blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:08:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272631 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2564254 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 17, 2011, 12:49:27 PM »

hh for 52..

lol ok...1/2, fish limps, Simon iso's the button to £10, Sb calls. Simon's range is extremely wide in this spot and the SB was pretty nitty and will almost certainly fold. I've been playing pretty snug so far, and I think simon views me as fairly tight @ 1/2 as he knows I'm more comfortable @ 50/1. I 3bet the BB to £42, fish folds, simon flats, sb folds. I decide to check the   flop, he checks, i bet £55 on the   turn, he flats. I check the   river, he shoves £145. I thought for ages and was leaning towards a call, then he said "you got a flush draw mate, there's no more cards!?" and I thought he was trying to appear way more relaxed than he was, so I pretty much snapped when he said that. We have a reasonable amount of history together, and are mates so know each others games really well, always discussing hands and strategy etc, so there's a lot of stuff going through my head that I can't explain on here. He was also pretty tilted having been coolered 20mins before, then spazzed off £100 the next hand so that was part of my thought process as well.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 01:26:22 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 17, 2011, 12:57:32 PM »

going to Amsterdam on thursday, then going home for a week, Hannah is coming to stay

gettttttttttttting sommmmmmmmme bragz

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 17, 2011, 01:05:08 PM »

going to Amsterdam on thursday, then going home for a week, Hannah is coming to stay

*dislike* insinuations Re amsterdam

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 17, 2011, 01:55:56 PM »

hh for 52..

lol ok...1/2, fish limps, Simon iso's the button to £10, Sb calls. Simon's range is extremely wide in this spot and the SB was pretty nitty and will almost certainly fold. I've been playing pretty snug so far, and I think simon views me as fairly tight @ 1/2 as he knows I'm more comfortable @ 50/1. I 3bet the BB to £42, fish folds, simon flats, sb folds. I decide to check the   flop, he checks, i bet £55 on the   turn, he flats. I check the   river, he shoves £145. I thought for ages and was leaning towards a call, then he said "you got a flush draw mate, there's no more cards!?" and I thought he was trying to appear way more relaxed than he was, so I pretty much snapped when he said that. We have a reasonable amount of history together, and are mates so know each others games really well, always discussing hands and strategy etc, so there's a lot of stuff going through my head that I can't explain on here. He was also pretty tilted having been coolered 20mins before, then spazzed off £100 the next hand so that was part of my thought process as well.

quite an ez one.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 17, 2011, 02:58:14 PM »

still havent posted pics of the mrs yet have u?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 17, 2011, 03:59:52 PM »

*dislike* insinuations Re amsterdam

yes, ofc....my bad.

Im sure you'll have a lovely educational trip

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 17, 2011, 04:24:42 PM »

How much of the night's poker activity consists of just churning money between the regulars?

Is the interplay between the regs a factor in encouraging the casual visitor to get involved when they shouldn't?

Do you play as aggressively in pots where you are HU with Andy as you would with a stranger?

edit - that last question looks potentially offensive - it isn't intended to be so - I just wonder how you play against the guy, I find it hard to get too deep into a pot with a friend when i know I have them drawing thin, or dead. If it's hard for me as a so-called recreational player, how much harder is it for you?

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 04:27:54 PM by david3103 » Logged

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: January 17, 2011, 04:36:33 PM »

How much of the night's poker activity consists of just churning money between the regulars?

Is the interplay between the regs a factor in encouraging the casual visitor to get involved when they shouldn't?

Do you play as aggressively in pots where you are HU with Andy as you would with a stranger?

edit - that last question looks potentially offensive - it isn't intended to be so - I just wonder how you play against the guy, I find it hard to get too deep into a pot with a friend when i know I have them drawing thin, or dead. If it's hard for me as a so-called recreational player, how much harder is it for you?

Good questions imo.  Nothing offensive.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 17, 2011, 06:25:49 PM »

Good questions imo.  Nothing offensive.

+1

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 17, 2011, 06:51:10 PM »

Does seem -EV tbh you're sitting with Andy, Simon and Mitch when your trying to build a roll. I understand its more fun but surely your not playing for those reasons?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 17, 2011, 07:14:05 PM »

Does seem -EV tbh you're sitting with Andy, Simon and Mitch when your trying to build a roll. I understand its more fun but surely your not playing for those reasons?

yeh definitely. the only time that has happened was for like 30minutes, before a game kicked off, it was just us wanting to playing cash.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 17, 2011, 07:54:07 PM »

Good post. At DTD and Gala there are a lot of regulars but few winning players so whilst I'm often playing against the same people, it's fairly one way traffic in the long run. Yes occasionally I'm at tables with Simon/Andy and it creates issues but for the most part it's fine. I never understand when I see a 3handed game between Andy, Ged, Mitch, all of whom are winning players whose edge against one another must be minimal. Yeh it's a laugh, but they're all professionals who surely should be looking for weak spots.

With my mates who are recreational players and whenever they play 50/1 they are taking shots, I don't like playing vs them and we just stay out of each others way, cos the money represents a decent %age of their wealth. When I was swapping %ages with Andy for a couple of days, it created some issues that we weren't really comfortable with. 4 handed he'd open UTG and I'd have Aces on the button, wanting to 3bet ofc but having to flat because from an EV point of view, it's pointless to do otherwise. Ethically it seemed slightly dodge too, even though we never did anything like squeezing or anything - it was purely to reduce variance - we both just decided to stop it. Since then we've been playing hard against each other but not going out of each others way to do so. We got in a spot the other night where we got £250 all in pre @ 50/1, in what was pretty much a cooler, we ran it twice and chopped it. But even so, we both played our games.

It didn't feel great last night winning an almost £600 pot off Simon, a close mate, even though the way I won felt great Wink I felt pretty bad cos he was gutted and we're in the same situation grinding out for a living, seems silly to be taking money off each other. The first time I played 50/1 with him at DTD in fact, I didn't want to play pots with him. I had aces vs his kings and basically told him I had aces and just moved allin pre and he folded (he still went around bragging about the "sick laydown" lol). But he said to me that he didn't want to play that way so I said ok, fair enough. So I play my normal game vs him. Woke up this morning and felt like meeting up and playing some pool but wasn't sure about texting him - felt kind of weird for some reason.

Hope I've answered all your questions!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 07:57:06 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 17, 2011, 08:37:17 PM »

as requested...she started our skype convo today by relaying a bunch of hand histories from her $1 sng! future pro imo...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 17, 2011, 08:58:25 PM »

missed this, erm not to my knowledge, doubt it.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 17, 2011, 11:19:16 PM »

Lol @ Cambridge "selective inclusion of details" alex
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: