blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:37:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 176666 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: February 09, 2011, 02:12:51 PM »

And with that, I must blast the tunes and get the floors 'round here hoovered and mopped.  I've just been informed - the in-laws will be here in an hour.  That's obv going to speed things up a bit.     Time to crank up the speakers and get moving.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 09, 2011, 02:29:24 PM »

And with that, I must blast the tunes and get the floors 'round here hoovered and mopped.  I've just been informed - the in-laws will be here in an hour.  That's obv going to speed things up a bit.     Time to crank up the speakers and get moving.

For your domestic issues (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Dawn)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

as for cleaning up b4 the visit just read them your poem hanging up in yr kitchen  Wink
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 09, 2011, 04:46:41 PM »

Blimey!  Didn't realise (forgot?) I'd even posted the words of that poem.  Not sure if it was in this thread or some other place, but no way you'd know what was hanging in the kitchen without paying attention.  Very deffo A+ for yer memory!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 09, 2011, 04:53:14 PM »

Blimey!  Didn't realise (forgot?) I'd even posted the words of that poem.  Not sure if it was in this thread or some other place, but no way you'd know what was hanging in the kitchen without paying attention.  Very deffo A+ for yer memory!

dunno why but it's just 1 of those things that stick in yr head..
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 09, 2011, 05:15:08 PM »

dunno why but it's just 1 of those things that stick in yr head..

Found the post in one of your threads.  That was two years ago and after re-reading the thread I can understand why it stuck.  How are Thomas and Charlie getting on these days?

For the rest of you...here's the poem hanging on the kitchen wall -

Excuse This House

Some houses try to hide the fact that children shelter there.
Ours boasts of it quite openly, the signs are everywhere.
For Smears are on the windows, little smudges on the doors;
I should apologise, I guess, for toys strewn on the floor.

But I sat down with the children and we played and laughed and read;
And if the doorbell doesn't shine, their eyes will shine instead.
For when at times I'm forced to choose the one job or the other
I want to have a tidy house, but first I am a mother.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: February 09, 2011, 06:19:42 PM »

Lily heads off for a shave down tomorrow.  She wasn't too thrilled with my trip to Bolton a couple of weeks ago.  Was told she kept running through the house looking for me.  She'd start at the sofa, off to the kitchen, then upstairs and through each room before coming back down to the sofa again...rinse repeat for well over an hour from what they said.  Then she'd take a break for a bit before going back at it again.  Apparently she didn't give up and accept the fact that I was gone until Sunday. 

Cassie was grand by all accounts.  She really has settled in well here with everyone, but she's also had more of everyone's time.  From the day Lily arrived, she was basically my pet.  The kids were too young to take her for walks on their own or feed her, so she's really stuck to me.  She loves everyone...but there's just that wee bit of something extra special between us.  She'll be well pissed off when she realises I'm gone away again.  Hence the grooming session.  She loves the shave down and is always that extra bit perky after it.  Hoping she won't be as cross when she's that going for her. 

The rubber 'brush' the kids brought back from America does a great job on Cassie and she loves having it done.  As soon as she sees it in one of our hands, she's stood at attention waiting for the grooming and stays there as long as you're willing to carry on.  She's not too keen on the bath tub though.  Much prefers a warm water sponge down in the back yard so I'll wait til the weather is a bit better before we go at that.

Sarah's already making plans for the Celtic Chaos trip in May.  She's said she's going to bring the pair of them up to Martin's pub so everyone can meet them.  Looking forward to it meself if truth be told.  All fine and well to ramble away here in posts.  And the odd picture now and then is good too.  But some things are just too hard for me to describe and unless you've met them, you'll never get what I'm on about.

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 09, 2011, 07:33:52 PM »

Theyr good thx,Charlie now 15 /2 and nearly as tall as me and thomas nearly 14 and  isnt far behind in the height stakes.Thomas played his 1st ever footy tournament 2 weeks ago
so Daddy is well proud of both Smiley

charlie is all over the bullying doing really well at school,A*'s projected

and he has played his 1st gig (although the snow buggered it up a bit) so they put singers on instead of Charlie doing vocals!!!

Charlie is wearing the green jacket  behind the singer

#Invalid YouTube Link#
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 09, 2011, 07:35:46 PM »

Fixed yer link and having a look now but delighted to hear things have picked up for them.  Was a tough time back then for all of you.  x

« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 07:40:52 PM by Laxie » Logged

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1148 on: February 10, 2011, 07:40:52 AM »

Theyr good thx,Charlie now 15 /2 and nearly as tall as me and thomas nearly 14 and  isnt far behind in the height stakes.Thomas played his 1st ever footy tournament 2 weeks ago
so Daddy is well proud of both Smiley

charlie is all over the bullying doing really well at school,A*'s projected

and he has played his 1st gig (although the snow buggered it up a bit) so they put singers on instead of Charlie doing vocals!!!

Charlie is wearing the green jacket  behind the singer

#Invalid YouTube Link#

Good to hear that mate

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 10, 2011, 09:29:24 AM »

So last night I was reg'd for the Sky 'Take on Tikay' tourney.  I'd reg'd for it earlier in the day, got the house in order and was just chilling from about 6pm on.  Except that come 7:30 I was having a hard time keeping the eyes open.  And by 8:15 I was in a coma.

Sinéad knew I had a tourney to play at 8:30 and tried her best to wake me by all accounts.  I still had the lappy open with the Sky lobby showing on screen.  So with 2 minutes to spare, she unreg'd me from the tourney and shut down the lappy. 

I didn't wake until 7:15 this morning.  Smart kid, her...so she is.  You lot would've had a field day with me blinds!  lol

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: February 10, 2011, 09:52:51 AM »

I sleep best when the house is in order and the mind is clear.  I've already mentioned the flip flopping belly regarding my upcoming trip.  Was really annoying because I couldn't figure out what the problem was.  I take those belly flips serious.  They're a bit of a 6th sense warning by me.  And I don't settle until the 'issue' comes to light.

Well, yesterday it hit me.  Was dancing and singing away to the music while I cleaned the house and - WHAM!  There it was.  I'm only nervous because I don't speak French and obv that's what mostly everyone in Paris will be speaking!  We all know how much I like to chatter away when given half a chance.  Apart from Mick and a few other friends I know will be there, I'm pretty much at a loss for anyone to speak to.  When those few are busy, I'm stuffed.

But once I knew the problem, was easy enough to get my head around it and find the positive.  I can just chill and enjoy the sights around me for the week-end.  No effort required.  And me belly stopped flip flopping.  RESULT!

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: February 10, 2011, 10:00:37 AM »

I sleep best when the house is in order and the mind is clear.  I've already mentioned the flip flopping belly regarding my upcoming trip.  Was really annoying because I couldn't figure out what the problem was.  I take those belly flips serious.  They're a bit of a 6th sense warning by me.  And I don't settle until the 'issue' comes to light.

Well, yesterday it hit me.  Was dancing and singing away to the music while I cleaned the house and - WHAM!  There it was.  I'm only nervous because I don't speak French and obv that's what mostly everyone in Paris will be speaking!  We all know how much I like to chatter away when given half a chance.  Apart from Mick and a few other friends I know will be there, I'm pretty much at a loss for anyone to speak to.  When those few are busy, I'm stuffed.

But once I knew the problem, was easy enough to get my head around it and find the positive.  I can just chill and enjoy the sights around me for the week-end.  No effort required.  And me belly stopped flip flopping.  RESULT!

I've always found that if you try to speak even a bit of french, the French (who to my experience all have a fair bit of english) will help you out, but only if you are polite enough to at least start with bonjour, use s'il vous plait & merci etc. A "Je suis desolee mais je ne parle pas bien le francais" early doors is helpful as well (I'm sorry but I don't speak french well).

Must admit I've loved going to France the times I've been, always found the French really friendly too, never been to Paris though.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1152 on: February 10, 2011, 10:03:16 AM »

Like Rodders McHunhun said, just apologise for not speaking French (using the line he used) and then speak English. You'll be grand, most people there speak English.

RoddieroddieRodrod, you coming to Killarney mate?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: February 10, 2011, 10:10:33 AM »

Phew!  In that case, today was planned perfectly.

I'm taking Sinéad out of school early.  Collect her at 2:00, run her home to change, gather Lily and then we're off to Tralee for Lily's 3:30 appointment.

She needs crickets for the lizard and I need help speaking French.  Sinéad's very good with French and German so she's said she'll help me learn a few things to get by on during the long drive to and from Tralee. 

She also reckons I need help shopping for a couple more outfits.  Turns out that's the main reason she wanted collecting early from school.  FML.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: February 10, 2011, 10:12:39 AM »

Like Rodders McHunhun said, just apologise for not speaking French (using the line he used) and then speak English. You'll be grand, most people there speak English.

RoddieroddieRodrod, you coming to Killarney mate?

Get a room FFS!    

Would be great to see you though Rod.  Been AGES!  Just stay out of Bolide's room.  Mrs. Boldie might have issues..maybe.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: