blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:26:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274184 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16955 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 [1217] 1218 1219 1220 1221 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2668305 times)
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #18240 on: June 12, 2015, 12:18:38 AM »

GL Alex.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18241 on: June 12, 2015, 04:32:23 PM »

So kicked things off with a cheeky flag, 31st placed finisher in the $5k 8max for $13.5k. Not to shabby.

Had a terrible start losing two standard set-ups, and was down to 4.5bigs at one point. Two double ups with 35-40% equity then spent a while grinding 10-20bbs, then got a key double TT vs AK to have 25bbs as we approached the money bubble and actually managed to chip up really well around the bubble and made the money with 42bbs.

Peaked at 270k at 2/4k but then made a bad call down with AJ on AKQ ccx Jx 6x, the guy bet just perfect amounts to get paid off, wp him (hilarious, really nice guy too, Dan O-Brien) but I should fold river. I could have Tx so easily in that spot so he probably wouldn't bluff.

Had 150k after that hand, grinded for a while, blinded down a bit, made a couple of pay jumps, then busted rejamming QTs for 13.5bbs sb vs Eugene cutoff open in a standard spot.

Was such a fun table with Olivier Busquet, Jesse Sylvia, Jonathan Little and Dan O-Brien, everyone playing the game in the right spirit and having a good time. Big fan of Busquets, such a nice guy and extremely good at the pokers.

Cos railed me for ages, which was cool. I actually never lost a hand with him there. Here's a selfie I took before the day started while he was god-moding chinese.

Click to see full-size image.

Monster stack today!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #18242 on: June 12, 2015, 04:45:12 PM »

Cos railed me for ages, which was cool. I actually never lost a hand with him there. Here's a selfie I took before the day started while he was god-moding chinese.

Just pay me $1k/day and I'll rail you the rest of the series.

Thought you played really awesome yday. You didn't lose a pot for 2 hours, going from 20k to 220k. Obviously there was a good run of cards in there but people were definitely uncomfortable with you there and that says heaps for your game now so I'm expecting a good series from you Allen.

When Jesse Sylvia asked you something, Olivier Busquet was absolutely honed in fixated on what you were quietly replying which impressed me about him that he's clearly a top top pro and I loved his table presence but also that he's was concerned enough about what you were doing at the table to listen to what you were saying and get some sorta read.

glgl

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18243 on: June 12, 2015, 08:44:15 PM »

I've arrived.

Not much to say but desperately trying to stay awake (930pm local time) so I can get on a normal sleeping pattern asap.

Dinner at Allegre (Wynn) with Mitch, his wife and her brother was alright, nothing special.

The Empire in London provide what looked to be an excellent wire service to the Rio, at spot rate. Went down there today to reg for tomorrows event - no money. I'm sure it'll be sorted tomorrow though.

Tomorrows event is actually the 2nd largest event of the summer. $5k 8-max. Pretty excited about it, but getting a good nights sleep tonight will be important - I never find it easy to adjust quickly. I'll wake up in 4 hours time and 1am and be wide awake.

I really want to do well in this tournament because I've sold for it on blonde and on fb, and historically I've almost never done well on blonde staking threads.I have loyal buyers that I want to do well for! I always feel guilty for them if I do well in something that I've not sold for.

I'm excited to be here. Let's do this.

Have you & Mitch thought of having a go on the Voodoo Zip Line, at The Rio? I think you'd all enjoy it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18244 on: June 12, 2015, 08:51:51 PM »

I've arrived.

Not much to say but desperately trying to stay awake (930pm local time) so I can get on a normal sleeping pattern asap.

Dinner at Allegre (Wynn) with Mitch, his wife and her brother was alright, nothing special.

The Empire in London provide what looked to be an excellent wire service to the Rio, at spot rate. Went down there today to reg for tomorrows event - no money. I'm sure it'll be sorted tomorrow though.

Tomorrows event is actually the 2nd largest event of the summer. $5k 8-max. Pretty excited about it, but getting a good nights sleep tonight will be important - I never find it easy to adjust quickly. I'll wake up in 4 hours time and 1am and be wide awake.

I really want to do well in this tournament because I've sold for it on blonde and on fb, and historically I've almost never done well on blonde staking threads.I have loyal buyers that I want to do well for! I always feel guilty for them if I do well in something that I've not sold for.

I'm excited to be here. Let's do this.

Have you & Mitch thought of having a go on the Voodoo Zip Line, at The Rio? I think you'd all enjoy it.

If Mitch went after me, I'd enjoy it. At the same time, I'm not so sure...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18245 on: June 14, 2015, 09:03:34 AM »

Now, many miraculous things happen in Vegas. But nothing defied the odds quite like this sight this morning.

Click to see full-size image.

Not much to report about lately, bad day yesterday, made it back today.

Both highlights are Cos' doing. The first one was his trolling of a taxi driver who was about to start telling us a terrible poker story and he mentioned "Doyle", like they were mates. Cos asks "who's Doyle?", cue a journey of hilariously trolling by Cos. How he can keep a straight face when he comes out with some of the bullshit he did is a real talent.

Secondly I actually got to play with the king himself (Cos, not Doyle) and he really impressed me. Great table presence and intense stare. Was glad to see him moved to the PLO to be honest.

$1k donkament tomorrow.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18246 on: June 14, 2015, 01:38:34 PM »

he's posing and the machine isn't on right? :p
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #18247 on: June 14, 2015, 02:35:58 PM »

the zip line in between the rio towers, great fun!!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18248 on: June 16, 2015, 07:42:36 AM »

Can I shock you? Vegas is boring.

I wake up at 8am, chill out, have some breakfast, go to the gym, get ready and go to the Rio at around 12. Play till around 8-11 then go straight home to sleep.

Not very "VEGAS BABY!" Is it?  

I'm used to having all sorts of bad influences around me in Vegas.

"Come and have a little spin on craps"
"The house edge is almost non-existant"
"Drinks are free, you know"
"Meet us on Ultimate Texas Hold'em, usual table"
"I've got a system"
"We'll just have one drink"
"No of course we won't end up in Rhino's...."
"You can late reg tomorrow...it's only a 1500"
"What about a roulette syndicate? Ludo's in charge"
"Day two? But you've only got 20 bigs, won't matter if your hungover"
"$500 a man for a table in Hakassan, in?"

So far, there's absolutely none of that. I'm expecting that to change a little once Stato, Keith, Scott arrive (tomorrow) and even more so when Nick Hicks and Skalie arrive - I know for a fact Nick is the WORST influence, and if Skalie behaves like I expect...Well let's just say the diary will liven up somewhat.

There's guaranteed action this weekend for Deadman's stag do. Maybe until then it'll be very low key, grind grind grind.

Either way, I'll keep posting.

Played the monster stack and $1k recently, no good, tomorrow is the $1500 mix-max.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 07:45:01 AM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #18249 on: June 16, 2015, 11:21:43 AM »

Good luck Alex. Always enjoy reading your diary and reports , keep em coming.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #18250 on: June 16, 2015, 12:59:42 PM »

Well thats a load of Bull crap.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18251 on: June 16, 2015, 05:31:49 PM »

You know exactly what I'm talking about!

Maybe if there was more people like you out here...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #18252 on: June 16, 2015, 06:11:06 PM »

You know exactly what I'm talking about!

Maybe if there was more people like you out here...

Ha, I look on SkyScanner every single day, im getting the "deposit is more important than a holiday speech" so I am trying to get both sorted. Im flexible enough with work to just be able to book to come out the next day so im hoping in the next 2 weeks I can sort it.

If not I am 100% there next year.

If last year hadent gone so bad I would have had this fucking deposit sorted by now!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #18253 on: June 17, 2015, 01:31:20 AM »

ha def up for a couple of club nights. Got quite a tourney schedule though so I'll be subdued this year. Sorry.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18254 on: June 19, 2015, 10:25:57 PM »

1500 Mix max- busted last level in a standard spot.

1100 venetian 1m gte - busted earlyish, nothing interesting.

3000 wsop, felt really good going into this tournament, off the back of the incredible run by Deadman. Really inspired to play well and try and emulate his success. Had a great start and got to 40k from 15, but made a bad hero call to go to 20, then lost AQss vs 75 allin pre despite flopping a flush, and AK to KJ despite making three aces!

Lost about 3k on cash and 3k in a dumb props game on deadmans rail. In the red for the trip now.

Cash grind today before the stag do tomorrow! Can't wait.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 [1217] 1218 1219 1220 1221 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: