blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 10:21:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272935 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Reasons why I ask is it worth it?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reasons why I ask is it worth it?  (Read 78612 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 13, 2010, 03:41:25 PM »

One of the things that irratates me more than anything in these situations is people that come on threads like this and say...

"when will you idiots learn not to lend people money"
"you knew he was shady, so you get what you deserve imo"
"what, WTF are people wishing him good luck when he's ripped people off for $40k"

when i started out in poker it was an absolute dream, Spent all day lounging about, going on ridiculous night outs, expensive meals £100-200 btls of wine, drunken sessions in the pits, BALLIN about i called it.

I had a pretty big BR, then i got into a financial commitment with my family i couldnt get out of cos id "loose face" (ended up lying and continiung to lie to my own family) I refused to stop BALLLIN about just thought "meh it'l all be - it normally is" then i ran spark out of money, as in £0.00, was winning at poker, but making bad decision after bad decision and my pathetic lust for the "lifestyle" had drained me - i got into a big debt hole, but not from grimming, I went to my friends, and explained the situation, they lent me money (quite a bit between them) I took longer than i promised to pay the money back which dissapointed me, but I got it sorted.

Without this help it would have been GG, GTFO, WP, do you have a tesco clubcard for me, so im in debted to my friends for this and hope an oppurtunity to repay their kindness comes up in the future. so people saying "why do you continue to lend your "poker-friends" money, when will you learn" can gfy because its not all like this - I've lost tons of money lifetime from lending/swaps etc, im shrewder now, but im still too niave and semi easy to grim, and I hope i never change. People who can log onto forums and make blanket statements like this have no clue about how the poker world operates...

So i understand how this situation crops up, and its FKIN EASY to find urself in it.

The point of this is. poker brings the worst in people out, its not like anything else where procedure and guildlines govern behaviour, people like Marc (who i'v known personally for a while) who are not bad guys at the core, become obsessed and fixated by the poker world (and experiences like the ones i mention)  - not the game itself, but the ego-driven, imagine essential bullshit that drives people like Marc to what he is now, self-obsessed and deluded about what important, and sacrificed friends/decentcy etc to maintain this pointless appearance.

The week before Marc's $232k bink I was chatting to him and he said he wanted a break from poker, said he had 100% belief in his MTT game but HE was his own worst enemy (too degen...) 2weeks later, on "last chance sunday" he's won $232k and playing CTS and Skjervoy 25/50 on stars....

i refuse to flame the guy, or wish him GL either for that matter cos he's lied to me a lot (trying to nip me even the is week before all this came out) but tell him what he already knows, your a fkin idiot marc, no-one doubts your sick at MTTs, you can make money from poker for sure, but no-one was ever impressed with the whole ego, brovado, big guy show in the first place so from this moment on drop it, get your head in order, and start afresh. I dont doubt for a second that you'll be back, and next time, forget imagine, STUPID P5s leaderboards, AND play it straight ffs. And Im not saying this from an arrogant judgemental viewpoint, someone has been through similar times, and wouldn't mind seeing you back on your feet.

This stuff is always going to happen, cos this is poker. And WP to COS yet again....you're nearly in position now to borrow unlimited amounts of anyone on here lol, epic pre-grim?

We'll sorry if I disagree, but fuck me here's a novel suggestion for next time you or anyone else goes busto, get a job like the rest of us? Is that such a ridiculous suggestion? What if you do the money you have borrowed, borrow more?

And yes I am in the don't lend people money camp, people who go busto should sort out their lives like the rest of us minnows who have to work properly for a living. I know your going to disagree but meh..............

I also think getting a job instead of borrowing is probably the grounding experience a lot of pros need. Though I would expect 99% would never do it.

+1. Alot of "pros" have no idea of the value of money.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 13, 2010, 03:47:05 PM »

I wish Neil "Bad Beat" Channing would post on this thread his experiences.

His fall from super balla to busto and owing the world money to where he is today is documented, but probably not as well documented as it should be.

The one thing Neil did was be totally honest with the people he owed when he was busto. He didn't hide and he always let them know the situation.

He didn't get a job but he did drop down massively in stakes and ground his bollocks off sports betting on betfair.

Marc and quite a few others might learn some valuable lessons from Neil's story.

Perhaps he's saving it for his autobiography!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 03:50:41 PM by The Camel » Logged

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 13, 2010, 03:52:44 PM »

im hungry

Keep making a joke of it

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
dean23price

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 13, 2010, 04:11:35 PM »

was  i making a joke of it?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 13, 2010, 04:15:53 PM »

was  i making a joke of it?

Seemed that way.

Was your comment constructive in any way?

If it was relevant to the thread, explain how.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 13, 2010, 04:17:41 PM »

One of the things that irratates me more than anything in these situations is people that come on threads like this and say...

"when will you idiots learn not to lend people money"
"you knew he was shady, so you get what you deserve imo"
"what, WTF are people wishing him good luck when he's ripped people off for $40k"

when i started out in poker it was an absolute dream, Spent all day lounging about, going on ridiculous night outs, expensive meals £100-200 btls of wine, drunken sessions in the pits, BALLIN about i called it.

I had a pretty big BR, then i got into a financial commitment with my family i couldnt get out of cos id "loose face" (ended up lying and continiung to lie to my own family) I refused to stop BALLLIN about just thought "meh it'l all be - it normally is" then i ran spark out of money, as in £0.00, was winning at poker, but making bad decision after bad decision and my pathetic lust for the "lifestyle" had drained me - i got into a big debt hole, but not from grimming, I went to my friends, and explained the situation, they lent me money (quite a bit between them) I took longer than i promised to pay the money back which dissapointed me, but I got it sorted.

Without this help it would have been GG, GTFO, WP, do you have a tesco clubcard for me, so im in debted to my friends for this and hope an oppurtunity to repay their kindness comes up in the future. so people saying "why do you continue to lend your "poker-friends" money, when will you learn" can gfy because its not all like this - I've lost tons of money lifetime from lending/swaps etc, im shrewder now, but im still too niave and semi easy to grim, and I hope i never change. People who can log onto forums and make blanket statements like this have no clue about how the poker world operates...

So i understand how this situation crops up, and its FKIN EASY to find urself in it.

The point of this is. poker brings the worst in people out, its not like anything else where procedure and guildlines govern behaviour, people like Marc (who i'v known personally for a while) who are not bad guys at the core, become obsessed and fixated by the poker world (and experiences like the ones i mention)  - not the game itself, but the ego-driven, imagine essential bullshit that drives people like Marc to what he is now, self-obsessed and deluded about what important, and sacrificed friends/decentcy etc to maintain this pointless appearance.

The week before Marc's $232k bink I was chatting to him and he said he wanted a break from poker, said he had 100% belief in his MTT game but HE was his own worst enemy (too degen...) 2weeks later, on "last chance sunday" he's won $232k and playing CTS and Skjervoy 25/50 on stars....

i refuse to flame the guy, or wish him GL either for that matter cos he's lied to me a lot (trying to nip me even the is week before all this came out) but tell him what he already knows, your a fkin idiot marc, no-one doubts your sick at MTTs, you can make money from poker for sure, but no-one was ever impressed with the whole ego, brovado, big guy show in the first place so from this moment on drop it, get your head in order, and start afresh. I dont doubt for a second that you'll be back, and next time, forget imagine, STUPID P5s leaderboards, AND play it straight ffs. And Im not saying this from an arrogant judgemental viewpoint, someone has been through similar times, and wouldn't mind seeing you back on your feet.

This stuff is always going to happen, cos this is poker. And WP to COS yet again....you're nearly in position now to borrow unlimited amounts of anyone on here lol, epic pre-grim?

We'll sorry if I disagree, but fuck me here's a novel suggestion for next time you or anyone else goes busto, get a job like the rest of us? Is that such a ridiculous suggestion? What if you do the money you have borrowed, borrow more?

And yes I am in the don't lend people money camp, people who go busto should sort out their lives like the rest of us minnows who have to work properly for a living. I know your going to disagree but meh..............

+1

I don't see how being a good poker player or being "sick" at MTT's is a redeeming feature. It's like being told the guy who burgled your house is good at snooker. So the fuck what?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2010, 04:19:36 PM »

I wish Neil "Bad Beat" Channing would post on this thread his experiences.

His fall from super balla to busto and owing the world money to where he is today is documented, but probably not as well documented as it should be.

The one thing Neil did was be totally honest with the people he owed when he was busto. He didn't hide and he always let them know the situation.

He didn't get a job but he did drop down massively in stakes and ground his bollocks off sports betting on betfair.

Marc and quite a few others might learn some valuable lessons from Neil's story.

Perhaps he's saving it for his autobiography!

This reminds me of an interview Snoopy and I did with Greg Raymer for blonde a few years ago the EPT in Dublin (the year Roland won it). Raymer actually said he felt it was actually a good thing if potentially top young players went broke early on in their careers so they would know exactly how it feels as it can often be the only way to realise how important BR management and not being a donk degen actually is.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2010, 04:22:03 PM »

Being a "sick" MTT player is the easiest job in the world playing with other peoples money!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
dean23price

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 13, 2010, 04:34:26 PM »

how does half the shit on here even make sense or be constructive..marc's fucked up, none of us knew this was going on. the ppl who lent money will get there money back.. hasnt even got anything to do with me just funny what some ppl write.. i suggest in the future if ppl are lending money and havent recieved it back within 24/48hrs and the person starts acting weird.. they post on here and let ppl know...incase if happens again.. i live with marc and didnt even know this was going on.. and he was still acting the same to me.. be or dont be is friend. hes fucked up too many times i wouldnt blame anyone for never speaking to him again.but they will get there money back.. if there is any problems email me or something.. always been a str8 person, honest person and nt afraid to tell the truth..if  u wanna know anything il answer best i can. or let me know who he owes etc..
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 13, 2010, 04:38:25 PM »

GreekStein you either have terrible judgment or are the unluckiest guy walking with regards to friends in poker.

Blatch,Riverdave and now Railtard.

Run better imo.

I think it's a bit of both. I have been friendly with all three but wouldn't count them amongst my 'friends in poker' and I'm sure they wouldn't count me as the same.

If Hopkin, Boshi, Pie, Toby etc ever grim me though, guarantee I'll never touch another card again.

fml known you longer than all those clowns,lol guess that means you dont mind if i grim you  Grin

I reckon I could easily mistake Cos for a monkey Grin

Fyp

to Cos

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 13, 2010, 05:03:42 PM »

Don't know if it was a joke or not but somebody on the 2+2 thread mentioned Jamie Sykes intended to loan him $50k  Shocked

If you really dont know if that is a joke Murf, then fyl.

Yes you're right,fml for not knowing if it was a joke or not when I know none of the parties involved personally.

I mean it's not like there's a history in poker of proven grimmers being given chance after chance by other players or anything.
Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 13, 2010, 05:06:03 PM »

John Shipley a legend in the gambling world. Massive punter

Grinds a lot of PLO on Stars as well iirc? saphire1?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: August 13, 2010, 05:13:59 PM »

GreekStein you either have terrible judgment or are the unluckiest guy walking with regards to friends in poker.

Blatch,Riverdave and now Railtard.

Run better imo.

I think it's a bit of both. I have been friendly with all three but wouldn't count them amongst my 'friends in poker' and I'm sure they wouldn't count me as the same.

If Hopkin, Boshi, Pie, Toby etc ever grim me though, guarantee I'll never touch another card again.

fml known you longer than all those clowns,lol guess that means you dont mind if i grim you  Grin

I reckon I could easily mistake Cos for a monkey Grin

Fyp

to Cos

Geo

Biggest LOL of the day so far.  Nh sir

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 13, 2010, 05:18:42 PM »

John Shipley a legend in the gambling world. Massive punter

Grinds a lot of PLO on Stars as well iirc? saphire1?

Indeed.

Big greyhound punter back in the day (pre betfair).

Great bloke, great player.

hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 13, 2010, 05:55:52 PM »

I would like to be the first to publicly thank Arbboy for outing another grimmer- excellent work.

With any luck this thread will prompt another appearance from Tradeking too.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: