blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:51:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 327 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1425141 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4830 on: April 11, 2014, 04:48:18 PM »

He was a bit of a baddie in Buffy, that one. Caleb?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: April 13, 2014, 08:55:49 AM »

Yesterday was a random day.

I woke up very early and feeling great and decided to play the 2k ftops. After I busted ak v JJ I was really struggling with energy levels and really wanted to get to sleep ASAP for today and have a really good sleep. I got to bed at 3ish properly but then frustratingly woke again at 7.30. It's really annoying as I know I'm going to be tired later. Going to try and have as many things as possible to help me. Fruits, water, red bull, sports drinks etc. we have a masseuse coming around again and she will probably send me to sleep.

Huge huge day though. Playing the winamax 1k. The scoop man event, ftops man event recently and lots of other hsmtts.

Good luck if anybody is grinding.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: April 13, 2014, 11:51:32 AM »

When your getting tired have a massage then drink two pints of cold water. Normally wakes me right up!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: April 13, 2014, 03:03:29 PM »

Picken strengthens team Budapest? Heard it all now! What has he ever won?

Won the 55 Saturday H/L 6m for 3.2k. Lost @ 5/10 though for a marginal day either way.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: April 13, 2014, 03:15:03 PM »

Won the 55 Saturday H/L 6m for 3.2k. Lost @ 5/10 though for a marginal day either way.

Congrats on the result Adam. Are you in Budapest full time now?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: April 13, 2014, 03:18:03 PM »

So what your saying is you didn't win Wink

Good luck today bros!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: April 14, 2014, 12:45:41 PM »

Yesterday was a pretty frustrating day. I ran pretty cold in almost every one of my big tournaments, wont bitch about any of the exit hands but in almost all the majors was very unlucky, but thats fine I knew a bad Sunday was coming. With one tournament left of the night, I cashed for just over 1.5k in the Sunday 530, but the guy I swapped with chopped it meaning we had a basically breakeven Sunday, which was very nice to wake up to.

I have thought a lot about investing, finance, property etc etc.

I decided that what I know best is poker, I have a lot of friends who know all MTT regs, their styles, if they are on heaters etc and decided Im going to start investing a lot of money into poker. Its what I know, Im extremely critical of others so Im not going to just go buy in every package, I will question a lot of packages privately and spend more time researching the people behind the packages and making sure the investments are plus ev. I am going to create a big google document and manage it properly, breaking it down into specific categories and then evaluating the roi every month, 3 months, 6 months and then I guess in 1 year. With poker, if I do it wisely, there is always that chance of a "big bink" which when the rois are reasonably small (way bigger than anything IRL I can invest in) means it is relatively high variance, but I should be ok. Im taking on a lot of smaller variance horses too hopefully in terms of cash game players that I can also use my expertise for and help increase that roi.

In before busto!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: April 14, 2014, 02:13:20 PM »

Lol, one of the guys who won ftops main last night was the reason I played PLO5 10k last week.. This week could get messy!

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: April 14, 2014, 03:42:26 PM »

Sure some people on here might disagree with me but I would strongly urge you to rethink your decision to invest in staking heavily.

You obviously know a lot more people that I do in the poker world but there seems to be a lot of issues and heartache when people have to walk away from staking people.
The variance of having a lot of stakees can obviously all fall at the wrong time and cause you huge issues.

I know you like to support the community and coach players and setting a side an amount to do this seems sensible.

However I think you should be putting the lions share of your investible money into something with less variables and more secure long term prospects.

I am sure there is every chance you could prove me wrong, and if anyone can it would be 'BITB' but I just wonder where all this is going long term for a lot of people.
Long term is what you want to be locking up when you don't really know where we poker will be in 5 years time.

Just two cents from a concerned thread lurker

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: April 14, 2014, 03:43:59 PM »

Also it feels like an "all eggs in one basket".

If poker goes to the shit pan over the next 2/3 years then you have all your money invested in one industry rather than spreading it around.

Obvisouly the up side of that is if poker booms again then your eggs are in the right basket

"ace high"

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4840 on: April 14, 2014, 03:59:27 PM »

I'm old and shit at poker.

Therefore, I also think you are mad to invest heavily into staking. By heavily I obv mean most of your new found wealth.

Before you even consider the variance and toughness of the games, what about all the hassles that comes with vetting horses, managing them on downswings, making sure they don't grim you, making sure they don't fuck off when they get heavily in makeup and go elsewhere, making sure they are not degens etc etc.

What if there is another Black Friday and all your stakee money is on a site? We will still probably look back on these days as the old west in terms of how poker was regulated.

I say this as a concerned buddy and fanboy, there is no doubt you are a shit hot player, but I sometimes fear you feel the need to prove your commitment to the game at the expense of your own well being. You'll hate yourself if in a few years from now you had lost a big chunk of it and, for example, couldn't get on the property market because of a poker related career gap on your CV or something. IMO you should use the big scores to do things to remind yourself how poker has been good to you - a holiday, a fancy car, a big deposit on a house. Something that no matter what happens at the tables, nobody can take away from you. Stop and smell the roses and all that.

Of course if you strongly disagree wanna stick me in EPT London?
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: April 14, 2014, 04:16:09 PM »

I have no doubt in your ability to spot a profitable poker player etc. My concern would be similar to Barry's is how time consuming looking after a stable of horses is, when you are full time grinding yourself. As far as I am aware most of the staking success stories have been when people either take the staking as their full time gig, with a bit poker on the side or get someone to do the logistics for them.

simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: April 14, 2014, 04:22:25 PM »

diversify, diversify and then diversify some more....

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: April 14, 2014, 04:40:16 PM »

Yeah plus 1 to the no staking advice.  Certainly not all of your recent binks!  Use some of it on tangible stuff
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: April 14, 2014, 04:42:14 PM »

do it on hookers/drugs/crazy nights and degen sports bets and not on playing poker tournaments Smiley

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 327 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: