blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:22:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 497841 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3720 on: July 12, 2019, 06:11:00 PM »

Tanya's on RPGTV tonight *groan* and has already put me on tilt by saying Dor-a-tos Wildcat.

Mute 

On tonight, something about her that really irritates me.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: July 12, 2019, 10:05:56 PM »

her face and voice are two starters for ten!
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: August 23, 2019, 05:15:34 PM »

Decent card tonight at Romford with the Champions Stakes heats. Managed to find a few that I like, including a 10/1 runner in the 9:41.

Lots of early in the race and I think the makeup of the race suits the dogs in T5 and T6. I've backed T3 the last couple of weeks but drawn further off the fence today and I don't think it can clear the inside two, especially given T1 will likely be moving off with mid comments from last run from T1 here. T2 will likely be the proverbial meat in the sandwich. T4 is the Golden Sprint winner Union Jack but, despite having won from 4 before, is definitely a railer - he's not running at the top of his game and will be moving left. It all suggests trouble for the inside traps.

The market is liking T6 Geelo Carlos and it looks like it could be pacy here but I'm more than happy to have a stab at T5 Glynalan Lad. 3:75 sectional, 24:10 run off the front if clearing the inside trouble, hold T6 off around the first two bends. 10/1. Might not be fancied and could be a big machine price.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: August 23, 2019, 10:42:34 PM »

Unlucky Scotty

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: August 24, 2019, 09:14:01 AM »

Unlucky Scotty

Yeah, basically got the race spot on but somehow T1 just managed to clear the trouble despite moving middle. 20 on the exchange too!
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: August 30, 2019, 01:49:28 PM »

The one that beat mine last week, Silva Hill, looks a touch of value in the 7:03 tonight at 9/2. Probably more favourably pitched in T3 than last week and with all the early on his outside. Bit of trouble on the outside and could scoot a length or so clear and hold them off in 24:20ish, which should be enough.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: August 30, 2019, 07:05:35 PM »

That was really unlucky Scotty - excellent shout nevertheless.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: September 07, 2019, 08:38:19 AM »

Oh dear.....

https://twitter.com/BenStarSports/status/1170068267907637249

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: September 07, 2019, 09:07:24 AM »

Good to see happy Harry posting another upbeat tweet.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: September 07, 2019, 10:10:10 AM »

I thought he said on Twitter last night that the main course arrived an hour and a half after the starter.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: September 07, 2019, 10:19:09 AM »

I thought he said on Twitter last night that the main course arrived an hour and a half after the starter.

The food looked bang average for £35 a head Ralph and he did say it was 90 mins late.   Given we spent £29 at Nottingham for the derby with table/food on last 48 night when the food looked much better than what Ben was served up.  I know which gives better value.   Ben was always going to give it a 10 because he loves greyhound racing and will support it to the hilt.   It was great to see Romford back with a 'proper' Friday night card.  Here is hoping now the stand is complete we can get back to regular top class Friday nights there.   The volumes on betfair last night were huge and some very lively gambles on the machine that didn't reflect the on course market at all.   It would have been an arbers paradise last night on certain races.

Friday night used to be my fav night of the week when they had Sunderland on rpgtv with romford.   Having to deal with Nottingham graded alongside Romford is annoying and makes it a one card night for me.   Also be nice if the Hove Thurs open cards could get back on the telly as well alongside Romfords but that's a media rights issue.  Just need to get Towcester open again now so we can have the Derby at a track suitable to host the great event.   Only Nottingham and Central Park have put themselves forward for 2020 and announcement will be made at the end of this month.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: September 07, 2019, 10:44:52 AM »

The food looked bang average for £35 a head Ralph and he did say it was 90 mins late.   Given we spent £29 at Nottingham for the derby with table/food on last 48 night when the food looked much better than what Ben was served up.  I know which gives better value.   Ben was always going to give it a 10 because he loves greyhound racing and will support it to the hilt.   It was great to see Romford back with a 'proper' Friday night card.  Here is hoping now the stand is complete we can get back to regular top class Friday nights there.   The volumes on betfair last night were huge and some very lively gambles on the machine that didn't reflect the on course market at all.   It would have been an arbers paradise last night on certain races.

Friday night used to be my fav night of the week when they had Sunderland on rpgtv with romford.   Having to deal with Nottingham graded alongside Romford is annoying and makes it a one card night for me.   Also be nice if the Hove Thurs open cards could get back on the telly as well alongside Romfords but that's a media rights issue.  Just need to get Towcester open again now so we can have the Derby at a track suitable to host the great event.   Only Nottingham and Central Park have put themselves forward for 2020 and announcement will be made at the end of this month.

Would Romford not be a suitable Derby venue now or is next year just too soon?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: September 07, 2019, 10:57:40 AM »

The food looked bang average for £35 a head Ralph and he did say it was 90 mins late.   Given we spent £29 at Nottingham for the derby with table/food on last 48 night when the food looked much better than what Ben was served up.  I know which gives better value.   Ben was always going to give it a 10 because he loves greyhound racing and will support it to the hilt.   It was great to see Romford back with a 'proper' Friday night card.  Here is hoping now the stand is complete we can get back to regular top class Friday nights there.   The volumes on betfair last night were huge and some very lively gambles on the machine that didn't reflect the on course market at all.   It would have been an arbers paradise last night on certain races.

Friday night used to be my fav night of the week when they had Sunderland on rpgtv with romford.   Having to deal with Nottingham graded alongside Romford is annoying and makes it a one card night for me.   Also be nice if the Hove Thurs open cards could get back on the telly as well alongside Romfords but that's a media rights issue.  Just need to get Towcester open again now so we can have the Derby at a track suitable to host the great event.   Only Nottingham and Central Park have put themselves forward for 2020 and announcement will be made at the end of this month.

Would Romford not be a suitable Derby venue now or is next year just too soon?

Romford is a million to ever host the derby for two reasons.   Coral/Lolbrokes own it and would have zero interest in investing the money required for a derby to be held (plus conflict of interest with Ben and Star Sports sponsoring it).   If they did they would hold it at one of their 'sister' tracks Hove or Monmore because the second reason is the tight short 400m track is totally unsuitable for a stiff 4 bend trip which the Derby needs.   Hove 515m trip is a shade too big.   Their recently started new 4 bend trip over 490m has a short run to the bend so not suitable for the Derby.   Monmore would be perfect track and distance wise (and easy accessible to the m6 in the Midlands) if they were going to make a bid.   Not sure any of their tracks could actually host the derby final crowd though capacity wise.   Hove's car park is overflowing on a standard weekend meet.  
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 11:19:28 AM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: September 13, 2019, 08:31:30 PM »

Henlow track owner has just stated in an interview on RPGTV he is trying to lease Towcester for 10 years and its currently in the hands of his legal team and if it goes through smoothly he said racing will commence on 1 March 2020 both graded and open racing.   No mention of holding the Derby next year or in the future.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: September 30, 2019, 05:13:35 PM »

https://www.nottinghamdogs.com/greyhoundderby.aspx

Same again for next year's Derby.   Shame its back at Nottingham.
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: