blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:16:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177589 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: August 01, 2010, 02:52:56 PM »

Oh man.  Half time and it's been like watching an U12's match.  In fact, that's not entirely fair.  Teams in an U12's match would show miles more skill and effort - with only half the glaring mistakes.  Shocking.  Sigh.

Cork 6 - Roscommon 5.  Please pull it together Cork!!!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 01, 2010, 03:52:51 PM »

Cork 1 - 16   Roscommon 0 - 10

We won it by 9 points in the end.  Phew.  Cork took their time showing up on the pitch and were properly there by the second half.  But that won't win them an All Ireland.  They've lots to do if they want that trophy in September.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 01, 2010, 10:27:56 PM »

Ach not a real game unless they're carrying sticks - and then Kilkenny will win!!!

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 02, 2010, 12:18:14 PM »

Kilkenny can't play football, so they say it's not a real game.  Kerry can't play hurling so they say that's not a real game.  Cork play both.  And both are real games.  Granted we don't always play them well.  lol

MrsBoldie

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 03, 2010, 12:55:21 PM »

All my socks, other than my gym socks, are black with no patterns on it. Simples, there is no such thing as "Pair them up"...ny two make a pair.

Gym socks come in two varieties, all white but with only 2 different logos

Your socks may be all black dear but they are all different sizes and textures - not the main reason your sock fettish bothers me but it is frustrating!  and 50 pairs? yeah right, you have at least 100 and insist on taking them all on holiday!
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 03, 2010, 10:13:12 PM »

Ever have one of those days where you spend the entire day thinking it's a different day?  Well, today was Monday in my world.  Happens every bank holiday week-end for some reason.  I spend all of Tuesday thinking it's Monday.  You'd think I'd learn by now, but nope...was definitely Monday in my head.  

Mondays are either a 'gogogo' day or a proper chill day.  Nothing in between.  Tuesday is when I get things done if I've chilled on Monday.  Except that I thought today was my chill day.  And that's what I did.  All day.  And now I'm a day behind.  

Will take me until the end of the week to gather meself and actually know what day it is too.  Despite copping it this evening.  Really is baffling.  Don't know why my brain does this to me after a wee break.  But I could have done without the mix up this particular week.  lol  Sigh.      

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 03, 2010, 10:54:20 PM »

Sarah and her friend Laura are doing a gymnastics camp for three hours a day all this week.  It's a 30 minute drive each way so a few of us Mom's are covering it in rotation.  We do that with all of their sports interests as everything is usually a goodly bit away from where we live.  In turn the girls gang up on us (and each other) when something is on.

They've got it down to a fine art.  From once they hear about a new activity they've a conference on the mound with each other first.  Gauge interest within the group.  If only one is interested, the idea is scrapped.  If they can get even 2 or more from different families into the idea, that's when they go to the parents.  They've figured out  the likely hood of a 'yes' is greater when we can share the drives between us.  And round and round it goes.    

Today was my day off from gymnastics as I had the U16's football drive to do this evening.  Well, I thought I was to do that drive tomorrow evening...as it was Monday in my world all day.  lol  Wasn't until they started tearing around for their gear that the penny dropped for me.  So off we went to Dromtarriffe.  

Dromtarriffe were missing three key players due to summer holidays and they had no subs for the game.  Newmarket looked a strong side with plenty of subs to fall back on.  We were a wee bit worried before the start.  The other team looked so much stronger and has a great record to back them up.    

It was already bordering on obscene by half time with Dromtarriffe 3 - 7 vs  Newmarket 1 - 2.  For those of you who don't understand the scoring system - the first number is goals scored.  They're worth 3 points.  The second number is 'over the bar' scores and they're worth 1.  

The second half was far worse for Newmarket than the first.  Our girls played their hearts out and never even looked tired.  They ended it with a win bordering on cricket scores.  I was amazed to be honest.  Especially as there were a few of them after 3 hours of gymnastics right before the match!  They weren't supposed to beat that team.  

The drive home was lively to say the least.  They like travelling in my car as I let them have control of the radio station.  And the volume.  They don't realise it, but I'm having fun too.  
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 10:56:18 PM by Laxie » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 03, 2010, 11:11:29 PM »

My Mom has always said, 'She works better under pressure.'  We might disagree about other things in life, but she's not wrong there.  I'm much more focused when I'm under pressure.  Give me all the time in the world to do a job and the mind wanders.  Give me 5 minutes for the same job and it'll be done to perfection...or pretty damn close. 

So now I'm down a day and have a load of things to get done.  I'm away at the week-end, so tomorrow is my last chance to get the house in order for this week.  Laundry is overflowing at the minute.  Floors need looking after.  The usual carry on in a house shared by five.  Cue the music kids.  Or run for the hills.  But it's cleaning time!

Thursday Bridget wants me to go jeans shopping in the morning.  I don't want to, but she's insisted it's a must.  Sigh.  Have I mentioned how much I hate shopping for clothes?  Well, going through it is miles easier than dealing with the wrath of Bridget if I don't...so I'll grin and bear it.  I have a hair appointment in the afternoon.  Then it'll be a mad dash to the airport for my flight that evening. 

Didn't even get my passport for the trip until last Friday.  That sure was fun.  They wouldn't let me do it when I took the kids up for theirs as I had no 'imminent travel plans'.  Well, I knew I had, just wasn't sure when.  Anyway, made the mad dash to Dublin (minus the rest of the crew) first thing in the morning and was back home again for 3:30 that afternoon.  Had dinner on the table before 5:00.  No messing when I'm under pressure, see?

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 03, 2010, 11:15:05 PM »

All my socks, other than my gym socks, are black with no patterns on it. Simples, there is no such thing as "Pair them up"...ny two make a pair.

Your socks may be all black dear but they are all different sizes and textures - not the main reason your sock fettish bothers me but it is frustrating!  and 50 pairs? yeah right, you have at least 100 and insist on taking them all on holiday!

LMAO!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 03, 2010, 11:16:33 PM »

LMAO!

To be fair...as fetishes go, it could be worse!

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: August 04, 2010, 10:35:36 AM »

LMAO!

Sigh, MRsB just doesn't understand that running out of socks on holiday is not an option..and throwing them all in the bag is MUCH easier than counting out X nr of socks.

Actually, I ussually throw in the bag what I think I need and what seems reasonable.

and then I add approx 10 pairs "just to be sure" Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #551 on: August 04, 2010, 07:22:50 PM »

To be fair...as fetishes go, it could be worse!

What? He's a socks maniac! 

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 04, 2010, 08:27:53 PM »

I was the cleaning machine today.  Yep.  Not a single thing left to do apart from the mound of ironing I'm about to attack.  As usual, the music blared all the way through, but I found myself mostly glued to the likes of old U2 stuff. 

If you don't like U2 turn away now.  Nothing to see here.  But if you do, or even if you only like just one song...what's your fav song by U2?  Go on - hit me with them.

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #553 on: August 04, 2010, 08:30:05 PM »

Just going upstairs to the vinyl vault; brb.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: August 04, 2010, 09:01:49 PM »

Think this is my favourite.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: