the wheels came off.

So, I'm giving up calorie count type dieting. I'm sick of the yoyo effect and it can't be good for me. I need to come at this from a totally different angle.

The exercise thing is no problem I can keep that up indefinitely, I've been taking regular exercise in one form or another for years. It's just the eating I have to get a handle on.

I need to change my attitude to bad food like I did with cigarettes and stop thinking I'm depriving myself of something good.

All suggestions welcome BTW.

That would be the blind leading the blind, Tom.

By a piece of spooky timing, I had an appointment with my dietician yesterday, as part of my rehab programme. WTF is the world coming to when I need a "dietician"?

Anyway, when time permits, I'll pass on the advice she gave me as to this non-stop yoyo weight gain & loss.

Or, we could ignore her, & just be sensible. Because, really, that's what she advocated. Stop eating to excess, practice moderation in all things & you'll be fitter & healthier.  

Get away. Who'd have thought?

It reminded me of, as far as I can recall, my only visit to a GP in 50 years of adulthood, until of course last year.

I was around 30 & suffering from repeated & debilitating migraines. Really, they were THE most terrible experiences. Sickness, severe pain, having to lay in a darkened room as the glare of daylight was so painful.  Never had a day's sick leave or been to a quack, so I poll up to the Doctor & explain the symptoms, thinking he would examine the problem with some care, as I was ultra low-maintenance in the illness & visiting GP surgeries department.

He says "do you worry a lot?"

"Yes" I reply.

"Well there's the problem. Stop worrying & you'll be fine"

I was so disgusted with his stupid advice I snap stood up & walked out.

I mean yes, it's common sense, just as avoiding a yoyo weight profile is common sense.

It's not that easy though, is it? If we worry, we worry, we can't ever stop ourselves can we? It's how we, as individuals, are made.

but did it cure the migraines?

No, as I was worrying about what the Doctor had said.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #29389 on: March 07, 2018, 10:49:37 AM »

The using of core plugs to allow water to escape if it freezes is an after thought really, the holes they fill are there/necessary from  the casting process of the block/head.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #29390 on: March 07, 2018, 10:53:10 AM »

Ok cheers I didn’t  know that
Are they in modern blocks ?
I haven’t heard the expression for years
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29391 on: March 07, 2018, 10:56:02 AM »

A cob should be cut all the way through so that the filling can be seen from all angles.

Click to see full-size image.

Bacon overdone. No sausage. No ketchup. Seems to be a hole in the top of the cob.

4/10

Sorry Mr T, you're wrong here. I know some things are subjective, like best film, fave song etc, but bacon should be well done. End of.

Ideally, unlike the example I posted, it should have some crispy rind on it too.

Steak on the other hand should not be cooked past the point where a good veterinarian couldn't save it.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29392 on: March 07, 2018, 11:17:16 AM »

The trouble is, I can eat apples, tuna, grated carrot, boiled rice etc in moderation, I just can't do it with pies or sausage egg and chips.

I need to change the way I eat all together.

My youngest daughter usually comes home from work just as were sitting down to dinner, let's say it's beef stew or fish and chips or maybe lamb chops with mash and veg, she will look at it and say, "Nah... I'll do myself something"

Half an hour later, when we've finished eating she will waltz in with something like spicey chicken with roasted sweet potatoes and halumi, or falafel with orange and quinoa rice.

I know it sound all poncey and foreign, but she buys it in Lidl for pennies, it takes minutes to prepare and it's fookin delicious.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29393 on: March 07, 2018, 11:27:32 AM »

I think this Russian spy/nerve gas story is huge.

Imagine hit men rocking up in suberba and bumping someone off in public with a substance so dangerous that I daren't even google it in case I trigger an anti-terrorist alert.

I mean, we can't allow it, but we can't do much about it.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29394 on: March 07, 2018, 11:38:08 AM »

The using of core plugs to allow water to escape if it freezes is an after thought really, the holes they fill are there/necessary from  the casting process of the block/head.

I didn't know that either Ade.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29395 on: March 07, 2018, 11:39:09 AM »

The trouble is, I can eat apples, tuna, grated carrot, boiled rice etc in moderation, I just can't do it with pies or sausage egg and chips.

My youngest daughter usually comes home from work just as were sitting down to dinner, let's say it's beef stew or fish and chips or maybe lamb chops with mash and veg, she will look at it and say, "Nah... I'll do myself something"

Half an hour later, when we've finished eating she will waltz in with something like spicey chicken with roasted sweet potatoes and halumi, or falafel with orange and quinoa rice.

I know it sound all poncey and foreign, but she buys it in Lidl for pennies, it takes minutes to prepare and it's fookin delicious.

You see, that's the problem with your youngest daughter - she does sensible.

Am struggling to decide from whom she inherited that, to be honest.  

If I had to find a single adjective to describe Mrs Red or you, "sensible" would not be in the frame.

My first attempt at one word to describe each of you?

Tom - Stubborn.

Mrs Red - Talksalot.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29396 on: March 07, 2018, 01:06:59 PM »

I am not stubborn and I refuse to even contemplate such a notion.

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29397 on: March 07, 2018, 01:32:27 PM »

Was going to write something along those lines. Dieting, whilst addressing your weight problem, doesn't address why you bulked up in the first place. So, when the diet finishes, you go back to old eating habits and bulk up. I've lost nearly 1 1/2 stone since August and whilst part of it is because I've trained harder in the gym, it's the  change in my diet that has had the biggest effect. So even when I don't train, I'm still eating healthy.
Cliffs, eat healthier, exercise more. The weight loss may be slower but it's likely to stay off.

Cymru am byth
roshambo

View Profile
« Reply #29398 on: March 07, 2018, 03:51:07 PM »

have a look at the ATKINS DIET - LOW CARB..... all the meat , eggs and cheese you can eat.

Bacon for breakie

steak and egg for lunch

Easiest diet ive been on and lost over 3 stone in process (knocking 20 when started) and the easiest one ive found to stick too.

Hardest bit is to stick to Gin N tonic rather than a pint
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29399 on: March 08, 2018, 08:50:43 AM »

have a look at the ATKINS DIET - LOW CARB..... all the meat , eggs and cheese you can eat.

Bacon for breakie

steak and egg for lunch

Easiest diet ive been on and lost over 3 stone in process (knocking 20 when started) and the easiest one ive found to stick too.

Hardest bit is to stick to Gin N tonic rather than a pint

Thanks Mr Shambo, but I don't really have trouble losing weight, it's just that I keep putting it back on.

I can't very well live on meat, eggs and cheese for the rest of my life can I?

Well I could, but the rest of my life is probably short enough already. Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 1956 1957 1958 1959 [1960] 1961 1962 1963 1964 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: