blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:28:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Thanet: Day 1B
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Thanet: Day 1B  (Read 43588 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2008, 11:37:48 PM »

Andrew Teng raises to 2.2k from midposition. James Browning raises 6.6k from the button. Andrew Teng raises to all-in.

James Browning pulls a face. Andrew Teng sits there. James Browning takes a sip of water. Andrew Teng doesn't move. James Browning sighs and stands up. James Browning looks away for a few moments and Andrew Teng quickly whips out a ukulele and plays a 10 second riff before returning to his static motion just as James Browning begins to look at him again*. James Browning sits down and gives Andrew Teng a hard stare.

James Browning passes his cards.

*Picture of this unavailable.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2008, 11:38:21 PM »

Dewi Pint Count anyone?

TheHotel

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2008, 11:39:32 PM »

Meanwhile, returning to the fascinating question of where (or what) is Thanet.....
people of a certain age will remember Ian Drury being less than polite about it in song. Let's have a chorus while we're waiting for some action on the tables.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2008, 11:41:22 PM »

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 17, 2008, 11:41:54 PM »

Joining the action at Table Praz, he's contemplating a reraise from Tony Hardy (Seat 9) who has made it 4,200 more than Praz's initial raise (which I'm guessing was around 2k). Praz thinks for about a minute before announcing all-in, instantly making his opponent look pained with around 20k back and Praz having him covered.

Hardy says, "I've only passed this hand three times in my life and every time I've been right." Within 10 seconds he's folded Kings face up and to make matters worse, Praz turns over !

Hardy puts a brave face on it, but you suspect his true feelings have been psychically transferred across to the player in seat 1 instead...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 17, 2008, 11:43:34 PM »

It's good but it's not quite right...Try again! What is Mr Chips up to?

J8OFFSUIT
J8OFFSUIT

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 17, 2008, 11:46:05 PM »

thanks for the updates... any chance you could pop and see how stu rutter is doing?

darn...i think i may have been the sucker at the table
TheHotel

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 17, 2008, 11:51:23 PM »

thanks for the updates... any chance you could pop and see how stu rutter is doing?

11k   half an hour ago, if that helps    : )

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2008, 12:10:51 AM »

Joining the action at Table Praz, he's contemplating a reraise from Tony Hardy (Seat 9) who has made it 4,200 more than Praz's initial raise (which I'm guessing was around 2k). Praz thinks for about a minute before announcing all-in, instantly making his opponent look pained with around 20k back and Praz having him covered.

Hardy says, "I've only passed this hand three times in my life and every time I've been right." Within 10 seconds he's folded Kings face up and to make matters worse, Praz turns over !

Hardy puts a brave face on it, but you suspect his true feelings have been psychically transferred across to the player in seat 1 instead...

yuck
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2008, 12:12:56 AM »

He's being a spawny bugger. He just raised preflop UTG with 7-6 sooted and was forced to call a short-stack's all-in, the short stack holding Q-Q.

K-J-2-6-6

He's gone from 3,200 to around 17,000 now.

P Tevdore bets 4k with about 8k behind on a 2-4-Q-5 board, Sunny Chattha sets him for the rest and the Georgian (yes, you read that correctly) folds for the rest. Chattha shows .

Players are on a short break before the last level.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2008, 12:13:59 AM »

Sunny days for Sunny Chattha as he doubles through Kai Paulsen.

Paulsen made it 2.8k from the cutoff only for Sunny to make it 7.2k from the small blind. Paulsen asked for a count on Sunny's remaining chips - around 15k - before announcing all in. Insta-call, as you do when you have Aces.

Sunny:
Kai:

Board:

Phew:

Click to see full-size image.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2008, 12:15:56 AM »

The Rutter open-shoved preflop, and an also-shortstacked Jon Omara in the big blind equired, "Do you wanna gamble?" Replied the Rutter: "Errr... Yes."

There followed a short argument concerning what hands they might both have, but it was agreed that Stuart wanted a call. Fold.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2008, 12:17:48 AM »

Photo Of Mike Ellis That I Wanted To Post With An Earlier Hand Involving Him And Ticketless Man, But I Thought My Laptop Had Eaten It And Now I Can't Be Bothered Putting It On The Other Post:

I hope you can at least respect my honesty.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2008, 12:20:41 AM »

James Browning, having managed to tear his eyes away from Page 3 of The Sun for a moment, raised to 3.2k, only for Praz Bansi to make it 8.2k. Browning promptly announced all in - a chunky 21,575 on top of Praz' reraise. Praz dwelled up in some turmoil. "Terrible slowroll if you've got Aces," commented Browning, but Praz folded, and now rests on around 25k.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2008, 12:23:24 AM »

A tableau of common GUKPT table paraphernalia. Or is it? Spot the odd one out:

Here's a clue:

Anyone care to suggest why a tub of baby wipes might be required in the card room? Keep it clean... As it were...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: