blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:00:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484880 times)
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2011, 06:37:29 PM »

http://newsthump.com/2010/12/31/referee-howard-webb-awarded-mbe-for-services-to-manchester-united/

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2011, 06:47:10 PM »

new site for me
liked this too http://newsthump.com/2011/01/10/psychiatrists-warn-of-the-mental-health-risks-associated-with-managing-liverpool/

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 12, 2011, 07:16:14 PM »

If the % of city's stadium is higher they have a good shout for being the club of the city though?

Fans who have just turned up in the last 5 years and think Chelsea are a big club

this

more so than any ever club

lol bullshit, quantify this.

Look at Man United, any of their fans actually live in Manc?

errmmm Yes?

7,808 of them with season tickets  according to the last (only?) study of where season ticket holders for the two Manchester clubs live (2001) found that there were more Manchester Postcodes on the Old Traffod list than there were on the Maine Rd list. Yet Citeh continue to claim the 'local' tag.
Loads more in the peripheral postcodes too.

Do Chelsea fans all live in Chelsea?

What's this as a proportion of the stadia?

Rather than clog the celery thread I'll respond to this here - Capacity in those years was around 65,000 so it's about 12%.
There were another 3500 or so that lived in the surrounding postcodes too - making c18%

The data is all rather old now, but it does rather kill the myth about MUFC supporters all living in Surrey... (which of course is actually a hotbed of Chelsea support)

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2011, 08:30:11 PM »

If the % of city's stadium is higher they have a good shout for being the club of the city though?

TBH the whole analysis of this is so open to abusive interpretaion that it's barely worth arguing about

But - if you can sell 78,000 tickets each game then you buiild a stadium that can accomodate that number - you then choose how many season ticket holders you want.

If you select a manchester resident at random and ask if they have a season ticket for United or City then it is more likely that they will support United than City. Does that give United a shout at being the 'club of the city'?

The study is pretty flawed if you're trying to prove one or the other so the answer to both your question and mine is probably no btw

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2011, 08:48:03 PM »

If you select a manchester resident at random and ask if they have a season ticket for United or City then it is more likely that they will support United than City. Does that give United a shout at being the 'club of the city'?

I don't think what proportion of a clubs support can possibly be used.

If you have a club with a million fans and 900,000 of them are local - is that not the 'club of the city' just because another club has 10 season ticket holders and all 10 of them are local?

The only basic measurement that makes any sense statistically and logically is what proportion of the city itself supports the club.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2011, 10:47:03 PM »

TBH the whole analysis of this is so open to abusive interpretaion that it's barely worth arguing about

But - if you can sell 78,000 tickets each game then you buiild a stadium that can accomodate that number - you then choose how many season ticket holders you want.

The study is pretty flawed if you're trying to prove one or the other so the answer to both your question and mine is probably no btw

So we're agreed this 'evidence' is pants for any statistical analysis?

City club of the city imo Wink
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2011, 07:00:40 AM »

Lol it seemed to be your opinion that replacing Hodgson with Dalglish would bring immediate impact ....

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 13, 2011, 12:40:32 PM »

Nearly as funny as Utd as the club of Manchester!

Lol it seemed to be your opinion that replacing Hodgson with Dalglish would bring immediate impact ....

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 13, 2011, 02:14:45 PM »

anyone know how many of fc united's st holders are from the manc area? they're probs the club of the city even though they don't play in it

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 14, 2011, 08:56:39 AM »

anyone know how many of fc united's st holders are from the manc area? they're probs the club of the city even though they don't play in it

bout 350

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2011, 05:04:38 PM »

Rafael has really slotted in to the Gary Neville complete twat role at utd.

Two footed jump in against Liverpool last week, Stevie G style lunge against Spurs that only gets a yellow.Also waving imaginary cards will endear you to most fans.

For the record does anyone know if its a rule or not to get booked if you wave an imaginary card I though i had read that somewhere before but not too sure, I would have loved the ref to say to Rafael there you go theres your yellow card and hit the showers while you're at it.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2011, 05:06:31 PM »

Two footed jump in against Liverpool last week, Stevie G style lunge against Spurs that only gets a yellow.Also waving imaginary cards will endear you to most fans.

For the record does anyone know if its a rule or not to get booked if you wave an imaginary card I though i had read that somewhere before but not too sure, I would have loved the ref to say to Rafael there you go theres your yellow card and hit the showers while you're at it.

I thought that asking for a card like that also meant you got one but am not sure whether that rule actually came in to effect.

I can't believe Andy Gray thought Crouch challenge was the same as Rafael's....I hate Andy Gray's commentary during a match (he's OK after it as I can switch it off then)

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2011, 05:07:25 PM »

I agree. Reckon Rafael will follow in Neville's footsteps and become one of the best ever PL right backs

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2011, 05:08:44 PM »

I agree. Reckon Rafael will follow in Neville's footsteps and become one of the best ever PL right backs

yea he's handling Bale well atm.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2011, 05:42:57 PM »

cya

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: