blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:16:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 493795 times)
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3450 on: June 12, 2018, 08:32:41 PM »

Three proper skinners so far for the layers.  is it 3 through or 2?

36 to 18 to 6 so 2 from each heat each round.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: June 12, 2018, 08:35:37 PM »

Some maths Omm, that's 3 through in the first round. And 2 in semis.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: June 12, 2018, 08:48:12 PM »

Some maths Omm, that's 3 through in the first round. And 2 in semis.

lol, no wonder the kids stopped asking for help with homework..... and they are all under 10!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: June 12, 2018, 08:51:40 PM »

gamble landed in style.  29.60 515m fast away Hove form looks so goood at cray over six bends 540m. Easy to see why they punted it this morning was friendless in the ring and on bf.  Drifted from 10/11 to 11/8 on bf.  
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: June 13, 2018, 05:04:20 PM »

Bruisers Bullet went lame during a trail at Nottingham, x rays show that he has chip a bone and is very unlikely he will race again. Another loss to the Open scene and obvs a dog that I have been following for the last year.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: June 13, 2018, 05:12:10 PM »

Bruisers Bullet went lame during a trail at Nottingham, x rays show that he has chip a bone and is very unlikely he will race again. Another loss to the Open scene and obvs a dog that I have been following for the last year.

http://greyhoundbet.racingpost.com/#news-story/story_id=2514257

Very sad news. Great career if it is over. 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: June 17, 2018, 12:59:06 PM »

http://www.gbgb.org.uk/resultsRace.aspx?id=2104165

Jimmy Wright and Angela Harrison been mopping up the open races at Sunderland this morning.  Droopys expert (as short as 33/1 for next years Derby) hosed up but their latest pup on its debut just run over a length slower than expert did this morning in the puppy race.  This one really does look one to keep an eye on.  Sub 27 seconds on your race debut at 20 months old is fairly flying.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 01:02:22 PM by arbboy » Logged
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: June 26, 2018, 09:04:33 PM »

StarSports is 33/1 Brinkleys Poet for 2019 Derby. Was Hoping someone would go 50/1 but that’s more wishful thinking with his current performance. Obvs not a value play with it being a year away and the last few days has shown us the unfortunate side of racing with Farrens injury, however I think Matt Dartnell is quite an astute trainer, Peot was 3rd behind Brandy and Verve in puppy Derby and was not entered for this year. Got to be that they are targeting next year so I’m on board with 2pts ew to get the ball rolling. I asked bf to add Poet to the exchange as well.

Might look at keeping the thread alive for the Irish Derby In September, would love to take the kids as we have family in Ireland (You would never guess with O’Reilly for a surname) so let’s see if we can get a book together for that. StarSports are first to go up with the market for this. All thoughts are welcome.

Gold Collar might give us an opportunity to find a 4 bend dog that is stepping up in trip and may need the extra distance, my initial interest is for Droopys Dresden, was consistently in the frame during the Derby and although I haven’t watched the races back again yet I do remember think8ng that he would be a dog that needed further. SS are first up with a market and have him at 10/1 which I thought was a little short. Will hold out to see what others price him up as, will also request the market on bf.

Any initial thoughts on Gold Collar Scotty/Arb.

Be nice if I rembered to follow up on my own post, think I remember seeing 12 or 14’s and forgot to check bf, ended up doing nothing. Lol.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: June 30, 2018, 11:12:55 AM »

https://www.oddschecker.com/greyhounds/ante-post/rpgtv-select-stakes/winner

http://www.bagsracing.com/assets/2-july---nottingham-adv1.pdf

So the Select Stakes on Monday at Nottingham has had some drama in the run up. Dorotas Wildcat was withdrawn before the draw with a pulled muscle so cannot defend his title, he was replaced by Sporting Dave. Then Whoops Jack got withdrawn and because of so rule it is now a 5 dog race, which is a big shame as the £7500 to the winner for a one off race is not to be sniffed at, im sure one of the other 4 dogs that were in the short list would have like to be Jacks replacement. Anyway that's what it is. While I was in Vegas I saw that BV still had Brinkleys Poet at 5/2 but couldn't confirm that was the reformed market, thought it could be a bet at that price. Anyway ive just been looking and I think at 9/2 with Fred that Sporting Dave is a bet. Its obvs a tough race but The Other Reg and Innocent times haven't had that many runs the last month although both have been trailing well. We know Poet has broken a few track records recently but the defeat by Bit View Knight shows that he is not invincible. Shaneboy Freddie is a grand old fella but does not win often. Now Sporting Dave is on quite a bit of form, ok his last few races have been against much easier opposition but he has been having the runs and comes here all guns a blazing, from what I have read he will not be having a trail but does have some form at Nottingham so knows the track.  I probably wouldn't have a bet at 7/2 and would have had a small bet at 4/1 but at 9/2 I have had 8 pts Win.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: July 02, 2018, 09:10:25 PM »

https://www.oddschecker.com/greyhounds/ante-post/rpgtv-select-stakes/winner

http://www.bagsracing.com/assets/2-july---nottingham-adv1.pdf

So the Select Stakes on Monday at Nottingham has had some drama in the run up. Dorotas Wildcat was withdrawn before the draw with a pulled muscle so cannot defend his title, he was replaced by Sporting Dave. Then Whoops Jack got withdrawn and because of so rule it is now a 5 dog race, which is a big shame as the £7500 to the winner for a one off race is not to be sniffed at, im sure one of the other 4 dogs that were in the short list would have like to be Jacks replacement. Anyway that's what it is. While I was in Vegas I saw that BV still had Brinkleys Poet at 5/2 but couldn't confirm that was the reformed market, thought it could be a bet at that price. Anyway ive just been looking and I think at 9/2 with Fred that Sporting Dave is a bet. Its obvs a tough race but The Other Reg and Innocent times haven't had that many runs the last month although both have been trailing well. We know Poet has broken a few track records recently but the defeat by Bit View Knight shows that he is not invincible. Shaneboy Freddie is a grand old fella but does not win often. Now Sporting Dave is on quite a bit of form, ok his last few races have been against much easier opposition but he has been having the runs and comes here all guns a blazing, from what I have read he will not be having a trail but does have some form at Nottingham so knows the track.  I probably wouldn't have a bet at 7/2 and would have had a small bet at 4/1 but at 9/2 I have had 8 pts Win.

Oh dear, Peot wins with Dave 2nd, the other three dogs all went out at the 1st bend. Hard to enjoy the race when that happens.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: July 04, 2018, 06:07:18 PM »

Hills Classic and Grand Prix start tonight at Sunderland, looks like a decent card and should be a good night of racing. Its on RPGTV which you can get online or via the app. Been at work so not had a chance to look at the card. will post up if I see any.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: July 04, 2018, 06:39:27 PM »

Crazy first race.  No idea what happened to the 2 dog on the run in.  Long time since i have done the dogs on a Weds night.  The cards are usually terrible.  This Sunderland card is worth watching tonight though.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: July 04, 2018, 06:41:02 PM »

Hills Classic and Grand Prix start tonight at Sunderland, looks like a decent card and should be a good night of racing. Its on RPGTV which you can get online or via the app. Been at work so not had a chance to look at the card. will post up if I see any.

Bombers Bullet in the 7:06 is 6/4 with hills but you can also boost it and get roughly 2.61 ive had 6 pts win, ran a decent trail and beat donation over 6 bends (although shorter) at Romford. Only bet of the night. glgl
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: July 04, 2018, 06:44:37 PM »

Crazy first race.  No idea what happened to the 2 dog on the run in.  Long time since i have done the dogs on a Weds night.  The cards are usually terrible.  This Sunderland card is worth watching tonight though.

strange. looks like he just had a look across. nearly stopped.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: July 04, 2018, 07:08:23 PM »

Huge late plunge on t1 there.  Never catching t3 when it led.  8 bend form at crayford.  ul omm
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: