blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:24:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2131 2132 2133 2134 [2135] 2136 2137 2138 2139 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587572 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32010 on: November 30, 2019, 09:24:28 AM »

Things that broke today.

Camper door handle snapped off in the frost.

I'm betting this won't be a fun repair.

Click to see full-size image.

Replacement door handle from Fiat £109.

Pattern replacement door handle from eBay £12.49.

What to do what to do....

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32011 on: November 30, 2019, 12:24:15 PM »

If you can't stand the heat....

The central heating in my caravan runs off a gas combi-boiler.

Because the boilers they use for these caravans is the same as you would use in 2/3 bedroom house it's well on top of the job and easily heats my little place.

However....

There are only two small single radiators in my living room and plenty of room for a third, bigger rad should I so desire.

My question is, although I currently have absolutely no problem heating the room to what ever temperature I like, would it be more economical to heat if I fit another radiator?

Warm regards
Tom.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #32012 on: November 30, 2019, 01:13:27 PM »

If you can't stand the heat....

The central heating in my caravan runs off a gas combi-boiler.

Because the boilers they use for these caravans is the same as you would use in 2/3 bedroom house it's well on top of the job and easily heats my little place.

However....

There are only two small single radiators in my living room and plenty of room for a third, bigger rad should I so desire.

My question is, although I currently have absolutely no problem heating the room to what ever temperature I like, would it be more economical to heat if I fit another radiator?

Warm regards
Tom.

I tend to believe if it aint broke don't fix it.

Reading this https://www.boilerguide.co.uk/articles/radiator-sizing-guide they seem to think all you'll do is overheat the room. I'd have thought that you'd mess up the heating system balance, as the living room heats up too quick, depending on where the thermostat is you'll either have it switch off the heating, leaving bedrooms cold, or keep heating making living room too hot. Thermostatic radiator valves would help a bit but I reckon it would just cause problems.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32013 on: November 30, 2019, 01:18:24 PM »

I have thermostatic radiator valves on all the rads Rod.

I'm interesting in finding out because I use bottled gas and it's expensive.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32014 on: November 30, 2019, 01:21:00 PM »

Teqball? OMG! Why haven't I seen this before?

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #32015 on: November 30, 2019, 01:40:08 PM »

That makes it a harder question. I guess you're thinking get the living room to heat quickly and then the trv's throttle those rads back? I'd have thought that would just leave the hot water going round the other rooms until the main thermostat switches the system off, so wouldn't reduce the boiler run time much unless the thermostat's in the living room, which is us back to colder bedrooms again. I think that would still cause the living room to overheat as the higher output rad would still be full of hot water when the trv goes off, and it overshoots the target temp.

Reading that the boiler is most efficient with heating water temp at 55, I'd guess that having all rooms reach target heat at the same time so having the boiler run as short a time as possible would be the most efficient, providing they reached target quickly enough at 55.

I have the Hive system fitted and find it very useful, allowing me to have finer control of the heating and to turn it down when out (remotely if I forget while leaving the house) and switch it on again when on my way home. You can even set it to switch off and on according to distance from home. My bills dropped after I got that fitted.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32016 on: November 30, 2019, 02:07:37 PM »

Even with the thermostatic valves open the bedrooms are naturally a little cooler than the living room because they are further from the boiler, which is how we like it.

The main thermostat is in the living room.

All I want to know really is will an extra radiator heat the living room more efficiently?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32017 on: December 02, 2019, 01:52:04 PM »

I don't like stranger coming down to the place and I hate waiting around for deliveries.

But...

Click & Collect.

Boom!

What a great idea. Why didn't one of youse tell e about it?

Problem solved.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #32018 on: December 02, 2019, 02:58:25 PM »

Someone pinched appropriated my Jabra at work and needed another one PDQ for meetings that week. I'm on client site so getting stuff delivered to reception is hit or miss so used Amazon's click and collect to have it left in a Amazon locker at the petrol station 100 yards away. Evidently each block of lockers is given a different name, this one was Bodie.

Not sure if sliding across the bonnet on my arse to collect the parcel was mandatory but it brightened up my Tuesday.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32019 on: December 02, 2019, 03:01:35 PM »

Someone pinched appropriated my Jabra at work and needed another one PDQ for meetings that week. I'm on client site so getting stuff delivered to reception is hit or miss so used Amazon's click and collect to have it left in a Amazon locker at the petrol station 100 yards away. Evidently each block of lockers is given a different name, this one was Bodie.

Not sure if sliding across the bonnet on my arse to collect the parcel was mandatory but it brightened up my Tuesday.

That image made me laugh more than it should.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32020 on: December 02, 2019, 03:08:31 PM »

Had do look Jabra up BTW. I thought it was something a compliant Fräulein might wear.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #32021 on: December 02, 2019, 03:23:10 PM »

Had do look Jabra up BTW. I thought it was something a compliant Fräulein might wear.

For those of us whose working day revolves around a Jabra, this is so true it hurts and is the funniest video ever made. Fot everyone else it's

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #32022 on: December 02, 2019, 04:47:38 PM »

For those of us whose working day revolves around a Jabra, this is so true it hurts and is the funniest video ever made. Fot everyone else it's

I plead guilty to taking while muted, dog barking, and one spectacular team meeting, not muting while doing the dishes...

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #32023 on: December 02, 2019, 09:08:41 PM »

That's pretty funny and well observed

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32024 on: December 03, 2019, 12:57:11 PM »

Cliche television. 

Just saw a gunfight in a cornfield. Every bullet fired went peeeowwww!

Pages: 1 ... 2131 2132 2133 2134 [2135] 2136 2137 2138 2139 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: