blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:25:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 385 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1416092 times)
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #5700 on: August 31, 2014, 03:40:45 AM »

obv holiday

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: August 31, 2014, 03:47:41 AM »

It is natural to feel guilty about leaving your studies and the thing you've worked so very hard on - devoted your life to and made many sacrifices asking the way - for a few days with old mates.

But it is ok to have "you time". Every job has holidays and you don't become less effective or less of a person for taking a break to do something that makes you happy that doesn't involve poker.

That is, if you actually do want to go.

There's an old expression: never agree to go to a dinner party in the future that you wouldn't go to tonight. 

Well done again on the pokerz.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: August 31, 2014, 04:53:23 AM »

100% wcoop, plenty of time to holiday later. If u knew this holiday was set why did u not ask your friends to change the month??

Think you put too much into poker to take breaks on the 3 biggest weeks of the online calendar.

Not even about the money, more the sense of achievement to get that elusive wcoop win IMO.

Win the main and take them all on a weekend to Amsterdam, problem solved.

Gl

P.s can we have some pictures of the finest fillet steak please!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: August 31, 2014, 08:07:31 AM »

100% wcoop, plenty of time to holiday later. If u knew this holiday was set why did u not ask your friends to change the month??

Think you put too much into poker to take breaks on the 3 biggest weeks of the online calendar.

Not even about the money, more the sense of achievement to get that elusive wcoop win IMO.

Gl

It is only 3 weeks if we exclude SCOOP, TCOOP, big Winamax weeks, FTOPS and offline stuff like the WSOP, EPT Grand final, London, Barcelona, a couple of weeks at DTD etc

Mates definitely.  Just too easy to lose touch with them because of poker.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: August 31, 2014, 08:08:19 AM »

It is natural to feel guilty about leaving your studies and the thing you've worked so very hard on - devoted your life to and made many sacrifices asking the way - for a few days with old mates.

But it is ok to have "you time". Every job has holidays and you don't become less effective or less of a person for taking a break to do something that makes you happy that doesn't involve poker.

That is, if you actually do want to go.

There's an old expression: never agree to go to a dinner party in the future that you wouldn't go to tonight. 

Well done again on the pokerz.

Yes yes, I am EXACTLY the same with Dinner Party invites, I'm very selective.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: August 31, 2014, 10:59:43 AM »

People go to work so that they can afford to do nice things with friends and family,  hols are 1 of the best ways to enjoy life and make some great memories. What would be the point of working so hard all year and having the great results if u cant go away and enjoy the fruits of ur labour.

You are only young once and you are in a privileged position to be able to afford to do what you like when you like. Make the most of it while you can cos you are approaching the age where your friends will soon be starting too settle down have families etc,  there will become less and less chances to go away as big group. Memories are priceless and there will always be festivals and tournies etc but how often will you get chance to go away with the lads.

You never know you might have a terrible series and feel frustrated and burnt out, you may break many more mouses and really regret not going away when u here all the great stories of what the lads got upto. Even if you did have a great result is it really gonna make such a diff to ur life that its worth missing out on. How much do u really NEED to win this year? IMO u need to reward yourself for ur hard work and success or what the point of working so hard in the 1st place. The break will prob even do u good and u will come back fresher and even more successful .. if that's poss. GL have a great time.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: August 31, 2014, 11:06:44 AM »

Just do what I usually do, win one of the first few wcoops and then go on holiday for 2 weeks and come back for the main Wink
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: August 31, 2014, 12:16:12 PM »

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! HOLIDAAYYYYYY!!!!!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: August 31, 2014, 12:43:01 PM »

Gl

Cheesy
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: August 31, 2014, 01:45:04 PM »

Beyond frustrating night Cheesy

Got a 7th in 100r jj<at for 45bbs

2nd in the winamax hr lost hu with a 9/1 chip lead though Cheesy

6th in 55r aq<a9, aj<t9

5th .fr 250 top pair vs fd

Had some really crazy runs in a few others too. I've changed my style completely over the last 10 days and made 12
Big final tables. I'm really happy with the transition of my game and how I've tweaked things and I'm constantly
Getting huge stacks and crushing towards the final tables but just annoying to not close any kf them. Will go over all the fts before a huge session tomorrow but pretty sure it's just really bad beats.

Anyway cashed 8 or 9k and only Regged a few hours so on the scorecard it

Will look like a good day but my poor broken mouse thinks otherwise.

Morale is low but confidence is high.

Had my first fizzy drink today in over 2 months, I played football in middle of the day and lost a lot of energy and the shop had no sports drink so I had a can of sprite. Felt kind of bad but I guess not the end if the world.

Really looking forward to wcoop but have a pretty big dilemma. I have a weeks holiday booked right in the middle of wcoop when some f the best tournaments are on but the group of friends are my best friends from home who I haven't seen in years. I am however going to london for ept so I will be able to see them there. Would you guys recommend grinding wcoop or going for the weeks vacation in the middle? I have flights boomed and would pay accommodation to the guys still if I didn't go.

It probably sounds like I dknt want to go but it couldn't be further from the truth. It would be more anticipated than almost any other holiday I could go on now and it's a great group of my best friends but wcoop is one month a year and
I'm a professional poker player and I'm still going to be able to see them 3 weeks later at london.

What do you guys think the best line is?

1) wish my bad beats still resulted in $8-9k night, come and grind some micros with 4k of players in each tourney then you'll get plenty of these beats..lol

2) If fizzy pop is good enough for elite cyclists when they need it then it's good enough for you too!!

3) Holiday and mates every time, especially in your situation. That's why you play poker as a job, so you can time off to enjoy yourself when you want to. Plenty of other big tournaments /series around the corner

Congrats on another successful night
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: August 31, 2014, 01:50:42 PM »

The middle week is probably reg infested anyway, not the worst to miss out on.

Hols.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: September 01, 2014, 06:27:08 AM »

Thanks will read everything when I'm less tired, appreciate it though.

Longgg grind today just finished now (7am) where I chopped the 215r heads up for 15k. I won an ept package plus expenses etc for around 8k and had a few other good scores so it was a decent Sunday.

I was havingb probably one of my worst Sundays ever until 10.30pm I've been thinking a lot about my mouse smashing and anger in sessions recently so made a big effort to not do it today. I ran very bad in my session but it didn't effect me at all emotionally I just silently closed tables no matter the pot or situation and let it go. I decided I was tired and not really into my session and unregistered.

My good friend European sent me a hand history and the "good reg" did such a bad play and I said to hon sonethibgb along the lines of Jesus Christ they really are horrible aren't they? If this doesn't motivate me to play nothing will. The two tournaments I shipped were the ones that I reregistered so lots of thanks goes out to euro for the inspiration :p I was a lot more motivated in the second session I smashed my mouse up and down I called countless regs "the absolute worst" and told my self mentally I was going to Rome and fuck wcoop but really I loved it, I love being involved and passionate about it all and it makes me play better. It's hard to start registering on Wednesday afternoon if you don't really get into it. I was really happy with the 215r as it's known to be one of if not the reggiest tournament.

Bubbled an ept sat losing aj v k3 and then aq v a9 for what should have been a lock but had some decent cashes in 100r/big
162 etc

Ive maintained a fantastic body clock recently, waking up at 9am, going to the gym, eating a big lunch and grinded earlier but tonight will take a little toll on me, but hopefully it won't be too bad.

Goodnight xo

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: September 01, 2014, 12:56:48 PM »

Nice score for pocarr too. Grats

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: September 01, 2014, 07:04:21 PM »

Nice night grats

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: September 02, 2014, 12:27:19 AM »

Gl

Cheesy

what is funny?
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 385 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: