blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:44:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  DTD £300 Deepstack - March 09
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 Deepstack - March 09  (Read 20177 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2009, 03:01:47 PM »

There was a very tidy player on our table, don't know his name but I think he made it deep in Walsall last week.  He was up and down like a yoyo and in every pot and think most of us were just biding our time to "catch" him.  Well I lost a few k to this chap on monster draws, with me flopping open enders and nut flush draws and missing them both.  We all knew if we could just hit against him, he would pay us off with weak holdings.

Seat 1? Dominic Rossookh.

Thekellster89

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2009, 03:05:02 PM »

lol dom's obviously a brilliant player, hes in so many pots because his edge is so big and he can play marginal holdings profitably

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2009, 03:59:03 PM »

Am i reading this right?

You are charging a not unreasonable but top end 1.43 on the buyin, fair enough.

Then you are also charging 1.2 when people are sending the funds?? Why is 10% £40?

1.71 is a bit ridic and abusing the good faith of blonde posters.

Really don't get why you would post that James. You can sell a product at whatever price you want. Buyers can accept or decline. Once the product has been purchased what use is it making all parties feel disillusioned with the arrangement? Do you stop people on BP's forecourt to tell them petrol is too expensive? Do you write to Fernando Torres to tell him he is paid too much? The fact the seller appears 100% genuine gives buyers a better crack at a profit than some staking opportunities that get posted on this forum imo. Some have suggested you post a model you see as standard. That would be a positive way to express your views on staking value. Even then, if someone chooses to deviate from that model what business is it of yours? Anyway, many would agree Maria is better looking than you so can sell shares in herself at a higher premium than you on that basis alone.

somebody does need to post these things, it seems most people's stake requests are snapped up as a bit of interest in people they know personally or through blonde- this is great, everyone benefits. The problem arises in that people see X- small amout for interest in someone they know and snap it up without really considering it - here the poster nor the stakers realised the stake was construted badly, flushy commented, stakers and stakee rectified in good faith and you can bet it won't happen again to any of them.

people really should question these stakes a bit more carefully, this is the 2nd staking thread in a week that i have looked at and been stunned at how happily people leap into obviously questionable stakes.

See my previous post, I read, asked a question, all was completely clear. I liked the deal, staked, would do again for the same sort of player, for the same reason. I don't have to answer to you but only posted this as you seem to think I am some prize donk for not reading the original post correctly. It's my cash I will spend it how I like.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2009, 06:06:24 PM »

There was a very tidy player on our table, don't know his name but I think he made it deep in Walsall last week.  He was up and down like a yoyo and in every pot and think most of us were just biding our time to "catch" him.  Well I lost a few k to this chap on monster draws, with me flopping open enders and nut flush draws and missing them both.  We all knew if we could just hit against him, he would pay us off with weak holdings.

That's the chap, really really impressed with him.  Was kinda sad when he got knocked out.  Thinking about it though, this guy clearly has talent and an edge over most of the players around, but if only he added another gear to his game other than gogogogogogogo.  Players like him amaze me in their abilty to get chips and to soul read sometimes during hands, but take a step back sometimes and maybe play 60% of hands rather than 90% and to his admittance "might get past my usual level 3 exit!"

Cool guy.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2009, 01:02:02 AM »

That's the chap, really really impressed with him.  Was kinda sad when he got knocked out.  Thinking about it though, this guy clearly has talent and an edge over most of the players around, but if only he added another gear to his game other than gogogogogogogo.  Players like him amaze me in their abilty to get chips and to soul read sometimes during hands, but take a step back sometimes and maybe play 60% of hands rather than 90% and to his admittance "might get past my usual level 3 exit!"

Cool guy.

vvg, 50% of his talent would do me

sola virtus nobilitat
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2009, 02:38:42 PM »

you already have 50% of Quereshi's talent. Some people want it all...

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2009, 03:58:08 PM »

I'm with Julian here in that I only ever sell 50% and only ever at face cost. Can't see why anyone should ever have to pay a premium myself.

The only time i did it i sold 50% at face value too.  I don't remember Flushy telling me to mark it up a bit as he took half of it either!  Wink 

On one other occasion I was kinda press-ganged into playing a big comp in Brighton paid for by a syndicate of players (i think i was on 30%).  While the gesture was much appreciated I didn't feel particularly comfortable with the situation and ended up making a couple of glaringly weak plays as a result.  With my own cash on the line i certainly don't err on the side of caution...!

Personally I don't agree with people asking for full buy-ins to tournaments.  If i were going to stake someone i'd like to think they were risking some of their own cash as well.

Good luck if you can get it though!  Smiley

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2009, 09:57:25 PM »

Am i reading this right?

You are charging a not unreasonable but top end 1.43 on the buyin, fair enough.

Then you are also charging 1.2 when people are sending the funds?? Why is 10% £40?

1.71 is a bit ridic and abusing the good faith of blonde posters.

Really don't get why you would post that James. You can sell a product at whatever price you want. Buyers can accept or decline. Once the product has been purchased what use is it making all parties feel disillusioned with the arrangement? Do you stop people on BP's forecourt to tell them petrol is too expensive? Do you write to Fernando Torres to tell him he is paid too much? The fact the seller appears 100% genuine gives buyers a better crack at a profit than some staking opportunities that get posted on this forum imo. Some have suggested you post a model you see as standard. That would be a positive way to express your views on staking value. Even then, if someone chooses to deviate from that model what business is it of yours? Anyway, many would agree Maria is better looking than you so can sell shares in herself at a higher premium than you on that basis alone.

somebody does need to post these things, it seems most people's stake requests are snapped up as a bit of interest in people they know personally or through blonde- this is great, everyone benefits. The problem arises in that people see X- small amout for interest in someone they know and snap it up without really considering it - here the poster nor the stakers realised the stake was construted badly, flushy commented, stakers and stakee rectified in good faith and you can bet it won't happen again to any of them.

people really should question these stakes a bit more carefully, this is the 2nd staking thread in a week that i have looked at and been stunned at how happily people leap into obviously questionable stakes.

See my previous post, I read, asked a question, all was completely clear. I liked the deal, staked, would do again for the same sort of player, for the same reason. I don't have to answer to you but only posted this as you seem to think I am some prize donk for not reading the original post correctly. It's my cash I will spend it how I like.

not at all, your money your decision and you are probably a lot sharper than me (i did say no disrespect meant to anyone), i personally would happily back chilli but not at those rates.
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2009, 11:10:35 PM »

Some of you have said Chilli made a mistake charging £400 ie £70 over the buy in.

In fact that was ok as it works out at 1.21 , the mistake was selling 100% when she should have just sold 70%. This would have come to £280 and she would add £50 for 30%

If she wanted all the stake she could have sold 5% chunks at £23.57 , selling 14 shares for the £330 , this means she pays no extra but is charging 1.42.

Neither of these ways would have been unreasonable.

Cheers

ACES

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: