blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:28:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 508367 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: June 19, 2010, 10:16:13 PM »

Hes still around.

Someone had asked him on his Facebook wall yesterday if he was still ok to be team captain of the Pro Traders at a poker team event next month

so i just replied "I'm not totally convinced by Neil's ability to lead this team by example"

and its been deleted...

Ariston posted on his wall earlier today

'A mug and his money are soon parted. You don't treat mates like mugs' or something to that effect.

I checked back to see if there had been any more activity and he had deleted the post (Russ deleted him my bad)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 10:22:04 PM by Marky147 » Logged

d.c.

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: June 19, 2010, 10:30:15 PM »

Hes still around.

Someone had asked him on his Facebook wall yesterday if he was still ok to be team captain of the Pro Traders at a poker team event next month

so i just replied "I'm not totally convinced by Neil's ability to lead this team by example"

and its been deleted...

that was me. I only found out about all of this today when someone posted a link on the bf forum. I was chasing Blatch to see if he was coming to the annual live betfair poker tournament / get together
which we call the bfwcop. As it turns out I mentioned on bf I didn't know if he was coming as he seems to be somewhat of a high roller these days, liittle did I know! There is a team event and an individual
event and the team we have been on is called the pro traders, but I wouldn't read anything more into that as it was started by someone who does trade for a living. I'm not a pro trader nor have ever been
but I've played on their team the last couple of events, as has Blatch.

To be honest I had forgetten about the facebook msg until I saw the notification and reply and thought it would be best to delete it, which is what's been done. I do feel for anyone involved who has lost money
in this scam, especially when I recall the facebook updates regarding his Miami holiday and all the running good comments he has had lately.

Someone I used to work with got themselves into a similar position but through a genuine gambling problem and simply being unable to stop. Thankfully in that instance they were able to rectify the situation and repay the
sums that had been borrowed with the help of relatives. Although my head says its v unlikely I do hope some resolution can be made financially and peoples moneys refunded.

In the manual for a microwave oven... "Do not use for drying pets."
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 19, 2010, 10:36:23 PM »

Hes still around.

and its been deleted...

ha ha. back of the net.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 19, 2010, 10:53:38 PM »

finally reached the end.

amazing.

highstacks points should be noted, the spiralling addiction of gambling is all consuming for some and he happened to have the ability to get huge sums of money off people. i assume all started with good intentions, everything after that is just typical. he won't admit everything ever unless he gets serious help.

i did post on the first thread recently asking why he wasn't just making a fortune trading off his own dime if it was this easy for him. somehing definitely stank although i was as taken in as everybody else. when he was spunking huge dollars left right and centre did nobody think he must be making so much money to maintain this that it can't be real.

commiserations for those who've lost cash and friends over this.
Haviton
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 19, 2010, 10:55:49 PM »

Had an email off a friend who I recommended to put some savings into this at the start of the season asking how everything was going, told him that he def made more than he would of leaving it in the bank and he was looking forward to having the money for a hol etc at end of the year so now I feel like abit of a nob Sad

Playing 1k events and going on holiday after this happened seems pretty ridic, but I'm guessing your start of online poker  (rush poker challenge) was to try and win some money back for investors.

also out of curiosity if someone wanted to take legal action would they be able to?

I have never studied law but im guessing no as there was no contract and no guarentees.  At the end of the day it was an experiment and a gamble.  I might be wrong but i think if Blatch admited what he had done as soon as it happened then things would be alot better, for a start alot of late investers wouldn't have invested and the loss wouldn't be so great.  Secondly its the lie and the length of it that is probably pissing most people off and makes it a lot harder to stomach.

I'm also fairly annnoyed that he made the mistake twice, one thing before forgetful but with so much money at stake to forget or oversleep another trade after the first one is just (for want of a  better word) ridiculous.

Just from a legal point of view, he is in breach of FSA regulations (He is basically running an illegal fund of which he makes the sole decisions for the trades) and also he was accepting money after he had done his gonads in so a criminal act of Obtaining Propert (money) by deception.

This is not an attack, just a point of law.
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: June 19, 2010, 11:03:25 PM »

What a mess.  Shocked

PS Don't think this will rank high on the FSAs priorities right now.
Haviton
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: June 19, 2010, 11:07:57 PM »

What a mess.  Shocked

true, but I am amazed not one person has reported it to the police
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: June 19, 2010, 11:09:19 PM »

What a mess.  Shocked

Not sure how many pages back it was posted, but someone has reported it.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Haviton
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: June 19, 2010, 11:23:03 PM »

What a mess.  Shocked

Not sure how many pages back it was posted, but someone has reported it.

Thanks, i did try reading a bit but was sidetracked
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: June 19, 2010, 11:28:01 PM »

Page 57 of the original thread is quite disturbing. 17th jan which I believe is the day after the liverpool stoke game which blatch fell asleep for. This is a sequence between him and horner:

Horneris
#5 BH

Re: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
« Reply #846 on: January 17, 2010, 01:55:39 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blatch seems like a good guy, but i think i speak for a lot of people when i say that i hope one day when hes had his 80k matched on Betfair and goes down to the shop to buy some milk, that on his way back he stumbles into a hole in the ground and falls quite deep down and cant get out and has no signal on any of his devices and no one can hear his crys for help for days.

I hope eventually he is found reasonably safe and sound, but not until an 80k bet has either [ ] won or [X] lost.

Blatch

« Reply #849 on: January 17, 2010, 01:58:16 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Horneris on January 17, 2010, 01:55:39 PM
Blatch seems like a good guy, but i think i speak for a lot of people when i say that i hope one day when hes had his 80k matched on Betfair and goes down to the shop to buy some milk, that on his way back he stumbles into a hole in the ground and falls quite deep down and cant get out and has no signal on any of his devices and no one can hear his crys for help for days.

I hope eventually he is found reasonably safe and sound, but not until an 80k bet has either [ ] won or [X] lost.

Cant I just oversleep one day and not wake up in time to lay off?  Sounds more comfortable for me

Neil I'm really struggling here. I think a lot of us are waiting for this post including me.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: June 19, 2010, 11:32:40 PM »

Think its been established George that he didnt fall asleep.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: June 19, 2010, 11:34:08 PM »

I wonder if/what for Alex Martin got stung by him,this is a quote from Alex on Blatch's WSOP staking thread.

Re: WSOP Staking
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 04:37:48 AM »  

5% in the main please. ill sort out that other thing tomorrow m8, although at a glance looks fine.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #957 on: June 19, 2010, 11:34:52 PM »

Think its been established George that he didnt fall asleep.

Not neccesarily, i'm pretty sure he did fall asleep judging by the spreadsheet, he failed to trade off, but as it happens he won on the game as opposed to lost because liverpool failed to win (he laid pool for chunks).

HI HELEN!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: June 19, 2010, 11:35:47 PM »

I wonder if/what for Alex Martin got stung by him,this is a quote from Alex on Blatch's WSOP staking thread.

Re: WSOP Staking
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 04:37:48 AM »  

5% in the main please. ill sort out that other thing tomorrow m8, although at a glance looks fine.

ouch Sad

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TheoneTwo

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: June 19, 2010, 11:36:45 PM »

Page 57 of the original thread is quite disturbing. 17th jan which I believe is the day after the liverpool stoke game which blatch fell asleep for. This is a sequence between him and horner:

Horneris
#5 BH

« Reply #846 on: January 17, 2010, 01:55:39 PM » 

Blatch

« Reply #849 on: January 17, 2010, 01:58:16 PM » 

Quote from: Horneris on January 17, 2010, 01:55:39 PM

Cant I just oversleep one day and not wake up in time to lay off?  Sounds more comfortable for me

Neil I'm really struggling here. I think a lot of us are waiting for this post including me.

I dont get this i thought you and cos are in contact with him, chatting to him on the phone earlier etc?

or has he just dissapeared now? he was on here a few hours back but didnt post anything, lol @ the facebook stuff him removing comments, does he still think he can hide this and save his reputation lol! if you google; "neil blatchley blatch" the whole first page is just forums linking this story and discussing it including 2+2, punters lounge and the hendon mob.

cant believe some people are still taking this so lightly(mostly observers with nothing invested) saying how they hope everyone gets paid and how things may have just spiralled out of control for blatch, i really dont think some people are getting how big this is going to be.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: