blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:21:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484869 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3540 on: November 21, 2021, 04:37:38 PM »

Get Big Sam on the blower Grin

I don't think Pardiola has much of a role right now.  Would be good to have the two great footballing brains of our generation both in Manchester. 

Dream Team needed, obv.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: November 21, 2021, 06:16:08 PM »

More bad news for Man U, "I am committed to Derby County" says Wayne Rooney.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: November 21, 2021, 08:13:30 PM »

More bad news for Man U, "I am committed to Derby County" says Wayne Rooney.

He is doing pretty well given the resources he has.   Kind of an anti-Solskjaer?   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: November 23, 2021, 08:26:17 PM »

Ronny to the rescue again!  huge goal to potentially recruit who they actually want to recruit this year as a manager being in the last 16 of the CL.  WP carrick your job is done.  Football's first ever 'interim interim' manager does his job at the first attempt.  Impressive.  So impressive he might upgrade to the interim job and then hopefully the next generation of ole for 3 years then at xmas 2024 when they are still mid table we can start the process again with Ronny or Rooney as the interim manager.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 08:31:05 PM by arbboy » Logged
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: November 24, 2021, 07:47:40 AM »

Ronny to the rescue again!  huge goal to potentially recruit who they actually want to recruit this year as a manager being in the last 16 of the CL.  WP carrick your job is done.  Football's first ever 'interim interim' manager does his job at the first attempt.  Impressive.  So impressive he might upgrade to the interim job and then hopefully the next generation of ole for 3 years then at xmas 2024 when they are still mid table we can start the process again with Ronny or Rooney as the interim manager.

Two pretty good saves from DeGea rank above CR7’s goal in importance last night. The second half save was special.

Sunday’s game may flatten the Carrick bounce. Whatever the result, we should have someone other than Woodward on the recruitment job.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: January 04, 2022, 11:36:12 PM »

Despair seems appropriate.

Norwich have a (marginally) smaller gap to us than we have between us and Guardiola’s paradigm of how to build a functioning football team.

Which means the only real enjoyment to be had from the PL this season is that Liverpool won’t win it.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: January 05, 2022, 11:04:03 AM »

Norwich have a (marginally) smaller gap to us than we have between us and Guardiola’s paradigm of how to build a functioning football team.

Which means the only real enjoyment to be had from the PL this season is that Liverpool won’t win it.

Always look on the bright side of life Smiley

Since 1st December:

Pep     P8 W8 D0 L0  Pts 24
Spurs. P6 W4 D 2 L0  Pts 14
Liverp.  P7 W4 D 2 L1  Pts 14
United   P6 W4 D 1 L1  Pts 13
Chelsea P8 W3 D 4 L4  Pts 12
Arsenal P7 W4 D0 L3  Pts  12

Based on points per game you are the 3rd most in-form team since the 1st December.
And still the CL to play for.

Meanwhile Arsenal fans are buzzing after their "best performance in years" with  7 shots against a subpar City and throwing it away with the same old lack of discipline.

Funny old game.

Edit: Ronaldo was a mistake.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 11:06:05 AM by Archer » Logged
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: January 05, 2022, 11:48:58 AM »

Since 1st December:

Based on points per game you are the 3rd most in-form team since the 1st December.

Meanwhile Arsenal fans are buzzing after their "best performance in years" with  7 shots against a subpar City and throwing it away with the same old lack of discipline.

Funny old game.

Thank you for your words of encouragement.

We’re still in the FA Cup too! maybe we can revert to the 80s/90s role of being a Cup team for a while.

Statistics conceal so much though. It’s not just about results (I mean, obviously it is, but…) it’s also about style and the sense that we should be better than we are.
If all our players were fit what would be our strongest team? DeGea is the only certainty. Pep, Klopp, Tuchel all have at least six automatic picks.

Reverse schadenfreude is an awful sensation and I suffer it every time I see your lot flow forward with passes that don’t have to be thought about because the players have such a high level of understanding of their roles.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: January 05, 2022, 12:14:15 PM »

Since 1st December:

Funny old game.

We’re still in the FA Cup too! maybe we can revert to the 80s/90s role of being a Cup team for a while.

Statistics conceal so much though. It’s not just about results (I mean, obviously it is, but…) it’s also about style and the sense that we should be better than we are.
If all our players were fit what would be our strongest team? DeGea is the only certainty. Pep, Klopp, Tuchel all have at least six automatic picks.

Reverse schadenfreude is an awful sensation and I suffer it every time I see your lot flow forward with passes that don’t have to be thought about because the players have such a high level of understanding of their roles.

meh, he has had 5 games(?), you have had one bad result and you are still in the Champions League.   Surely top 4 is still a possibility too?

Think we should do a swap and you should spend a couple of seasons suporting Bradford City and I get to cheer on all your underperforming show ponies for a bit.  Sure I'd still have a better time of it.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: January 05, 2022, 01:49:14 PM »

Since 1st December:

Funny old game.

meh, he has had 5 games(?), you have had one bad result and you are still in the Champions League.   Surely top 4 is still a possibility too?

Think we should do a swap and you should spend a couple of seasons suporting Bradford City and I get to cheer on all your underperforming show ponies for a bit.  Sure I'd still have a better time of it.

It’s not impatience with Rangnick that fuels my frustrations. It’s the sense that no matter how astute and tactically smart he may be, no matter how adept he and his team are at devising training routines, and no matter how clever our new mental performance coach is nothing will change without a substantial change of playing personnel and another few seasons of cup runs and league disappointments.

You are right, and I know that struggles are relative. I’ve got plenty of memories of being not quite good enough to pip Liverpool for the league in the 70s and 80s. I’ve got memories of being not good enough for the top flight too!

Bradford City you say? Tempting

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: January 05, 2022, 02:37:12 PM »

Since 1st December:

Funny old game.

It’s not impatience with Rangnick that fuels my frustrations. It’s the sense that no matter how astute and tactically smart he may be, no matter how adept he and his team are at devising training routines, and no matter how clever our new mental performance coach is nothing will change without a substantial change of playing personnel and another few seasons of cup runs and league disappointments.

You are right, and I know that struggles are relative. I’ve got plenty of memories of being not quite good enough to pip Liverpool for the league in the 70s and 80s. I’ve got memories of being not good enough for the top flight too!

I remember dropping out of the premier league and people saying well at least we can be competitive and win a few games in the championship.  And it has been a bit like that since then, with many false dawns.   

Think you should still have a bit of hope given how individually talented many of your squad are, and we aren't THAT far off the playoffs...  If you squint hard enough, you can almost imagine how you could play like City when you put it all together.

If it is any consolation you have become a bit of a pity team for me, and I was genuinely urging you to score against Wolves.  Better than to be hated I guess, though struggle to hate any team right now.  Think Watford are probably closest due to the crappy way they treat their managers.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: January 05, 2022, 05:49:12 PM »

Since 1st December:

Pep     P8 W8 D0 L0  Pts 24
Spurs. P6 W4 D 2 L0  Pts 14
Liverp.  P7 W4 D 2 L1  Pts 14
United   P6 W4 D 1 L1  Pts 13
Chelsea P8 W3 D 4 L4  Pts 12
Arsenal P7 W4 D0 L3  Pts  12

Meanwhile Arsenal fans are buzzing after their "best performance in years" with  7 shots against a subpar City and throwing it away with the same old lack of discipline.

Funny old game.

I remember dropping out of the premier league and people saying well at least we can be competitive and win a few games in the championship.  And it has been a bit like that since then, with many false dawns.   

Think you should still have a bit of hope given how individually talented many of your squad are, and we aren't THAT far off the playoffs...  If you squint hard enough, you can almost imagine how you could play like City when you put it all together.

If it is any consolation you have become a bit of a pity team for me, and I was genuinely urging you to score against Wolves.  Better than to be hated I guess, though struggle to hate any team right now.  Think Watford are probably closest due to the crappy way they treat their managers.

I know what you mean about struggling to hate other teams. I am in awe of the way that City play right now and can even find a grudging admiration for parts of the Liverpool team. I don’t like Klopp much, but part of that may be envy that he’s there and not at OT.
Oh, and I’ve been squinting like that for a few years now. It’s beginning to make my face hurt.

At least the managers at Watford know what they are signing up for.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: January 07, 2022, 05:38:10 PM »

How anyone can't like Klopp is puzzling, to me.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: January 10, 2022, 12:14:16 AM »

Like I said, part of it might be envy.

Part of it might be that he’s irritating.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: January 10, 2022, 05:35:24 PM »

Like I said, part of it might be envy.

Part of it might be that he’s irritating.

One of those types of people where it's very easy to understand why Liverpool fans love him but I also find him very irritating. In fairness, the irritation is mainly driven by post match interviews which are probably 85% due to the inanity of the questions asked rather than him. Perhaps I'll try finding him speaking in other scenarios to give him a chance to redeem himself

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: