blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:27:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 142142 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2011, 03:46:57 PM »

Just have a sniff of whatever you want to eat.

If it makes you feel sick don't eat it.

NOTE: This applies to other things as well as food.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2011, 03:51:37 PM »

The clue's in the description isn't it?

'Best Before' means it's best before - it might not be as strong or taste quite the same after that date, but it won't poison you.

'Use by' means use it by that date, otherwise it might poison you.

But they've both got comfortable margins of error built in, so smell, sight, taste and texture is the way to really tell whether you should chuck it out

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
MrsBoldie

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2011, 04:09:46 PM »

Truth is:

Men with a woman in their life haven't a clue - they only eat stuff in date because the woman in question will throw out stuff past its sell by date.  And single men put the sore belly down to alcohol.....

C, C always C - unless you're skint, why would you take the risk?

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2011, 04:12:48 PM »

Truth is:

Men with a woman in their life haven't a clue - they only eat stuff in date because the woman in question will throw out stuff past its sell by date.  And single men put the sore belly down to alcohol.....

See Laxie brought in re-enforcements... Wink

You're just being silly really. We don't throw food out just because it's a day over. Lettuce etc and fruit and all thet nonsense is fine after the best before date. so is milk.

Hell, when I had bad toothache I took those soluble tablets that were a year out of date...they still worked fine Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2011, 04:13:56 PM »

According to "Food Fighters" on BBC1 daytime this week (Thursday I think) about 10 billion quid worth of food is chucked away from households, mostly edible and safe stuff past its sell by/ use by dates. Worth seeing if its on i-player.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2011, 04:18:10 PM »

Truth is:

utter, utter nonsense. how do you cope with fruit/veg from markets or cakes from the cake shop that don't come printed with best before dates? common sense would be my guess

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
MrsBoldie

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2011, 04:21:22 PM »

Truth is:

utter, utter nonsense. how do you cope with fruit/veg from markets or cakes from the cake shop that don't come printed with best before dates? common sense would be my guess

If there's no sell by date, it has to be common sense.  But common sense would also say to me that the date is there for a reason.......

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2011, 04:22:18 PM »

Truth is:

If there's no sell by date, it has to be common sense.  But common sense would also say to me that the date is there for a reason.......

Mineral water has a best before date printed on it - does that mean it's gone off after that date?

2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2011, 04:24:30 PM »

And as I suggested above wouldn't common sense dictate that 'best before' means that the product is - best before - that date, and hence by implication still okay to consume after the date as well?

2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2011, 04:25:34 PM »

Do you really reckon that an apple I buy today will be nice on Saturday but not so nice on sunday because Sainsbury's tells me so?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2011, 04:25:53 PM »

Truth is:

Boldie has a BBE date - I'm sure it's something like 1982.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2011, 04:26:25 PM »

Just have a sniff of whatever you want to eat.

If it makes you feel sick don't eat it.

NOTE: This applies to other things as well as food.

Wise words.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
MrsBoldie

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2011, 04:27:05 PM »

Truth is:

Mineral water has a best before date printed on it - does that mean it's gone off after that date?

From bottledwaterinformation.co.uk

Why is there a sell by date on bottled water when it’s often comes from a source that’s potentially thousands of years old?
To prevent any taints or odours passing through the material and affecting the product.  Also, the CO2 in carbonated water will slowly leak away.

On saying that, I think that's a load of tosh and you do have a point...  As does pretty much everyone posting.  Just been a while since I posted and it's nice to see some healthy argument Smiley
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2011, 04:27:48 PM »

Truth is:

Boldie has a BBE date - I'm sure it's something like 1982.

shhh, don't make MrsB throw me out.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2011, 04:29:32 PM »

Cosmetics often have a 'use-by' date on them (usually in months from the day it's opened).  The daily mail explains why:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/beauty/article-1211047/Out-date-cosmetics-threat-health.html

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: