blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:10:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 176632 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: July 29, 2010, 01:35:47 PM »

The girls had another U16 match last night.  Their first one in ages.  You'll be happy to hear their opponents (Liscarrol) were wearing green and white.  No fear of a reds clash this time.  Dromtariffe absolutely crushed them .  It was another one of those embarrassing matches where we stopped keeping score. 

I was going to take the dogs with me, but decided against it in case anything would happen to Cassie's leg.  Just too soon imo.  The zoom groom thing worked GREAT on her shedding coat!  I can see now how just a basic kitchen rubber glove would do the trick too, so will keep it in mind if ever the zoom goes missing.  Still can't get my head around using a saw blade though.  lol

Today is mostly a chill out day before the mad dash to Dublin tomorrow.  My passport has expired.  Marv.  I've an appointment in the morning to be issued a new one.  Pity the Embassy wouldn't let me do it last month when we were going for the kid's ones.  I did ask too.  But because I had no definite travel plans, they refused.  Now that I do, they're sorting it.  Thanks for that.  At least I know what bus to get on once I reach Dublin.  Saves standing in the wrong spot for ages a second time around.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #511 on: July 29, 2010, 01:39:59 PM »

That's all well and good...but what we really want to know is;

Do you buy cheap socks or expensive ones?...anything over £1 per pair is obviously expensive.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 29, 2010, 01:42:28 PM »

That's all well and good...but what we really want to know is;

Do you buy cheap socks or expensive ones?...anything over £1 per pair is obviously expensive.

I'm mostly in your camp on this one.  As it stands, I hate wearing socks anyway.  Don't even like wearing shoes if I can avoid them.  So you can imagine my joy at wearing heels of any sort.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #513 on: July 29, 2010, 02:01:56 PM »

The Mrs took me to Matalan the other day...IT'S MENTAL! 5 pairs of shiny new black shocks for £3.50 (Even got some nice boxers for pennies, even though one of them is purple...)....even beats ASDA or Tesco. Don't get me wrong, I hate the shop..looks like scabby central but you can't knock the price on their socks. Good thing MrsB didn't see me buying them as she gets a bit exasperated with my sock buying prowess. Something about 50 pairs being too many...women, eh?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 29, 2010, 02:04:17 PM »

To be fair...she has a point.  You ever tried to match up a wash load of socks before?  Just hope you buy all the same kind...for her sake.  Otherwise I'd be banning you from future sock purchases. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 29, 2010, 06:48:36 PM »

Beef stew - love it or hate it? 

My kids aren't too impressed at the minute...and they haven't even tasted it yet.  Wait until they find out the leftovers are tomorrow's lunch while I'm in Dublin.   

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 29, 2010, 06:54:54 PM »

To be fair...she has a point.  You ever tried to match up a wash load of socks before?  Just hope you buy all the same kind...for her sake.  Otherwise I'd be banning you from future sock purchases. 

never got this i have always folded the pairs at the top then they go in the wash and come out as a pair,but then i do have a bit of ocd,especially with wardrobes and hangers...

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 29, 2010, 07:12:11 PM »

never got this i have always folded the pairs at the top then they go in the wash and come out as a pair,but then i do have a bit of ocd,especially with wardrobes and hangers...

You've never seen my kid's socks.  Even the tops of them are filthy.  But don't ask me how.  It's a mystery.  Granted, it may have something to do with country living too.   

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 29, 2010, 07:16:59 PM »

You've never seen my kid's socks.  Even the tops of them are filthy.  But don't ask me how.  It's a mystery.  Granted, it may have something to do with country living too.   

ok if they are caked in mud then obv then ya cant do it or can you? try it and see if they come out clean..
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #519 on: July 29, 2010, 09:28:00 PM »

All my socks, other than my gym socks, are black with no patterns on it. Simples, there is no such thing as "Pair them up"...ny two make a pair.

Gym socks come in two varieties, all white but with only 2 different logos

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 29, 2010, 10:31:10 PM »

My kids aren't too impressed at the minute...and they haven't even tasted it yet.  Wait until they find out the leftovers are tomorrow's lunch while I'm in Dublin.   

I don't like stews, not sure why, I like all the ingredients, well you can put whatever you like in can't you, but I don't like them.  I prefer my food non water based I guess

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 29, 2010, 10:37:48 PM »

gtfo stew

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 29, 2010, 10:44:50 PM »

So glad Sarah has been too busy to read this thread lately! 

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: July 30, 2010, 08:56:44 AM »

I don't like stews, not sure why, I like all the ingredients, well you can put whatever you like in can't you, but I don't like them.  I prefer my food non water based I guess

It's a texture thing...we're too young to eat mush Smiley

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 30, 2010, 09:27:30 AM »

gtfo stew

gtfo Bongo.

Stew is mev.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: