blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 01:36:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272902 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 524 525 [526] 527 528 529 530 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1439487 times)
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #7875 on: June 19, 2016, 04:36:24 PM »

Cash game heaters are all well and good, but some people (me included) have you in our Fantasy WSOP teams.

And have already used our free substitution, post earlier please! Wink

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: June 19, 2016, 05:55:50 PM »

Good to start Vegas with big upswing rather than chase losses but also does mean I'm less motivated to grind 1ks and 1500s which are good value because my hourly in the private cash games have been so great.

I would have thought for a young pro like yourself it was more important to try to get yourself a bracelet?

Surely the opportunities that come with grabbing a bracelet or two are worth more long term than winning £50k or whatever it may be?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #7877 on: June 19, 2016, 06:00:39 PM »

Aren't PP expecting u to play a certain volume either?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7878 on: June 20, 2016, 01:18:29 AM »

I will still play a bunch of tournaments, especially the higher stakes stuff, one drop, $10k 6max, lots of $5ks, $3ks etc. Will go to all the WPT's between now and January too, Caribbean etc.

@evilpie, not that driven by bracelets that much anymore, I mean of course its really cool to win one and wold be really great. But I'm realistic and know that if I play a 3000 runner field then I'm extremely unlikely to win a bracelet.

The cash game has just been too good so far, lets see how it changes next few weeks.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7879 on: June 20, 2016, 08:11:52 AM »

Solid day. Spent 1 hour working on bvb situations in crev, played in the cash game and won 5bi, watched game 7 of NBA which was incred, watched game of thrones which was incred and won 6a side against a team of Mexicans 10-0.

Our team was pretty hilarious tonight, notable mentions of new people playing... DANMERRR and Andre Akkari 😂

Huge day tomorrow. COME ON ENGLAND!

Then going for dinner and then Zumanity at NYNY.

Thought about moving to Vegas for the last week or so, need a demoralizing downswing to potentially change my mind!

I tried to upload a video blog 100 times over the last 5 days but no matter what I do it won't upload. No idea why, tried different internet connections etc.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7880 on: June 20, 2016, 09:23:59 AM »

Good to start Vegas with big upswing rather than chase losses but also does mean I'm less motivated to grind 1ks and 1500s which are good value because my hourly in the private cash games have been so great.

I would have thought for a young pro like yourself it was more important to try to get yourself a bracelet?

Surely the opportunities that come with grabbing a bracelet or two are worth more long term than winning £50k or whatever it may be?

Bracelet benefits in 2016 in real money terms over next 5 years i would estimate comfortably less than £10,000, different story in 2010 of course.

Obviously you win a huge amount of money as well, so there is always that Tongue

No idea what stakes plendop is playing out there but assuming its higher than 10/20$ and the action is good its close to impossible for his hourly to be better in a $1500 WSOP event.

Bracelets are shiny though.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7881 on: June 20, 2016, 02:32:54 PM »

Bracelet benefits in 2016 in real money terms over next 5 years i would estimate comfortably less than £10,000, different story in 2010 of course.

Obviously you win a huge amount of money as well, so there is always that Tongue

No idea what stakes plendop is playing out there but assuming its higher than 10/20$ and the action is good its close to impossible for his hourly to be better in a $1500 WSOP event.

Bracelets are shiny though.

Don't bracelets have more value if you are sponsored though?  Something like that means you are more likely to retain sponsorship?  Much more so than likely to lead to you getting it for the first time.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7882 on: June 20, 2016, 03:52:58 PM »

i have no idea the terms of his arrangement with partypoker but i'd be pretty confident claiming that i don't think winning a bracelet will have a massive impact on the deal

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #7883 on: June 20, 2016, 04:10:04 PM »

Absolutely fk living in Vegas even though during WSOP it's pretty awesome I think it wouldn't be a place I'd ever want to live.

Also change your plans to see Zumanity if you can. I looooooove Cirques and have seen like 7 of them but this one was shite imo.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #7884 on: June 20, 2016, 04:34:41 PM »

You said same thing last year about living in Vegas Wink

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7885 on: June 20, 2016, 04:46:13 PM »

man on holiday says wouldn't it be great to live here all year round for the first time ever. I just expect it to be very different outside the wsop. 

I am all for following dreams, but you and team Pads are still crushing online and you seem to love where you live.

Good luck

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7886 on: June 20, 2016, 05:01:03 PM »

you could rent a condo for a yr, (will cost like $18k or something) make it nice and have your things there etc, and just fly back every 3-4 months for a month at a time.

That sounds like the way to go to me Smiley

You can only stay for 6 months p/a anyway and this way you can still be online king and if you go for 3x months outside of the series and 6 weeks during wsop you'd be paying not far off 10-15k in hotel accom fee's anyway

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #7887 on: June 20, 2016, 05:19:22 PM »

How do US visas work for poker players who want to live in Vegas? Is it just 90 day tourist visas and as long as you stick to the rules about being a tourist you're fine? And I take it from Dave's comment that you can have a maximum of two tourist visits per annum?

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #7888 on: June 20, 2016, 05:37:04 PM »

Would assume online stuff would be a problem for starters.
Also, aside from the strip, Vegas is mostly a shithole
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: June 21, 2016, 02:24:57 AM »

Zumanity worst show I've ever seen too
Penn nteller not to far behind either ! Although they redeemed theirselves by posing for selfies n signing tickets as we left
Teller even spoke !!
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 524 525 [526] 527 528 529 530 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: