blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:56:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 963 964 965 966 [967] 968 969 970 971 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2543917 times)
LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #14490 on: April 04, 2013, 12:39:53 AM »

Fun few pages to read.

Agree that if the first two posts weren't "lol April Fools" and instead were 5%, 2.5 of each it would have sold out. As Stato said most people buying don't understand mark ups (I'm not perfect either) and the reasons why some mtts are softer etc it's just a foreign number "1.5" and no one wants to look like an idiot if no one else is buying.

I've played in these/similar tournaments and I'm terrible at the game but I know just how profitable they are - 1.5 for Alex I don't think is a hugely profitable investment but it's not a big loser either.

The home leg thing is actual a big edge that is probably overlooked via this diary and Alex being 'known' at DTD. I'm certain people play different vs him than others (just like mad Turk and rastafish just in different ways) - some may be 'gunning for goulder' and others may be giving up their blinds a great deal more through fear of his reputation as a proven winner - both of these an edge in their own way.

If Aaron decides to sell any at 1.35 for Dubai send him my way and we can discuss a price for me, I have about 5 herbie flags lifetime coming from £25 DTD comps and the like.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Favourite arcade game?

Imagine you being good at dance mat revolution or whatever it's called
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #14491 on: April 04, 2013, 12:53:20 AM »

It keeps getting mentioned about 'had titty not made that comment it would have defo sold out'... The staking proposal was up for no less than a few hours before a new one was put in place, so how does anyone know this?

This is all just opinionated, exactly the same as someone saying its too high or w/e.

The bottom line is Alex thought it MIGHT not sell out, so he lowered it. Just because someone's staking request does not sell out in 1 hr flat, does not mean its not going to sell.

Everyone has the right to an opinion, but to keep saying its because of what titty wrote is a bit out of line IMHO.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14492 on: April 04, 2013, 12:53:40 AM »

I wonder whether anyone who's been out with me would agree!

I was surprisingly good at the basketball game actually! Never played it before and wouldn't have backed me to beat Melissa at that but I crushed it somehow managed to luckbox it.

I got smashed at shooting and racing (had to let her win a few), but won air hockey and pool. Air hockey probably my favourite game there.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 12:56:51 AM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14493 on: April 04, 2013, 12:55:08 AM »

For the record, it was over 24hours before I decided to lower the price.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #14494 on: April 04, 2013, 01:00:22 AM »

I wonder whether anyone who's been out with me would agree!

I was surprisingly good at the basketball game actually! Never played it before and wouldn't have backed me to beat Melissa at that but I crushed it somehow managed to luckbox it.

I got smashed at shooting and racing (had to let her win a few), but won air hockey and pool. Air hockey probably my favourite game

Quick feet, no finesse involved.

Had an arcade session at UKIPT Edinburgh with a couple poker playing friends.

Lost money at - basketball, air hockey, pool, punching machine, hammer game and bowling. Every discipline and I'm certain I was/am a favourite at them all. Was always going to be a losing trip
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #14495 on: April 04, 2013, 01:00:46 AM »

I got smashed at shooting and racing (had to let her win a few), but won air hockey and POLO

FYP, I expect.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #14496 on: April 04, 2013, 01:07:18 AM »

For the record, it was over 24hours before I decided to lower the price.

OK - my point is that I don't think 24hrs is a way to judge whether the thread is going to sell out or not, like Dubai said something about it being more money for a smaller %. given that, ppl might be waiting a bit, see if they have a result in the next few days and then reserve a piece for example.

My opinion is that I don't think you or titty did anything wrong, I actually can't understand why Aaron hates on u so much (figure pf speech). But as you're above predantict comment shows above, it seems people need to be really careful how they put  airing their opinions on a forum.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14497 on: April 04, 2013, 01:08:39 AM »

I got smashed at shooting and racing (had to let her win a few), but won air hockey and POLO

FYP, I expect.

Haha.

Binged on Made in Chelsea with my mum over Easter (got her box set for Xmas), they play polo on that.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #14498 on: April 04, 2013, 01:10:19 AM »

Having a punt on a bird must be posh boat speak coz round here we don't do punting but we do tend to get both oars in on a first date.

Did you watch the boat race this weekend? And are you a Cambridge fan

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #14499 on: April 04, 2013, 01:12:49 AM »

Favourite arcade game?

Would pay a lot of money to watch this.

(fwiw this is one of the worst reads i've ever seen.... he would literally be the worst in the world at this)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14500 on: April 04, 2013, 01:13:48 AM »

Having a punt on a bird must be posh boat speak coz round here we don't do punting but we do tend to get both oars in on a first date.

Did you watch the boat race this weekend? And are you a Cambridge fan

I watched it but only because it was on in my house. It was the most boring 20 minutes of my life

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14501 on: April 04, 2013, 01:14:56 AM »

Favourite arcade game?

Would pay a lot of money to watch this.

(fwiw this is one of the worst reads i've ever seen.... he would literally be the worst in the world at this)

There's been a lot of shit in this blog over the past few days, but yeh, that read takes the biscuit

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #14502 on: April 04, 2013, 01:16:10 AM »

Who wants to here about my date with Melissa at the arcades?!

You guys getting together soon?

According to my lovely friends, she's too hot for me and too nice, but I'm having punt anyway.

Your lovely friends are wrong. Put quite simply there's no such thing as too hot or too nice so by default they can't possibly be right.

Less of the 'having a punt' though please. It doesn't suit you.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #14503 on: April 04, 2013, 01:18:14 AM »

FYP, I expect.

Haha.

Binged on Made in Chelsea with my mum over Easter (got her box set for Xmas), they play polo on that.

Can't be doing with that nonsense, I'm afraid. Really don't get the whole 'the storylines are written but it isn't scripted and they're not actors but it isn't a reality show either' thing.

Am aware of the basics of polo but not convinced it's a sport I'd get too fanatical about.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14504 on: April 04, 2013, 01:19:00 AM »

Who wants to here about my date with Melissa at the arcades?!

You guys getting together soon?

According to my lovely friends, she's too hot for me and too nice, but I'm having punt anyway.

Your lovely friends are wrong. Put quite simply there's no such thing as too hot or too nice so by default they can't possibly be right.

Less of the 'having a punt' though please. It doesn't suit you.

It was poker speak for "giving it my best". Hope that was clear, else I might be in the shit!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 963 964 965 966 [967] 968 969 970 971 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: