blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:33:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monthly £300 - Day 1
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monthly £300 - Day 1  (Read 23149 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2009, 01:49:18 AM »

Dingdell here - Paul King just sauntered past. "How you doing?" I asked.
"I know how to take the pain out of a tourney" he replied "Play like a pratt like me and get knocked out early, it takes the pain away".

Personally I would try a paracetemol, but each to their own...

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2009, 01:53:11 AM »

The last level has just kicked into effect.

Level nine - with blinds at 400/800/100 will be the final of the day and with a host of stacks in the danger territory of 15 BBs and lower, we can expect some blood and heavy action in this final level.

Hold tight for the action!

112 and counting...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2009, 01:56:16 AM »

Hassan Abbas has knocked out an unfortunate opponent, holding against the drawtacular on the flop. But the turn dried up the draw to one card as it was the , but the Royal Flush missed on the river.

Daniel Kallenbach has been virtually felted raising with and quickly calling Daniel Rudd's shove. Rudd held but flopped better as the board ran out .

"About time!" whispered Rudd to me as he's back over the 30k mark.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2009, 01:57:49 AM »

Chris Bruce moved all-in on a with Q-J but was called by the shorter stack's A-J which held on the turn and river losing the Brucester around 22k.

Thanks to Dingdell for that.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2009, 01:58:13 AM »

[  ] I'm not about to collapse.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2009, 01:59:26 AM »

Mike Saban is out after having grinded all day, finally getting it in good with A-J against J-T but luck just wasn't with him today.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2009, 02:08:16 AM »

Dingdell here - table M3boy - Very very tight player who was on my table most of the night raises under the gun to 2600.

2 non believers flat call. Flop comes  and all three check it round.

Turn comes  . Original raiser bets 3400 and next player flat calls again, with the other folding so it's the tight player against one of the only remaining women players....

River comes  and it goes check check. Original raiser shows  two spades two hearts and our brave girl shows...... ....... and scoops the pot obviously scared of the one overcard on theboard or a possible higher pair. I'd like to see this one of the board. 

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2009, 02:12:54 AM »

Hassan Abbas has knocked out an unfortunate opponent, holding against the drawtacular on the flop. But the turn dried up the draw to one card as it was the , but the Royal Flush missed on the river.

Daniel Kallenbach has been virtually felted raising with and quickly calling Daniel Rudd's shove. Rudd held but flopped better as the board ran out .

"About time!" whispered Rudd to me as he's back over the 30k mark.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2009, 02:16:48 AM »

The aptly named Johnathan Wragg has just been sent to busto-ville, courtesy of Daniel Brown.

Brown' raise with a flat call behind saw Wragg make his move with , shipping his stack into the middle, but he was never going to shift Mr Brown out of the pot as he held .

The flop of offered the merest glimmer of salvation, though all hope was extinguished as the board ran out , leaving Wragg tapping the table generously as he departed the felt, reducing numbers yet further.

Just 94 remain now as the last fifteen minutes of the level play out.

Still in there are Paul Garnham, partly as a result of having kings three times in close succession, mbn, and Mickey Wernick, using all the power of his mighty grey beard to guide him through these latter stages.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2009, 02:19:12 AM »

Stuart Hopkin is out. "Ace King vs Queens," he said simply. The Queens belonging to Andy Cradock.

Wind Of Change for Frampton

Paul Frampton has been virtually felted losing with to the of Phillip Toomer on a two spades board. Toomer has the facial expression known as "Well chuffed".

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2009, 02:30:41 AM »

Dan Carter (No, a different one) raises to 2k but folds to the reraise to 6k from Daryl Moore.

[   ] This wasn't an excuse to get a photo of the dealer for AgentChip109.

And what better way to finish the night with the classic Aces vs Kings? Tony Salmon caught good while Allen Rayner is quickly downing his drink before the inevitable (in his eyes) as the held despite a turn scare vs on the Two Clubs three diamonds board.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2009, 02:33:04 AM »

Hassan Abbas has just taken down a humungous pot and in dramatic circumstances.

There was always likely to be some sort of action when a 2,500 raise saw 4 people go to the flop!

With 10k in the pot pre, the was checked to the original raiser who led out for 6,000 and Abbas made the call with 20k or so back...

The turn was the , Abbas checked and his opponent now shipped the rest of his stack into the middle.

After some thought Abbas made the call with the draw-tastic . He no doubt thought his flush draw and straight draw were live, but when his opponent flipped up a surprising pair of fives, it turned out a six or seven was also good!

And the river was the six!

A single pair of sixes was good enough for Abbas to sweep up a 50k pot, which will put him in the higher echelons of the leaderboard going into day two.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2009, 02:39:51 AM »

And with that last slice of the drama pie being served up, we have reached the end of the day.

The field has been reduced to 87 and we will post up the final chip counts as they reach us.

It's been a great start to the DTD £300, proving that there's some exciting poker being played outside of Dublin at the moment. Myself and Hugh Grant, Forrest Gump Flopsy-Wopsy have had a ball bringing you all the action but we are going to call a temporary halt to proceedings as we go off to get some rest after a long day.

We'll be back refreshed and re-invigorated tomorrow for the resumption so join us then as the action continues apace!

Thanks to part time updaters Barry Neville and Dingdell for their contributions today.

We'll see you tomorrow but for now

Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2009, 05:36:49 AM »

Cheers for funking! Lets hope I win the inevitable key flip this time. Smiley
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2009, 10:38:04 AM »

Excellent updates Ding Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: