blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:17:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484778 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: January 31, 2013, 02:27:56 PM »

Hey jackinbeat no idea who you are but my point was only that whilst all the other prem threads seem to be moaning about managers, lack of fire power, consistency or spending its a nice problem for united to solve.

If you wanna call me a bin dipper feel free Smiley

I didn't call you a bindipper!!!

I will be a civil Mancunian football fan from now, but damn, that will be difficult!
lol its all cool. I don't know where you get the impression that I ain't a Utd fan from.

Didn't know one way or the other to be fair i hadn't even thought of it, just enjoying the De Gea banter. I lived in Spain and met some of his friends, he's really a lot more of a keeper than it seems from the reviews he gets. He's clearly had to dive in the deep end and try and swim and United, wouuld have loved him to have a few years as a understudy to Van de Sar, but that's life. Hopefully Valdes will fill this role :/ then again prob not!

Imagine how good he might have been had he played behind Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra for his first season
Instead he's spent pretty much his entire United career behind a back four that changes every week and has included some makeshift centre backs including Carrick more than once.

Jason - our league position is all well and good but if we give Real a goal start next week I won't be piling in to back the win
Utd are undoubtedly the best of a bad bunch in the premier league this year and when we come up against the best of Spain, Italy and dare I say Germany I don't think the best keeper in the world will make a difference

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: January 31, 2013, 02:28:46 PM »

Agree with herbie

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: January 31, 2013, 02:30:11 PM »

#keepingthefaith

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: January 31, 2013, 02:32:57 PM »

Agree with herbie
qft lol

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: January 31, 2013, 05:10:35 PM »

Hey jackinbeat no idea who you are but my point was only that whilst all the other prem threads seem to be moaning about managers, lack of fire power, consistency or spending its a nice problem for united to solve.

I will be a civil Mancunian football fan from now, but damn, that will be difficult!
lol its all cool. I don't know where you get the impression that I ain't a Utd fan from.

Didn't know one way or the other to be fair i hadn't even thought of it, just enjoying the De Gea banter. I lived in Spain and met some of his friends, he's really a lot more of a keeper than it seems from the reviews he gets. He's clearly had to dive in the deep end and try and swim and United, wouuld have loved him to have a few years as a understudy to Van de Sar, but that's life. Hopefully Valdes will fill this role :/ then again prob not!

Imagine how good he might have been had he played behind Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra for his first season
Instead he's spent pretty much his entire United career behind a back four that changes every week and has included some makeshift centre backs including Carrick more than once.

Jason - our league position is all well and good but if we give Real a goal start next week I won't be piling in to back the win

Agreed David, once we get some form of settled defence again, we might just find out. Smiley

What do I get, no sleep at night.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: January 31, 2013, 05:31:28 PM »

Agreed David, once we get some form of settled defence again, we might just find out. Smiley

Since when does any teams backline dictate how well a goalkeeper should be performing. If anything a poor backline would make a keeper look better, with more saves. It just means the keeper is exposed more, so we get to see his true colours more.

I think what you are claiming is the other way round to be honest.

If you have a keeper that is completely in command of his box, and crosses and is a great talker, then you ease the back line into playing a lot better as they have confidence in you. It definitely doesn't manifest itself the other way to anywhere near the same degree.
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: January 31, 2013, 05:47:24 PM »

Since when does any teams backline dictate how well a goalkeeper should be performing. If anything a poor backline would make a keeper look better, with more saves. It just means the keeper is exposed more, so we get to see his true colours more.

If you have a keeper that is completely in command of his box, and crosses and is a great talker, then you ease the back line into playing a lot better as they have confidence in you. It definitely doesn't manifest itself the other way to anywhere near the same degree.

Ant you got this wrong, a keeper is clearly going to look better in front of a strong back four, and have a better understanding if that back four are the same week in week out. The last part I agree with Tongue

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: January 31, 2013, 06:41:10 PM »

David Seaman looked good behind Dixon, Adams, Bould, Winterburn. Even with the ponytail.

My point was, however, that is much easier for a goalkeeper to settle in behind a good, established back line than it is when he doesn't know what the players in front of him are likely to do, or what they are capable of doing.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 01, 2013, 03:01:14 AM »

Nayim made Seaman look terrible with that lob.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 01, 2013, 08:28:44 AM »

Right, got you lads.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: February 01, 2013, 08:30:06 AM »

Would never have been surprised to see Seaman playing with a lob

jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: February 01, 2013, 09:53:45 AM »

Never knew Nayim was a hairdresser, or heard this lob style cut, take it wasn't like a flattop?

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: February 01, 2013, 09:59:59 AM »

Never knew Nayim was a hairdresser, or heard this lob style cut, take it wasn't like a flattop?

For the record

oh and this, which was a lot less funny

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: February 01, 2013, 08:26:39 PM »

Casillas, Buffon, Reina, cech, hart, Neuer to name but a few. World beaters from very early on.

There's an even longer list of keepers who came into their prime later in life, if you picked out the above names (and I don't agree with them all), then you clearly don't need me to type them all.

Of course keepers peak later - that wasn't the argument. The point is in the modern game that the best rarely become great later if they weren't already excellent by the early/mid 20's.

You cant change the criteria to "peaked later" half way through an argument to suit.

I'm hardly changing my argument, peak, become great, already one of the top keeps in the world in some departments, however you want to try and win this argument, you can't, as I said look at all keepers, the greats made mistakes, and as for not ever being great, have you actually seen anything but those sad little videos made by bindippers who have very little to say now they've been made to eat all the words the used to brag with in the 80's. Pointless to argue with you when the blinkers are so clearly fixed on,,

No, you are I'm afraid. He's not a "great" keeper. He's good. One of the better ones in the league. But never, ever great.

Perhaps our definitions of "great" are miles apart.

Lol, what are you on about, he's a GREAT shot stopper, and has other attributes that suggest he will become world class, if he isn't already. Seeing as you now support a small club, i'ts clear you get a kick from trying to pick at others, whilst you have some knowledge that's clear, it's not clear whether that knowledge is actually based on any facts other than your growing bitterness to a team and sport that's sucker punched you, I'd guess you are not from Liverpool, and would possibly have become a |Liverpool fan in the 80's?

Why so bitter? We're discussing a keeper you think is world class and I don't. Not really cause to lower the tone is it? A Utd fan talking about fans from outside of Liverpool? Give me strength.

For about the 8th time I rate him as a keeper. He's very good. For me, not world class, never going to be. It's only a opinion - although one shared by some of your own fans which obviously completely invalidates your point that I'm only trying to wind you up. Untwist those knickers and move on?
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: February 02, 2013, 12:34:12 AM »

Casillas, Buffon, Reina, cech, hart, Neuer to name but a few. World beaters from very early on.

There's an even longer list of keepers who came into their prime later in life, if you picked out the above names (and I don't agree with them all), then you clearly don't need me to type them all.

Of course keepers peak later - that wasn't the argument. The point is in the modern game that the best rarely become great later if they weren't already excellent by the early/mid 20's.

You cant change the criteria to "peaked later" half way through an argument to suit.

I'm hardly changing my argument, peak, become great, already one of the top keeps in the world in some departments, however you want to try and win this argument, you can't, as I said look at all keepers, the greats made mistakes, and as for not ever being great, have you actually seen anything but those sad little videos made by bindippers who have very little to say now they've been made to eat all the words the used to brag with in the 80's. Pointless to argue with you when the blinkers are so clearly fixed on,,

No, you are I'm afraid. He's not a "great" keeper. He's good. One of the better ones in the league. But never, ever great.

Perhaps our definitions of "great" are miles apart.

Lol, what are you on about, he's a GREAT shot stopper, and has other attributes that suggest he will become world class, if he isn't already. Seeing as you now support a small club, i'ts clear you get a kick from trying to pick at others, whilst you have some knowledge that's clear, it's not clear whether that knowledge is actually based on any facts other than your growing bitterness to a team and sport that's sucker punched you, I'd guess you are not from Liverpool, and would possibly have become a |Liverpool fan in the 80's?

Why so bitter? We're discussing a keeper you think is world class and I don't. Not really cause to lower the tone is it? A Utd fan talking about fans from outside of Liverpool? Give me strength.

For about the 8th time I rate him as a keeper. He's very good. For me, not world class, never going to be. It's only a opinion - although one shared by some of your own fans which obviously completely invalidates your point that I'm only trying to wind you up. Untwist those knickers and move on?

Who is bitter, who said he was world class, I said he was (and it's a fact) a world class shot stopper. And now you say he's very good, now who is changing their view, like I've said maybe 20 times, I think he will be world class, whatever other United fans may say is not really relevant to our argument, I don't agree with lots of fellow reds regarding what players, managers or the club does.

I'm a Mancunian, supported my local team since I 1977, glory hunters, especially Liverpool fans, just piss me off, sorry deal with it.  So as I said before Liverpool fans are impossible (and boring) to argue with, and the ones not from Liverpool aren't even funny with it, so, far from winding me up, it just make me sigh. You've got a local team now, why don't you support them??

Now stop trying to put words in my mouth and make a valid argument, be the first time I've heard one from a glory hunter, so I won't hold my breath.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: