blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:02:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 432 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1423729 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6405 on: March 26, 2015, 01:10:01 PM »

Incred photo.

do i get royalties?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: March 26, 2015, 04:11:56 PM »

Tweet I just posted (@plenopads)

@plenopads: Didn't get invited to the European poker awards. Studied turbos for 3 hours then won the 215t for 10kish #notintheclique #justice #fuckem

Had a pretty great day. Woke up late. Went for dinner and coronas with some friends and then played table tennis before getting a massage. Came back and studied with the guys I stake and the other coaches and had lots of really interesting spots. I think we approach turbos differently to most regs. Have been doing pretty well recently in turbos. Started the grind and final tabled 5 tournaments including a win in the 215t for a nice score.

Tomorrow is the 10k which should be good. Have one swap % left in the main event (fedor) so hoping he takes it down. He's probably the best player left and maybe the best player who started!

I was kinda joking about the clique. Pokernews usually know everybody. Like some random qualifier raises and then will find his name. There was a huge hand yesterday which I forgot to report where I folded QQ pre flop and they called me "a player" I don't mind at all just find it funny that I don't get any recognition for the last 1 year of online poker where I've played as much as any other european player online. I'd actually like to be a an ambassador for poker. I really love this game and want it to prosper just things like not winning anything at British Poker Awards, not being invited to these European ones, pokernews not knowing who I am and lots of other really small things piss me off even though they really shouldn't. This obviously sounds really arrogant not meaning it to be but just as usual I prefer to say what I'm actually thinking.

Funny story about this actually this week whenever I've played everybody has randonly assumed that I'm Felix Stephenson (2nd in main event this year) some italian guy was texting my friend saying "just moved to table with Felix Stephenson remember him from the final table he was awful. maybe 6-7 others said the same thing too. Not sure if that's who people thought I was in the 25k. I mean maybe it's better to be undercover and unknown after all!

I know I've said this this once or twice before but poker awards are utterly pointless and have no bearing on how good the winners are at poker.

Would you rather be a skint live lol pro who has won European player of the year for 2014 or be sitting in your Eastern European (forgotten if you live in Hungary or Romania tbh) home counting the wedge of Euros you've won in the same in calendar year?

Poker awards are popularity contests, you shouldn't care if you never win one.

You've got the lot, that's all the matters in poker.

Yeah but poker isn't life. In life it's nice, some would even say important, to be liked, appreciated and even admired. At least for the right reasons. If you think awards are popularity contests for the wrong reasons (as I sort of do) that's a different matter.

Being appreciated and admired by people you know and respect is fantastic and must be a great feeling.

But who cares what people you don't know, you've never met or are never likely to meet think?

"Cash game player of the year" always amuses me more than anything. If the vote was made by the actual pool of players in the nosebleed game, then yes, it would be a very prestigious award.

But when it's voted for by Joe Blow who is railing the big game while he plays 3 tables of 1c-2c, it is completely irrelevant.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: March 26, 2015, 04:17:03 PM »

Brag post coming up.

I played all Day 1 if the WSOP main event sat next to Chris Bjorin one year.

At the end of the of the day I had bagged and tagged and started to walk away from the table.

He caught my eye and said "Hey Keith, I just wanted to say I thought you played absolutely flawlessly today. I didn't know you were capable of playing that well"

I could have won 5 straight European Player of Year awards and I guarantee that would not have made me feel better about myself than those words from Chris.

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6408 on: March 26, 2015, 05:23:05 PM »

Tweet I just posted (@plenopads)

@plenopads: Didn't get invited to the European poker awards. Studied turbos for 3 hours then won the 215t for 10kish #notintheclique #justice #fuckem

Had a pretty great day. Woke up late. Went for dinner and coronas with some friends and then played table tennis before getting a massage. Came back and studied with the guys I stake and the other coaches and had lots of really interesting spots. I think we approach turbos differently to most regs. Have been doing pretty well recently in turbos. Started the grind and final tabled 5 tournaments including a win in the 215t for a nice score.

Tomorrow is the 10k which should be good. Have one swap % left in the main event (fedor) so hoping he takes it down. He's probably the best player left and maybe the best player who started!

I was kinda joking about the clique. Pokernews usually know everybody. Like some random qualifier raises and then will find his name. There was a huge hand yesterday which I forgot to report where I folded QQ pre flop and they called me "a player" I don't mind at all just find it funny that I don't get any recognition for the last 1 year of online poker where I've played as much as any other european player online. I'd actually like to be a an ambassador for poker. I really love this game and want it to prosper just things like not winning anything at British Poker Awards, not being invited to these European ones, pokernews not knowing who I am and lots of other really small things piss me off even though they really shouldn't. This obviously sounds really arrogant not meaning it to be but just as usual I prefer to say what I'm actually thinking.

Funny story about this actually this week whenever I've played everybody has randonly assumed that I'm Felix Stephenson (2nd in main event this year) some italian guy was texting my friend saying "just moved to table with Felix Stephenson remember him from the final table he was awful. maybe 6-7 others said the same thing too. Not sure if that's who people thought I was in the 25k. I mean maybe it's better to be undercover and unknown after all!

I know I've said this this once or twice before but poker awards are utterly pointless and have no bearing on how good the winners are at poker.

Would you rather be a skint live lol pro who has won European player of the year for 2014 or be sitting in your Eastern European (forgotten if you live in Hungary or Romania tbh) home counting the wedge of Euros you've won in the same in calendar year?

Poker awards are popularity contests, you shouldn't care if you never win one.

You've got the lot, that's all the matters in poker.

Yeah but poker isn't life. In life it's nice, some would even say important, to be liked, appreciated and even admired. At least for the right reasons. If you think awards are popularity contests for the wrong reasons (as I sort of do) that's a different matter.

Being appreciated and admired by people you know and respect is fantastic and must be a great feeling.

But who cares what people you don't know, you've never met or are never likely to meet think?

"Cash game player of the year" always amuses me more than anything. If the vote was made by the actual pool of players in the nosebleed game, then yes, it would be a very prestigious award.

But when it's voted for by Joe Blow who is railing the big game while he plays 3 tables of 1c-2c, it is completely irrelevant.

Yeah I broadly agree with you.

The only points I would add is poker is a very very small world so likely you DO know some of the people who vote and/or nominate. And secondly it's totally normal to care about being excluded in the same way it would if a group of strangers didn't speak to you in a pub.

Should you care about either of those things? No, probably not. Is it normal and pretty much unavoidable to care at least a bit about it? Course it is. Especially when you wear your heart on your sleeve like pleno.

Let it upset you a bit and use it as motivation. Not in a negative, but in a positive way. So not just to keep winning and keep getting better, but also to stop paying attention when other people win awards. That would be my half arsed advice.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: March 26, 2015, 09:35:06 PM »

You're my player of the year pleno

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6410 on: March 26, 2015, 09:46:42 PM »

You're blondes player of the year pleno
FYP

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: March 26, 2015, 09:53:41 PM »

FYP

I read Keith's story & thought it would have the same effect on BiTB

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: March 26, 2015, 11:13:16 PM »

FYP

I read Keith's story & thought it would have the same effect on BiTB

You are the Chris Bjorin of blonde Soviet.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #6413 on: March 26, 2015, 11:31:24 PM »

You're my player of the year pleno
Yh and pretty much a lock for 1st December in the Blonde Advent Calendar Wink

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: March 27, 2015, 05:01:41 PM »

Poker Awards;

When you win one, you say how honoured you are, how great it feels and go to bed with a smile on your face, but know deep down it means absolutely nothing and has no relevance on your life whatsoever.

When you don't win one you say how you don't care, poker awards are pointless and go to bed a little pissed off that X won player of the year even though your way better, but know deep down it means absolutely nothing and has no relevance on your life whatsoever.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: March 27, 2015, 06:12:55 PM »

Poker awards can't be very important since I have one and Pleno doesn't.

Player of the Year in non-APAT events 2012 me.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: March 27, 2015, 08:40:07 PM »

Brag post coming up.

I played all Day 1 if the WSOP main event sat next to Chris Bjorin one year.

At the end of the of the day I had bagged and tagged and started to walk away from the table.

He caught my eye and said "Hey Keith, I just wanted to say I thought you played absolutely flawlessly today. I didn't know you were capable of playing that well"

I could have won 5 straight European Player of Year awards and I guarantee that would not have made me feel better about myself than those words from Chris.

Obviously setting you up for a nip.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: March 27, 2015, 08:43:23 PM »

Pads, re: PokerNews calling you a 'player' the guy who wrote that post got the information from me and I obviously told him your name, he obviously didn't write it down though I'm guessing.

As for the poker awards, it's rare you get invited unless you're nominated for one, there's a finite capacity of course so I don't think you should feel upset, or that you're not part of a clique as such.

FWIW the voting committee for the awards this year was: Chris Moorman, Anatoly Filatov, Juha Helppi, Alex Dreyfus, Eric Denis, Chad Holloway (PokerNews) and Scott Ball (Twitch).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 08:49:59 PM by dino1980 » Logged
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6418 on: March 27, 2015, 09:10:15 PM »

Pads, re: PokerNews calling you a 'player' the guy who wrote that post got the information from me and I obviously told him your name, he obviously didn't write it down though I'm guessing.

As for the poker awards, it's rare you get invited unless you're nominated for one, there's a finite capacity of course so I don't think you should feel upset, or that you're not part of a clique as such.

FWIW the voting committee for the awards this year was: Chris Moorman, Anatoly Filatov, Juha Helppi, Alex Dreyfus, Eric Denis, Chad Holloway (PokerNews) and Scott Ball (Twitch).

That was the voting comittee, but a much bigger panel of people were involved with deciding the initial nominations. 60+ people

Including yours truly, who put Pads forward for breakout player of the year and the fussiest bastard eater award too.
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: March 27, 2015, 10:42:10 PM »

That was the voting comittee, but a much bigger panel of people were involved with deciding the initial nominations. 60+ people

Including yours truly, who put Pads forward for breakout player of the year and the fussiest bastard eater award too.

Ah wires crossed, I thought you/Pads were on about the committee who decided the winners from the shortlist. I knew there was a bigger panel of people involved with deciding the initial nominations.
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 432 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: