blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:19:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272831 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Reasons why I ask is it worth it?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reasons why I ask is it worth it?  (Read 78171 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: November 10, 2010, 04:36:49 PM »

makes no odds who pays people back.  This thread just goes to show how cliquely/twofaced this forum is.

hi arbboy

FYP

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 10, 2010, 04:44:14 PM »

What difference does it make to someone who doesnt like someone if someone they dont really know does like that person?

Im pretty sure that Blatch could have carried on posting on here and it would have all been forgotten about a couple of weeks after his mum bailed him out.

At the end of the day the place is full of degenerate gamblers who constantly lie about their finances, just because these guys have cocked up big time, doenst really make them that different to those who are yet to slip up.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
the rage

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 10, 2010, 05:19:33 PM »

I dont see how saying that everyone deserves a second chance, and wishing someone else from the Blonde poker community Best of Luck in dealing with their particular gambling related problems should be seen as two faced or cliquey.
 I've never met Marc, or Neil Blatchley for that matter, but, for what it's worth, i would give them both a second chance. It's got nothing to do with wanting to be in any clique.
 It's just the way i roll. One possible reason may be the fact that i worked in the gambling industry for many years and saw on a pretty regular basis how easy it is for problem gambling to screw up the lives of perfectly decent people.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 05:22:26 PM by the rage » Logged
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 10, 2010, 05:31:14 PM »

think people have a bit more respect for somebody who has tryed to graft their nuts off to pay people back(never seen anyone play more volume, starts regging at like 9pm or whatever, then if u search him every few hours he adds more tourneys and continues to for like 12 hours,then does the same the next night), rather than relying on their family to pay people back for them. Also, Neil hasnt returned to the forum saying he has changed or anything so there isnt really a thread for people to say they are giving him a second chance etc
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 10, 2010, 05:52:52 PM »

Everyone's entilted to an opinion, you all have free choices to do what you  like, it's your life, but if you live by the sword, you die by the sword. Out of intrest, seeing as half these ppl on the forum are so up his backside, in the future, however long it may be, when Marc Wright comes on msn/facebook and says he needs 1-5k to play comps, as the money has not cleared on his full tilt account and he needs to play stars, are you going to be shipping the $$ over to him, seeing as it's only for a few days etc? Just politely YES or NO will do?

Would be interesting to see what people would do in this situation.

One thing is for sure, he is not going to make any impact on my life whatsoever, whether he makes a million or loses a million, it's not going to change my life, I am not friends with people just so that I can ask favours/staking, I'm friends with others because I like them as people, and they hve certain qualities that I like.

Fact is I started the thread, because I think what he did was wrong, and for me personally, I still think what he is doing is wrong, I don't see any comments about how has got professional help with his problems, just that he is the best player in the uk, and he is paying people back there money, so in a round about way, there are certain people on here, including himself who are trying to say that I look an idiot and trying to make me look bad.

The only person who holds a dishonest, and untrustworthy reputation with fellow players is Marc Wright.
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 10, 2010, 05:59:32 PM »

I dont think I will lend any body money over the internet
its so easy to get scammed

Just me
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 10, 2010, 06:02:51 PM »

Lend us a tenner Paul Ho.

I promise to ship you £9.99 back in return.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 10, 2010, 06:04:59 PM »

I probably wouldnt lend him money for poker- but id more than happily buy pieces of him at spot. He knows this too i assume.

Is this wrong? I think i even posted on a gutshot thread where u wanted backing at 1.8 or 2.0-1 lol, and offered to buy 50% at spot of u- so i give everyone a chance
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 10, 2010, 06:07:31 PM »

what r u gonna use the money for

Just me
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 10, 2010, 06:08:58 PM »

what r u gonna use the money for

Kfc

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 10, 2010, 06:12:27 PM »

My friend dd not lend Marc money.

He transfered him money on one site in return for the same transfer on another.

Marc did not send his share of the deal.

This is 100x times worse than borrowing money and not paying back imo.

If you lend someone money, you know there is a small chance of not getting paid prmoptly, in this instance my friend would never have made the transfer if he thought there wasn't going to be money coming back to him on another site immediately.

I won't be buying shares or having any financial dealings with Marc.

However, I do wish him well, he's obviously a really good player and gambling sickness aside he seems like a nice bloke.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 10, 2010, 06:16:17 PM »

If you lend someone money, you know there is a small chance of not getting paid prmoptly, in this instance my friend would never have made the transfer if he thought there wasn't going to be money coming back to him on another site immediately.

However, I do wish him well, he's obviously a really good player and gambling sickness aside he seems like a nice bloke.

Obviously its bad, but its not exactly uncommon and whoever requests the transfer should always send first etc.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 10, 2010, 06:20:09 PM »

I probably wouldnt lend him money for poker- but id more than happily buy pieces of him at spot. He knows this too i assume.

Is this wrong? I think i even posted on a gutshot thread where u wanted backing at 1.8 or 2.0-1 lol, and offered to buy 50% at spot of u- so i give everyone a chance

In my question, I said nothing about staking, I was asking about the site to site transfer/exchanges?

I know you offered to buy a piece of me, and I accept what your saying in you would buy a share in him, that's your business, if you buy a share in him, you see him play the comp, if he wins you have only that trust issue you have to overcome, to get your share of the winnings back, but like I said it's your choice, your life etc.

I am certianly not going to look like a prat, for trying to help other posters, know what he had been doing, so it could stop, and people would actually have a chance to get there $$$ back before it got ridic to omuch, where everyone would lose out.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 10, 2010, 06:25:30 PM »

And in my honest opinion, if the guy was that nice, and had changed so much, like he and so many others keep saying, then He would come on here, or pm me a message, THANKING me for getting it out in the open, so he could turn his life around, and become a more controlled gambler, because from what I have seen, it would of just carried on for much longer, and the guy would of got himself so far in debt, it would of been a lot more longer and a lot more pain to overcome to !.) pay ppl back, and 2.) get some sort of reputation back.

But I'm afraid him just coming on slating me over and over, and trying to highlight my mistakes in my life, (even tho I am only hurting myself and no one else), just shows me that he has not changed, and he actually does not think what he did was wrong, and he still has his head in the clouds.

So for all these reasons, that is why I feel so strongly about it.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 10, 2010, 06:26:50 PM »

Obviously its bad, but its not exactly uncommon and whoever requests the transfer should always send first etc.

From an unknown it's bad.

From someone you know pretty well, it's far worse imo.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: