blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:25:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Murray BEATS Federer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Murray BEATS Federer  (Read 6651 times)
Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2008, 07:11:44 PM »

federa's gone, it's not a real result, he hasn't recovered from Wimbledon plus he had an injury here

You may well be right about Federer, he is certainly in decline. The problem you have here Bolt, as i know you aren't Murray's biggest fan, that Murray may well be the best player in the world on hardcourts at the moment. 2 of the 4 slams are on hardcourts, you may be in for some misery in the next few years.

Remember Murray didn't have to win this game, but he did all the same.

he is buzzing at the moment(unfortunately) Roll Eyes

Really it's not that he's scottish(no really) i just cant stand the modern day sportsman, bland, uninformed, inarticulate worried only about making sure that his PR agent to the side of the camera is appeased with another........."erm yeah basically i'm happy with the way it went and at the end of the day i can just do my best" etc, khan, hamilton and how many of the footballers you can mention are the same, people like merson and gazza just dont happen anymore, it's not allowed to have a personality on modern day sport, well pleased when khan got flattened, jumping around when it looked like hamilton had mangled it(sigh) tough times ahead for real sports fans.

what they dont get is if you actually do what you want without being overly conscious of the media and what you might be doing may not typify what is seen as being an acceptable way of being a modern day role model in sports the media will give you a bit of leeway, look at hatton, he goes out stuffs his face and gets mashed, the media have learned he's got a huge fan base and the hatton publicity machine dont really care when they picture him coming out of a club, it's just what he does, the media dont get much of a reaction and it's not so much of a story, these boys coming up today are seeing the media run the world and are shit scared to have a personality, makes sport dull!

I can assure you that Andy Murray isn't in the least bit interested in what a PR man may have to say. He simply doesn't like talking to the media. He loves playing tennis and, since July, he's been the best player in the world. His tennis is entertainment enough - he isn't there to be an entertainer off court.  Just cos he isn't a show pony doesn't make him dull.

And yes, I am biased.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2008, 07:29:10 PM »

federa's gone, it's not a real result, he hasn't recovered from Wimbledon plus he had an injury here

You may well be right about Federer, he is certainly in decline. The problem you have here Bolt, as i know you aren't Murray's biggest fan, that Murray may well be the best player in the world on hardcourts at the moment. 2 of the 4 slams are on hardcourts, you may be in for some misery in the next few years.

Really it's not that he's scottish(no really) i just cant stand the modern day sportsman, bland, uninformed, inarticulate worried only about making sure that his PR agent to the side of the camera is appeased with another........."erm yeah basically i'm happy with the way it went and at the end of the day i can just do my best" etc, khan, hamilton and how many of the footballers you can mention are the same, people like merson and gazza just dont happen anymore, it's not allowed to have a personality on modern day sport, well pleased when khan got flattened, jumping around when it looked like hamilton had mangled it(sigh) tough times ahead for real sports fans.

what they dont get is if you actually do what you want without being overly conscious of the media and what you might be doing may not typify what is seen as being an acceptable way of being a modern day role model in sports the media will give you a bit of leeway, look at hatton, he goes out stuffs his face and gets mashed, the media have learned he's got a huge fan base and the hatton publicity machine dont really care when they picture him coming out of a club, it's just what he does, the media dont get much of a reaction and it's not so much of a story, these boys coming up today are seeing the media run the world and are shit scared to have a personality, makes sport dull!

I can assure you that Andy Murray isn't in the least bit interested in what a PR man may have to say. He simply doesn't like talking to the media. He loves playing tennis and, since July, he's been the best player in the world. His tennis is entertainment enough - he isn't there to be an entertainer off court.  Just cos he isn't a show pony doesn't make him dull.

And yes, I am biased.

so what your saying is that just because he always acts dull and comes across as a very dull person and is clearly the dullest person ever to have uttered succsesive words he isnt dull? ok.

refering back to his comments on maria sharapova(specifically the lacklustre way in which he refered to one of the fittest sportswomen in the world as "alright") if this boy isnt dull he's either gay or thick, stick with dull thumbs up
Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2008, 08:24:47 PM »

So he's either dull, or gay & thick.  Your logic is astounding. You'd better not watch any tennis for the next 5 years. It's going to be awfully dull. Or gay. 
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2008, 08:31:31 PM »

So he's either dull, or gay & thick.  Your logic is astounding. You'd better not watch any tennis for the next 5 years. It's going to be awfully dull. Or gay. 

It's not my logic, after tanks post i was happy to accept how well he was doing and that his tennis prowess shoulnt be detracted from by his less than exuberant off court persona but after you posted so convincingly about how he isnt dull just i'm now absolutely convinced that he's a repressed homosexual with thicko tendencies who's addicted to iron bru! Roll Eyes
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2008, 08:33:29 PM »

It's not my logic, after tanks post i was happy to accept how well he was doing and that his tennis prowess shoulnt be detracted from by his less than exuberant off court persona but after you posted so convincingly about how he isnt dull just i'm now absolutely convinced that he's a repressed homosexual with thicko tendencies who's addicted to iron bru! Roll Eyes

Maybe him and Carragher are related Smiley

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2008, 08:45:27 PM »

Bolt is now spelling Irn Bru half right.

He's getting gradually Gaelicised. 

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2008, 09:17:23 PM »

But he's on for another $1m bonus for winning them all, so there was plenty of incentive to win.

Yeah i understand that and i am sure $1mill is going to be pretty sweet for him. Murray is going to win enough this year and in future years for 1m to be pretty much irrelevant. Already made 3 mill this year from prizes, god know how much he gets paid in endorsements.

Andy Murray has the biggest entourage on the tour costing approx $2,5m in salaries, travel, hotels etc.

The endorsments are HUGE for the top players. A winner of a Grand Slam can expect to get double their prize money, as a bonus, from EACH of their main sponsors.

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
phatbhoy

I wish this was my graph!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2008, 02:44:51 PM »

my davydenko tip at 5-1 looking good, might put a safety on djokovic to cover it, do you guys do this? Murray looked shattered today!
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2008, 02:49:36 PM »

Right bolt - so if he was polished with the press he'd annoy you. He speaks honestly and not very well to the press & you blame PR agents? Surely if they were training him for public speaking he'd be better? He spoke straight and got slaughtered for making a joke about wanting England to lose - hardly a PR worked statement. Sounds like he's damned if he does & damned if he don't with you.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2008, 02:50:25 PM »

my davydenko tip at 5-1 looking good, might put a safety on djokovic to cover it, do you guys do this? Murray looked shattered today!

No i didn't but after watching the first few games, I thought about this tip and thought nice bet sir.
Thekellster89

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2008, 10:55:34 PM »

lol at anyone who ever bets on any tennis match involving davydenko again

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: