blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:58:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272576 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 621268 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3090 on: August 19, 2015, 02:24:06 PM »

Watched 'A Few Good Men' again last night, and it's still great.

I have Blade Runner The final Cut lined up for tonight... havent seen it for ages..really looking forward to it..abs class film

Most films that come out nowadays look so terrible, I'm always watching old classics.

Got Layer Cake, The Usual Suspects, The Business, and The Football Factory all ready to go.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: September 03, 2015, 08:52:32 PM »

The Bad Education Movie

WALOFS. If you like Mountain Goats you'll like this. Always thought Jack Whitehall was ok too.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: September 10, 2015, 07:48:58 AM »

Don't see the need for another Krays film, compared to say the Mexican cartels they were a couple of choir boys, but love their marketing

http://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2015/sep/09/legend-review-movie-marketing-false-advertising
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: September 11, 2015, 12:28:19 PM »

I watched Legend yesterday.
Tom Hardy is sort of brilliant, but too much so. Reg is too charming (because Hardy plays it charming and pulls it off) and Ron is too mental (because Hardy plays it that way and pulls it off)
A lot of the supporting cast were ok too, but the choice of narrator was very odd, especially later on. I've heard it criticised for being too brightly lit, but I hate it when they make films like this overly gloomy. I thought visually it was alright.

In terms of the detail of the Krays story, there's just not much detail to it. Sort of relies on you already knowing the story before you go in.

Overall, I just left feeling a bit 'meh' about it.
6/10

I'm not a big Bond fan, but I'm actually quite looking forward to Hardy as 007. Except for the East End accent, when he was swanning about in his tux as Reggie in this, it looked like he was already practicing for the role.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: September 13, 2015, 09:36:47 PM »

The Visit.

Boom! One of the films of the year.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3095 on: September 14, 2015, 10:02:54 AM »

Tom Hardy is sort of brilliant, but too much so. Reg is too charming (because Hardy plays it charming and pulls it off) and Ron is too mental (because Hardy plays it that way and pulls it off)
A lot of the supporting cast were ok too, but the choice of narrator was very odd, especially later on. I've heard it criticised for being too brightly lit, but I hate it when they make films like this overly gloomy. I thought visually it was alright.

In terms of the detail of the Krays story, there's just not much detail to it. Sort of relies on you already knowing the story before you go in.

6/10

I'm not a big Bond fan, but I'm actually quite looking forward to Hardy as 007. Except for the East End accent, when he was swanning about in his tux as Reggie in this, it looked like he was already practicing for the role.

Yeah all this really.

If you liked the Kemp brothers Krays, it's basically the same story, just with better, if not slightly OTT performances. It is a much better and more interesting exploration of Ron though.

Enjoyed it a lot, very funny at times, but has its flaws.
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: September 16, 2015, 11:28:09 PM »

In terms of the detail of the Krays story, there's just not much detail to it. Sort of relies on you already knowing the story before you go in.r

6/10

Yeah all this really.

If you liked the Kemp brothers Krays, it's basically the same story, just with better, if not slightly OTT performances. It is a much better and more interesting exploration of Ron though.

Enjoyed it a lot, very funny at times, but has its flaws.

I have to ask, did either of you find the score irritating or was that just me?

As you have both said, the whole movie was quite OTT and just complete comedy in some parts, especially the fight scenes which was not at all what I expected, but I enjoyed it apart from every time it did try to get a little more serious some twerp piped up with his overly loud trumpet, sometimes even drowning out Tom Hardy's mumblings.

Thought the cast were great by the way, that Taron Egerton kid from Kingsmen will be one to watch in the future especially.

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: September 16, 2015, 11:41:59 PM »

While I'm on, does anyone else find that when watching the trailers there's always loads of stuff that looks great and you sit thinking I'll watch that, and that, but when you next fancy a trip to the pictures there's never anything good on?

I'm fancying Everest and Black mass from last nights tempters, and I'm super excited about Macbeth, fingers crossed I actually remember to go and see them and not turn up when theres nothing but horrors and rom coms on like I usually do.

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: September 24, 2015, 12:05:15 PM »

who on earth thought there was a need for this film

SURVIVOR: The Destiny's Child Story, dir. Roland Emmerich (coming in 2016)

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3099 on: September 24, 2015, 12:26:30 PM »

Is that Atomic Kitten ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: September 24, 2015, 12:36:08 PM »

just shows what i know

destinys child must be the beyonce thing. i suppose a beyonce hagiography is slightly more understandable

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: September 24, 2015, 01:42:39 PM »

just shows what i know

destinys child must be the beyonce thing. i suppose a beyonce hagiography is slightly more understandable

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: September 24, 2015, 03:14:10 PM »

Well there is three of them Smiley

Tighty down with Kidz

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: September 25, 2015, 01:17:21 AM »

Saw this earlier...

...and then thought I really must watch this again.

Ah! The element of surprise
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: September 25, 2015, 08:13:42 AM »

just shows what i know

Beautiful word, hagiography.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: