blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:10:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Murray BEATS Federer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Murray BEATS Federer  (Read 6655 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2008, 03:36:10 PM »

is that now 4-2 to murray this year? superb stuff

4-2 lifetime record, 3-1 to Murray this year.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2008, 03:38:11 PM »

Just watched the last 5 mins, great stuff.  

Fantastic for British tennis Wink

QFT

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2008, 03:43:23 PM »

federa's gone, it's not a real result, he hasn't recovered from Wimbledon plus he had an injury here
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2008, 03:51:09 PM »

great scottish hope

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Longy
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2008, 03:55:26 PM »

federa's gone, it's not a real result, he hasn't recovered from Wimbledon plus he had an injury here

You may well be right about Federer, he is certainly in decline. The problem you have here Bolt, as i know you aren't Murray's biggest fan, that Murray may well be the best player in the world on hardcourts at the moment. 2 of the 4 slams are on hardcourts, you may be in for some misery in the next few years.

Remember Murray didn't have to win this game, but he did all the same.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2008, 04:00:09 PM »

But he's on for another $1m bonus for winning them all, so there was plenty of incentive to win.

Longy
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2008, 04:03:07 PM »

But he's on for another $1m bonus for winning them all, so there was plenty of incentive to win.

Yeah i understand that and i am sure $1mill is going to be pretty sweet for him. Murray is going to win enough this year and in future years for 1m to be pretty much irrelevant. Already made 3 mill this year from prizes, god know how much he gets paid in endorsements.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2008, 04:10:52 PM »

It was only a couple of years ago he had to get the LTA to get Gilbert as a coach because he couldn't afford it, I doubt he's quite at the stage where a million doesn't mean much.  Plus, beating Federer is a bonus, bad back or no bad back.

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2008, 04:11:43 PM »

You may well be right about Federer, he is certainly in decline. The problem you have here Bolt, as i know you aren't Murray's biggest fan, that Murray may well be the best player in the world on hardcourts at the moment. 2 of the 4 slams are on hardcourts, you may be in for some misery in the next few years.

he is buzzing at the moment(unfortunately) Roll Eyes

Really it's not that he's scottish(no really) i just cant stand the modern day sportsman, bland, uninformed, inarticulate worried only about making sure that his PR agent to the side of the camera is appeased with another........."erm yeah basically i'm happy with the way it went and at the end of the day i can just do my best" etc, khan, hamilton and how many of the footballers you can mention are the same, people like merson and gazza just dont happen anymore, it's not allowed to have a personality on modern day sport, well pleased when khan got flattened, jumping around when it looked like hamilton had mangled it(sigh) tough times ahead for real sports fans.

what they dont get is if you actually do what you want without being overly conscious of the media and what you might be doing may not typify what is seen as being an acceptable way of being a modern day role model in sports the media will give you a bit of leeway, look at hatton, he goes out stuffs his face and gets mashed, the media have learned he's got a huge fan base and the hatton publicity machine dont really care when they picture him coming out of a club, it's just what he does, the media dont get much of a reaction and it's not so much of a story, these boys coming up today are seeing the media run the world and are shit scared to have a personality, makes sport dull!
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2008, 04:18:31 PM »

he is buzzing at the moment(unfortunately) Roll Eyes

Really it's not that he's scottish(no really) i just cant stand the modern day sportsman, bland, uninformed, inarticulate worried only about making sure that his PR agent to the side of the camera is appeased with another........."erm yeah basically i'm happy with the way it went and at the end of the day i can just do my best" etc, khan, hamilton and how many of the footballers you can mention are the same, people like merson and gazza just dont happen anymore, it's not allowed to have a personality on modern day sport, well pleased when khan got flattened, jumping around when it looked like hamilton had mangled it(sigh) tough times ahead for real sports fans.

what they dont get is if you actually do what you want without being overly conscious of the media and what you might be doing may not typify what is seen as being an acceptable way of being a modern day role model in sports the media will give you a bit of leeway, look at hatton, he goes out stuffs his face and gets mashed, the media have learned he's got a huge fan base and the hatton publicity machine dont really care when they picture him coming out of a club, it's just what he does, the media dont get much of a reaction and it's not so much of a story, these boys coming up today are seeing the media run the world and are shit scared to have a personality, makes sport dull!

I think you're making a mistake assuming that they're like that because of media training - in the vast majority of cases I think it's just what they're really like - they really are that dull.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2008, 04:39:46 PM »

wtf bolt. I recommend the WWE, they'll give you a show, cut a good promo.

Seriously, who gives a toss about post match interviews.

Murray does his shit on the court ffs. Exciting tennis and an animated personality (that's right, I said the p word) that gives an open window into his stuggles with the mental side of the game.

He's good to watch play tennis. His hypothetical success, or lack thereof, as a guest at your fantasy dinner party doesn't make him a luddy.

p.s. I think you want to shag Gazza.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2008, 04:48:16 PM »

Murray does his shit on the court ffs. Exciting tennis and an animated personality (that's right, I said the p word) that gives an open window into his stuggles with the mental side of the game.

I agree with this, the boys got talent, i thought he seemed to be an also ran a couple of years ago and was gonna have excuse after excuse, he didnt seem to have the temprement for this level but he's doing the bussiness now.

I cant help seeing a bloke like that on soccer am and when being asked: "what is maria sharapova like in real life, she must be amazing" replying(with a nervous look on his face):"erm yeah shes alright" without thinking what an absoloute tosser he is!!!!!!

with regards to gazza, i would be honoured Grin
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2008, 04:48:59 PM »

Murray needs a haircut though, imo.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2008, 05:12:55 PM »

I don't really think Murray GAF about what people think about him, that's certainly the impression he gives off when he's being interviewed by some excitable twat from Sky.
phatbhoy

I wish this was my graph!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2008, 05:50:12 PM »

davydenko at 5-1 to win the whole thing is a great bet IMO. He faces a tired murray tomo who has come out and said beating Federer was like winning the tournie. Davydenko may be a little unpredictable but was outstanding yesterday. The winner of the murray davydenko match will probably face a slightly off form djokovic in the final and he has lost that killer edge in the last few big finals he has played.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: