blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:24:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  UKIPT Brighton thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UKIPT Brighton thread  (Read 20446 times)
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2010, 10:23:46 AM »

Dear Cheesie, Glad to see you have found the energy to jump to conclusions. If you read the thread from the start, you will see that I wasn't even on the premises. Having said that, the picture paints a thousand words. Let's face it, if you're going to act like an invertebrate you shouldn't be surprised if you're treated like one.

Would you seriously Sit down in a game where the other players at the table adopted the ridiculous position you adopted. Of course you wouldn't!

The term perverted sheister, might not be that far out. You showed lack of self-respect for yourself by sitting down in a poker game when you needed a night's sleep.

Man on the spot, took a closer look at the way you were sitting after he'd heard a couple of players on your table moaning about the way you were sitting during the break. I re-iterate what I said at the beginning of the thread: I blame the other players at the table for not taking action. Notwithstanding, that the Inspector should have done something about it.

Personally, I think you were attention seeking when you adopted the classic Audrey Hepburn position, what you were saying to the other players at table was: I can stuff you even when I'm half asleep. You're no cheat, just a fool to yourself.
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2010, 10:32:40 AM »

To D. Morgan, I'm new to this site, only here because I was maligned by the malignant, I'm no armchair warrior, I despise them. I live in the real world and have no problem calling people out. I haven't lost an argument since I was eight years old - fifty seven years ago. The reason being, I make sure I'm in the right before I open my mouth. I won't be in the comfort of my own home tonight! I'll be at the Rendezvous suffering the outdraws and any other outrage imposed on me. The reason I did not start winning argument until I was eight years old is because until the age of eight I was an Idiot Savant that never uttered a word.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2010, 11:38:22 AM »

Solid gold life coaching, ty sir

El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2010, 01:08:32 PM »

To D. Morgan, Thank You!  I hope those in year one don't post you up with a brown nose, spiffing fund and all that! Contrary to popular opinion I am not on the site seeking to make friends and influence people.
I'll leave you with a condensed version of Father William, from Lewis Carrol. When I was teaching in Tibet the students really used to love this:
( probably not faithful to the original due to a failing memory )

You are old! - said the youth - and your jaws are too weak for anything tougher than suet,
yet you finished the goose, with the bones and the beak. How did you manage to do it?
In my youth said the sage, I took to the law, and argued each point with my wife,
the force of these arguments strengthened my jaw and has lasted the rest of my life.

And to cheer up my detractors - I was made short shrift of last night when my Kings were busted by Aces, no I couldn't get away from it, this guy plays every pot and the straight I hit on the river was destroyed by my opponent hitting a backdoor flush.  All the best El Sid.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2010, 01:42:23 PM »

Cantankerous  (kn-tngkr-s)
adj.
1. Ill-tempered and quarrelsome; disagreeable

My problem is that I don't see what gives you the right to be policing this tournament or any other when

a) you weren't even there
b) the players at the table had no problems, or at least not enough to say anything
c) the tournament staff had no grievances at all

You're trying to give someone a reputation as a cheat with your ridiculously flimsy argument which is increasingly looking like a personal vendetta. Pretty funny since you could walk past the guy in the street and not know who he is, yet you so stubbornly maintain that he's a cheat.

Can we have some Dickens next time please? Carrol isn't really my thing

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2010, 01:47:45 PM »

To D. Morgan, I'm new to this site, only here because I was maligned by the malignant, I'm no armchair warrior, I despise them. I live in the real world and have no problem calling people out. I haven't lost an argument since I was eight years old - fifty seven years ago. The reason being, I make sure I'm in the right before I open my mouth. I won't be in the comfort of my own home tonight! I'll be at the Rendezvous suffering the outdraws and any other outrage imposed on me. The reason I did not start winning argument until I was eight years old is because until the age of eight I was an Idiot Savant that never uttered a word.

The suggestion that this chap was attention seeking by adopting a certain position, or cheating, and the suggestion he felt his poker abilities were superior even in his below par state is all conjecture and speculation. If the secret to your argumentative success is always making sure you're right before you open your mouth I would give conjecture and speculation a wide berth in the future. Or perhaps your proud record will come to an end. If you want to argue with me about the validity of my point you will almost certainly be facing your first defeat. But please keep calm and carry on as I'm enjoying your posts.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2010, 03:07:54 PM »

The suggestion that this chap was attention seeking by adopting a certain position, or cheating, and the suggestion he felt his poker abilities were superior even in his below par state is all conjecture and speculation. If the secret to your argumentative success is always making sure you're right before you open your mouth I would give conjecture and speculation a wide berth in the future. Or perhaps your proud record will come to an end. If you want to argue with me about the validity of my point you will almost certainly be facing your first defeat. But please keep calm and carry on as I'm enjoying your posts.

Mantis sums it up perfectly.

Click to see full-size image.

L67C
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2010, 03:49:39 PM »

[ x ] El Sid has more chips than McDonalds on his shoulder
[ ] El Sid likes young people
[ x ] El Sid will be falling asleep himself at the table soon enough
[ ] El Sid will understand these checkboxes
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2010, 04:08:40 PM »

To D. Morgan, Skol Super QC and Mantisoi:  First a quote from Dickens: Cheap as Chips.
I'm trying to work out where you three are coming from, I note from your background info that you are all genderless, not suprising. I note that one of you has actually spent over 77 days in a coatroom. I believe you are all one and the same. I have dealt with multiple personalities before and the best way to handle them is to deal with the dominant personality which is in this case Mantiso.

Mantiso to prove that you are not a figment of your own imagination, you are welcome to the argument you seek, with the proviso that we can see the whites of each others eyes.

As for Cheesey, He laid his head on the table and laid himself wide open any kind of speculation. What kind of fool puts himself in that position to start with. I'm not out to ruin his reputation, just to straighten his back. ( expect some prat to come in with a sexual innuendo )
Cheezy is probably as honourable as you like and sends three quid a week home to his old mum. Who cares. I don't want to see somebody else's cards even by accident. That's why I don't sit with my head on the table.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2010, 04:17:06 PM »

Sid I'm a little confused.

As a man who seems to not have too many cares in the world and just lets things brush by why are you so keen for this person to alter his posture?

I don't wish to get in to an argument obviously because I hate losing I'm just curious as to why it bothers you so?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2010, 04:21:50 PM »

Blonde bipolar itt.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2010, 04:26:56 PM »

To El Vipie, You, of the body beautiful, should know more than most of how cheesie will end up if he slouches for the rest of his life. Curvature of the spine is no joke! Was wondering when you would crop up again El Vipie, Reliable to the last.
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2010, 04:34:33 PM »

To: L67c.  Dear David at least you exist. Love your work on Coronation Street, and pleased that the script allowed for you to bed the little lovely, You will always get work as comedians are brilliant at acting. As they say in the business - break a leg!
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2010, 04:41:57 PM »

El Vipie                      haha   love it

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2010, 04:48:25 PM »

To Booder, Nice to see a smiling face, at least you managed to work out what your gender was and post it on your profile. Someone called them Bloodhounds the other day, what an insult to bloodhounds!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: