blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:54:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  4,000 STTs in 4 months
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4,000 STTs in 4 months  (Read 161460 times)
thetank

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2006, 08:52:35 AM »

In the last six weeks I've only averaged 10 sit n go's a day. Not nearly enough, I'm getting too lazy. What I need is a target to shoot for and in Pokerstars new frequent player pont program I think I've found it.

My aim is to get to the Supernova level (100,000 VPP's) by the end of April. So it's 4,000 $55+5 tournaments in 4 months. Once I get this I can enjoy the equivalent of about 28% rakeback. (For explanation see the Porsche for FPP post)  I'm hoping to maintain an ROI of 15%, but will be happy with anything in double figures. If I hit the 15% target that'll be $36,000.

Day 1 went ok, 41 tournaments down (1% of my task completed Cheesy). Up $548 so 22.2% ROI so far (very early days, doesn't mean anything yet, but it's nice to get off to a winning start)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 02:13:38 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 08:54:43 AM »

Tank, keep us updated,  thumbs up

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 10:11:39 AM »

please excuse my ignorance, but what's ROI?
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 10:17:40 AM »

Return On Investment

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 01:13:58 PM »

It's a term we use in poker, don't worry about it for now you will understand about it later... Cool

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 01:15:51 PM »

It's a term we use in poker, don't worry about it for now you will understand about it later... Cool

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 01:40:23 PM »

There is only one meaning for ROI...........

Repulic Of Ireland

anything else is a cheap imitation!! Cheesy

sponsored by Fyffes
portfolio

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 03:32:57 PM »

tank,

do u intend to play   ,on avg,33  stt s per day for 4 months,investing a total of  $240k
to win $36k (hopefully) whilst holding down a f/t  job  to  claim a 28% rakeback  allowance??
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 04:13:28 PM »

I donmt think our tanko is "working" in the general sense od the word, Poker is work for tank.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 06:43:22 PM »

tank,

do u intend to play   ,on avg,33  stt s per day for 4 months,investing a total of  $240k
to win $36k (hopefully) whilst holding down a f/t  job  to  claim a 28% rakeback  allowance??

The job is p/t not f/t but yes, that's precisely what I intend to do. Some days I'll play none, some I'll play 60 etc. The whole point of it is to get me to play more, the Supernova VIP status is a means to an end, a target I have in mind. I'm doing this to get the $36k rather than the Supernova status, the point is, without a goal in mind I'd probably only play 1000 instead of 4000 and make just $9k (which barely keeps me in macaroons.)

It's not as bad as it all sounds. I can manage 40+ turbo sit n' gos in 8 hours very easily.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 06:47:40 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
portfolio

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 06:48:44 PM »

gl.hope u keep updating.
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 07:19:18 PM »

Im really interested in this thread tank as i intend to give my full attention
to STT's in 2006, i have no real $$ target in mind but would like to of gotten
to the stage by june/july to regularly earning at the $50/$100 level. (current bank roll only allows for the $10/$20)

so please keep us up to date and good luck mate.

P.S  do u only STT's on stars or can u recommend another decent site for structures and  fish
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 07:58:06 PM »

By good structure do you mean slow structure? If so, the regular tournaments on Pokerstars are very good. I hear blue square just started ones slow blind levels aswell.

I prefer a bad structure, Greatly reduced ROI% but an increased hourly rate. (If it takes 50 minutes, rather than 1 hour 40 minutes, to complete a tournament you can play twice as many.)

As for the  fish fish fish I found the low limit STTs on Party Poker to be the easiest dosh I ever made. Loads of traffic there, you'll never have to wait for a table, the structure is decent, 10 hands a limit, rather than timed levels. The only problem is Party are evil.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2006, 08:09:30 PM »

How many of these do you play at once (41 in one day is almost as many as I've played since June!)

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
TheJagster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2006, 08:16:44 PM »

Good Luck in ur quest Tank....seems ambitious with any work committment at all.

Ive found $50 and $100 on paradise profitable and again they are based on blinds up every 10 hands......this seems to mean a similar time at early stages but a crapshoot when the table is down to 4 and below and blinds seem to be increasing every 5 mins or less.

Let us know hew you get on mate.   

26. Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: