blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:50:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484802 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2625 on: May 28, 2016, 02:30:42 PM »

Says more about where Man U are being forced to shop nowadays that their marque summer signing will be a 35 year old past his best with no experience of the league looking for a final pension.  Remember when it was pretty standard to be breaking transfer records most summers and signing players who were going to play 80-100 times for England like Rio and Rooney at the start of their careers so you had them throughout their prime just to name two?

Because he's being linked he's their marquee signing?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: May 28, 2016, 02:34:46 PM »

Says more about where Man U are being forced to shop nowadays that their marque summer signing will be a 35 year old past his best with no experience of the league looking for a final pension.  Remember when it was pretty standard to be breaking transfer records most summers and signing players who were going to play 80-100 times for England like Rio and Rooney at the start of their careers so you had them throughout their prime just to name two?

Shaw potentially fits into that category but that's it. He is the one United signing in recent seasons that I'd like to see at City. Not Englsih but Martial looks as tho he has a big future as well but will he stay?

There other big money signings since Fegruson:

Fellani
Mata
Di Maria
Herrera
Schnederlin

Shaw in the same league as Rio or Rooney or Ronaldo for Man U signings?  Do me a favour!  Martial agreed.  Real deal for me.  Married young with a kid.  Seems very focused and level headed.  Think he will be using Old Trafford as a stepping stone to bigger things though like yourself.  Can't see him being a MU 'lifer'.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 02:45:04 PM by arbboy » Logged
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: May 28, 2016, 04:27:55 PM »

Says more about where Man U are being forced to shop nowadays that their marque summer signing will be a 35 year old past his best with no experience of the league looking for a final pension.  Remember when it was pretty standard to be breaking transfer records most summers and signing players who were going to play 80-100 times for England like Rio and Rooney at the start of their careers so you had them throughout their prime just to name two?

Shaw potentially fits into that category but that's it. He is the one United signing in recent seasons that I'd like to see at City. Not Englsih but Martial looks as tho he has a big future as well but will he stay?

There other big money signings since Fegruson:

Fellani
Mata
Di Maria
Herrera
Schnederlin

Shaw in the same league as Rio or Rooney or Ronaldo for Man U signings?  Do me a favour!  Martial agreed.  Real deal for me.  Married young with a kid.  Seems very focused and level headed.  Think he will be using Old Trafford as a stepping stone to bigger things though like yourself.  Can't see him being a MU 'lifer'.

Shaw is only 20, world record transfer fee for a full back and only needs to play for England another 75 times to equal Ferdinand's tally of caps. Easy Smiley
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: May 28, 2016, 07:41:27 PM »

I personally think Mourinho is the most odious manager in football and I can’t abide the man.
As for United, Zlatan is an interesting one. Surely he isn’t up to the competitive nature of the PL at 35.
This.
Ibrahamovic smacks of a Glazer 'merchandice selling' signing to me.
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: May 30, 2016, 11:30:22 AM »

They have officially offered £15mil for Reece Oxford
As a West Ham fan
HANDS OFF
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: May 30, 2016, 12:13:23 PM »

In 5 years time, I look forward to the outpouring of people heralding United's 'famed' youth academy, with people pointing at Oxford as a great example of coming through the ranks.

Best Bitter.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: May 30, 2016, 06:54:53 PM »

In 5 years time, I look forward to the outpouring of people heralding United's 'famed' youth academy, with people pointing at Oxford as a great example of coming through the ranks.

Least you can do the same with Sterling

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: May 30, 2016, 07:04:06 PM »

Another product of the United academy scored twice for Barnsley yesterday. Ashley Fletcher was playing in the U21s at the start of the season, ahead of Marcus Rashford. Might even have got the nod vs Mittrejand(sp) instead of him.
Carpe diem.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: May 30, 2016, 07:08:28 PM »

Least you can do the same with Sterling

He'll be back at QPR by then.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: May 30, 2016, 07:14:15 PM »

Anyone watch the Man U-Liverpool game today? Thoughts?

Are Man Utd better then everyone else or is it just a poor PL this season?

Will they win a record 19th title this season?

Who do we need to buy to replace an ageing Giggs/Scholes?

Is Berba the real deal or should he go

SAF replacement? Mourinho or Guardiola?

5 1/2 years down the line, I bet you didn't for one second think that City would land Guardiola whilst you get stuck with Mourinho almost by default.

How times have changed Smiley

Best Bitter.
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: June 01, 2016, 02:32:33 PM »

Decent article about young Mr Rashford for someone who used to work for Brentford/Midtjylland - http://statsbomb.com/2016/06/arguing-about-marcus-rashford-and-young-player-development/
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: June 07, 2016, 06:48:37 AM »

Decent article about young Mr Rashford for someone who used to work for Brentford/Midtjylland - http://statsbomb.com/2016/06/arguing-about-marcus-rashford-and-young-player-development/

Interesting stuff.
I'm not at all suggesting that the comparison would be favourable, but it would be interesting to see Shearer's stats for his first games. Or Owen's.

Meantime we appear to be signing a geriatric Swede who will probably exit the European Championships due to an injury that keeps him sidelined till Christmas.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: July 01, 2016, 09:38:45 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: July 01, 2016, 07:00:49 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: July 01, 2016, 07:33:15 PM »

Didn't do much over 2 legs vs us, kept very quiet by our average defence, especially in the 2nd leg. If Mangala has you in his back pocket you should be worried Wink

A great player and talent, will probably notch a few goals but its one thing banging them in for fun in a league that you win by 31 points, and another thing altogether in the Premier League in 2016 where even the 'crap' teams can cause problems.

Good for shirt sales I bet, do they still charge by the letter to have a name on the back?

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: