blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:00:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1279 1280 1281 1282 [1283] 1284 1285 1286 1287 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2544206 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #19230 on: August 16, 2016, 04:26:03 PM »

Is that last post coming out correctly. Cos got a pm saying the cards are all mixed up and it doesn't make sense.

I had AJ flop J88 turn 9 river A.

Cards look fine on my PC.

So weird, check out this screenshot Vish sent me

On that screenshot one of your cards is my avatar?

Some spooky shit going on here!

Looks fine on my phone too.  Had trouble with youtube earlier too mind

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19231 on: August 16, 2016, 05:09:38 PM »

Ridiculously jealous, looks insane.

Pretty sure I wouldn't be able to sit there and look calm and unfazed playing them stakes, you looked fine, how u feel on the inside ? Ha

You've spoken about how much u rate the adrenaline rush when pulling off a big bluff etc playing poker, how u feel when u check shoved against Tony ( aware it wasn't a big bluff as such )

Best of luck out there, hope u get the lot

I hope so too!

When I check jammed I knew I was making the best play and I was at peace with whatever would happen. Can't really be nervous knowing that I'll have decent equity if called anyway.

I get nervous only when I'm doing a bluff that I don't think is good. Almost regardless of the amount of money. I've done <£1k bluffs and been nervous because I think it might be a shit play and probably going to get called etc. And done >£5k bluffs confidently because I know they're going to work / know it's the right play.

Been promised a seat tonight, 8pm start local time so stream starts 830pm which is 730pm UK time I think. If a big rec turns up then I'll likely be one of the first ones bumped down the list though.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #19232 on: August 16, 2016, 07:47:24 PM »

Gl mate hope you win enough for your own jet!
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #19233 on: August 16, 2016, 09:39:17 PM »

The ace jack hand appeared ok on my I pad !
Watched the stream till 1030 pm before I fell asleep !
 Woke up at 230 am with it stuck to my face lol
Watched a lot of the Omaha today brilliant battery ran out at 430 pm tho
So back to the pool
Just been out for dinner gonna watch some tonight
Good luck Alex
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19234 on: August 17, 2016, 03:00:18 AM »

Doubt the stream was that interesting tonight apart from the first two hours. I played 4 pots of note.

I got raised twice on the flop when I had strong hands and folded both times. QQ on T85hhx, cbet 900 in a 5 way pot and Tobias check raised from the bb to 2900, playing 20k, and I had the . Think folding is definitely the best play vs his range. He had K3hh.

Second time was even clearer fold, cbet AK 1200 on KJ3r, the sb called and the bb made it 3900 (with K3). He ended up stacking off horrifically vs sb very obvious QT when river came Ace.

Third hand was AJ vs QT on AJ894 ssxsx. I bet 1500 on flop and 3200 on turn and river I checked and he checked back. Thought I must win when he checks back.

So was 0/3 and it wasn't looking good.

Then sb limped for 200, I made it 900 with QQ from bb, and the straddle made it 3100, playing 7100, I jammed and he called AJo and I turned queens full to bust him. Game died massively after that and I quit losing 3k on the night. Not too bad.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19235 on: August 17, 2016, 03:29:17 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19236 on: August 17, 2016, 11:10:50 AM »

Tony G was the big winner during the 2016 King's Celebrity Cash Game. He won €109K and donated it to charity.

http://uk.pokernews.com/news/2016/08/celebrity-cash-kings-tony-g-22485.htm

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Gazza

View Profile
« Reply #19237 on: August 17, 2016, 02:12:55 PM »

Sounds like an interesting game.  Is the stream archived anywhere?
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #19238 on: August 17, 2016, 02:50:37 PM »

Sounds like an interesting game.  Is the stream archived anywhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdM2p9CcDZI

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #19239 on: August 26, 2016, 04:40:13 PM »

goes big private game, radio silence.

= got the lot

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19240 on: August 28, 2016, 12:29:52 PM »

goes big private game, radio silence.

= got the lot

No did the lot lol. I reported both sessions here.

Went to Barca and it was awful. Well, every minute spent playing poker was. Loved everything else. Probs won't play too many PokerStars stops in the future if they keep payouts like this. Hope others do same. Recs hate it too not just pros. 

Biggest ever losing month currently but gonna get out of it by shipping this deepstack at Dtd lol. On the way there now. Always good to be going home...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19241 on: August 29, 2016, 01:26:07 PM »

OK I've sorted most of my EPL spread bets for the season. Thought I would share what they are and we'll see how I do over the season. I'd like to think I've taken the right side of the lines, but am not delusional that I'm a sports betting fiend and have made a bunch of sharky bets. I'm paying any juice there is for a season long sweat which I know I'll love. Won't say amounts but will give you an idea of where I've gone big.

Teams bought (taken overs)

Middlesborough 39.5 points: 4 units (per point)
Stoke 45.5 points: 2 units
Spurs 67.5 points: 1 unit
West Ham 55 points: 1 unit

Teams sold (taken unders)

Man City 75.5 points: 3 units
Leicester 54.5 points: 3 units edit: 1.5units

Other bets:

Chelsea vs Arsenal 2 units per point.
Chelsea top 4 at 8/13: 25 units.

Gone huge on Chelsea. The top 4 bet is with a guy that I had credit with and wanted to gamble with rather than cash out. It's my biggest ever sports bet. Come on team Kante/Conte!

The big bets on Chelsea and the biggest spreadbet on Middlesborough looking great. Others not so much, City crushing, definitely worried there, Stoke, Spurs, West Ham all slightly down in the spreads but were small bets, Leicester slightly winning. Very early days obv, but loving the sweat so far.

Fantasy Football has gone ok so far, won all my monthly bets for August so can't complain. Hating this international break though!

Came back to reality with a bang, on the National Express bus from Luton Airport to Nottingham lol. But dived straight into the action and made day two of the deepstack with about average and booked a nice win on cash after, with a few glasses of red to accompany. Most fun day I had playing poker since...well probably the last time I was at DTD Smiley

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19242 on: September 29, 2016, 01:40:02 PM »

How did you finish up on the stream game last night?

big game for that table

early on you shoved in on the river against Justin with the Queen of clubs in your hand and it had backdoored clubs, so you had the blocker to the nuts

i forget the exact board but you had -10x and it came 10c-x-x-Ac-Kc i think

Justin folded J-8cc to the big shove

is this something you might routinely do with the blocker, or was it player dependent (Justin is quite tight?)?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #19243 on: September 29, 2016, 01:53:05 PM »

Loved this you posted on twitter

So many questions.

How does the two Bobbies work?

How do they get the two Bobbies so well synchronised together.

Great stuff anyway

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #19244 on: September 29, 2016, 03:09:06 PM »

Justin would be the perfect target for this I would say. We played a lot back in the day.

Looked like a fun game last night, kept it on sporadically but didn't see too much. Looked like a lot of fun.

Seen the JsTs vs Deadman yet? Heart rate in that moment? I've found I can be incredibly calm in big spots when I'm confident in my play but it can be heart in mouth if I'm not 100%. I don't play cash stakes that really get the heart racing, or not too often anyway. Do you still get the buzz?

Do you still use some of the live tell things? I always remember you flopping a set and double checking your hole cards in an obvious way, same for a nut flush once I think. Hope there was a bit of a recovery.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: 1 ... 1279 1280 1281 1282 [1283] 1284 1285 1286 1287 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: