blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:07:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 142804 times)
trafficjam

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: November 28, 2011, 03:35:22 PM »

Great write up Laxie, I can see you all had a brilliant time!

I must refrain from falling in love with my hole cards!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #766 on: November 28, 2011, 04:38:22 PM »

Thursday was home time but we'd lots to do yet.  Luckily, we weren't too bad the night before and saw some amount of sleep.  Up bright and early, myself and Jack found the local Walgreen's where I stocked up on a few of my favourite American snacks to bring back home. 

Easy Cheesy, triscuits, jolly ranchers, slim jim stix, chex mix, wonka this and that, godiva, hershey, butterfinger bars and last but definitely not least - CHEETOS!  One of my all time top five favourite snacks on the planet.  And NO!!!  They're NOT like yer Wotsits.  Not even close.

I went for a shopping trolley when we walked in the door, but Jack talked me down to a basket.  He had a point.  We were running out of places to pack things.  The look of shock on his face when the clerk announced the total was still pretty comical.  "What?!  But we only got a basket's worth!"  Even she was giggling.  Poor Jack.

CHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETOS!...they're the best!

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 28, 2011, 04:49:07 PM »

Objection! Godiva should not be listed as an 'american food'. It's quite clearly not american chocolate because it doesn't taste of puke Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 28, 2011, 04:53:21 PM »

Objection! Godiva should not be listed as an 'american food'. It's quite clearly not american chocolate because it doesn't taste of puke Smiley

Fine.  Keep yer Godiva.  It's shite anyway.  Doesn't even come close to these bad boys...

Now that right there? ^^^  THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 28, 2011, 06:09:07 PM »

Fine.  Keep yer Godiva.  It's shite anyway.  Doesn't even come close to these bad boys...

if that tastes better (to a normal person) that godiva chocs I will eat my hat.  That would probably also taste better Cheesy

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 28, 2011, 06:20:49 PM »

if that tastes better (to a normal person) that godiva chocs I will eat my hat.  That would probably also taste better Cheesy

When you calling over here ffs?  Can't promise how long they'll survive.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #771 on: November 28, 2011, 06:53:55 PM »

Thursday was home time but we'd lots to do yet.  Luckily, we weren't too bad the night before and saw some amount of sleep.  Up bright and early, myself and Jack found the local Walgreen's where I stocked up on a few of my favourite American snacks to bring back home. 

Easy Cheesy, triscuits, jolly ranchers, slim jim stix, chex mix, wonka this and that, godiva, hershey, butterfinger bars and last but definitely not least - CHEETOS!  One of my all time top five favourite snacks on the planet.  And NO!!!  They're NOT like yer Wotsits.  Not even close.

I went for a shopping trolley when we walked in the door, but Jack talked me down to a basket.  He had a point.  We were running out of places to pack things.  The look of shock on his face when the clerk announced the total was still pretty comical.  "What?!  But we only got a basket's worth!"  Even she was giggling.  Poor Jack.

They're bloody Wotsits that's wot

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #772 on: November 28, 2011, 06:55:47 PM »

Great Reportage BTW.

Captured the holiday really well

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 28, 2011, 07:22:54 PM »

They're bloody Wotsits that's wot

No they are NOT Wotsits and not even close, but yer foreign...yer not expected to know the difference.  x

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 28, 2011, 07:24:10 PM »

Just read in one go. Great trip report/photos. Looked like everyone had a great time!

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 28, 2011, 08:48:12 PM »

Much nicer than wotsits, several bags consumed on my last trip confirm that Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 09, 2011, 01:27:16 PM »

YAY!!!  Was looking for some Christmas tunes to try and get me in the mood for writing out the cards, when I stumbled on the movie I abso LOVED as a kid around this time of year...

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #777 on: December 09, 2011, 01:29:56 PM »

YAY!!!  Was looking for some Christmas tunes to try and get me in the mood for writing out the cards, when I stumbled on the movie I abso LOVED as a kid around this time of year...

Wow, I remember that clip...I was -10 YO at that time.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 09, 2011, 01:37:50 PM »

I wasn't born yet either when it first came out.  And by the time I was of an age to appreciate modern technology, I didn't care how crap the quality on this one was.  I was already hooked.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 09, 2011, 01:40:32 PM »

The wee one on the left has me in stitches every time I look at this picture

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: