blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:36:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 367392 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: September 04, 2012, 06:43:06 PM »

in before Sean loses £400 tomorrow and reapplies to Genting.

haha
Hope you never had 97.5% of his action. Could easily explain why he is AWOL Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: September 04, 2012, 07:00:56 PM »

Everyone with a diary is getting the lot. Might have to reboot my excuse at an attempt!
You were dealing again this weekend? Does this mean you can't play Dtd for 6 months?

Done 3 weekend shifts. Been helping out and getting a bit of money on the side so wont be banned. Had a chat with Danny about it before I started and he said Id be fine
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: September 04, 2012, 07:07:39 PM »

Everyone with a diary is getting the lot. Might have to reboot my excuse at an attempt!
You were dealing again this weekend? Does this mean you can't play Dtd for 6 months?

Done 3 weekend shifts. Been helping out and getting a bit of money on the side so wont be banned. Had a chat with Danny about it before I started and he said Id be fine
Oh cool. Did not know if you had to wait a few months again. Should have known really because I saw Maddy playing on Friday and dealing on Saturday. Keep fading having you deal but not as annoying as fading Penny Sad

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: September 04, 2012, 08:03:22 PM »

Thanks everyone for the support and for the kind words.

Since the bink I've slept for 14 hours, eaten pancakes, and slept for another hour. Tell me that's not the life of a champion 6th place finisher.

Will be a trip report later - plenty of tl;dr - just popped in to say thanks. Going to get some real food now for the first time since Thursday. Smiley
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: September 04, 2012, 09:01:02 PM »

Diary + moaning it in ftw!
Yeah Sean needs to get his arse in gear and post a positive entry before that down swing comes or he loses his 6 pack

hoping so...

Cheesy

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: September 05, 2012, 07:17:51 PM »

Day 1c

Went for a swim and a sit in the sauna prior to playing on the Saturday, which is something I will probably do with 100% frequency before playing a tournament from now on. If you're going to sit and fold on a 10-handed table for a few hours, you might as well feel amazing! So I arrived at Dusk, just on time due to roadworks, wedged myself uncomfortably amongst nine people that quite liked to spread out at the table, forgot my Twitter password and settled down for an afternoon of pitching my cards into the muck.

The first hand I played was an awesome cooler, where I would definitely have got the lot at any later blind level. Unfortunately though, we were 100/200; pretty difficult to get 50k stacks in. I opened to 500 with , was called from the small blind and the big blind folded. The flop was the inevitable . Check/check. Turn . Check/check. River was the . Not only "BINK!" but "DOUBLE BINK," when he leads for 800 into me. I thought it was quite likely he had a ten here and was only going to get a small chunk so I made it 2k and to my surprise he makes it 6,600. Guess I was way off with my initial assessment and he definitely had the full house of some kind. Wasn't sure whether to make it tiny here to get him to jam or make it big 'cause he can never fold. Went with the latter and made it 17,500. He called pretty quickly with the . What a delicious cooler. Nom nom.

The hand before the first break I opened the Beltons, , called by the station on the button. Was pretty happy when I flopped . Just bet/bet/bet on the turn and river. Unsure what he had, but I got three streets and was up to 80k at this point, ready to spew it off to some lucky punter in the right place at the right time. It was almost the same guy that happened to be this lucky punter. I opened Two Diamonds, was called by the three players behind me, then the same guy just 3bet his change leaving exactly 25k behind. I decided I hated his 3bet size and his spot was too perfect, so a 4bet had to look massive. I got three snapfolds and he called pretty quickly. Reckon there was not many flops I was cbetting this hand with, but Two Clubs two spades happened to be one of them. I bet tiny and he snap jammed. He looked sick at my hand as I called, and revealed the Beltons. I faded the justice queenball, and was up to 110k. What a life.

This is where things to a turn for the bizarre. In this guy's place we got some old man, who would only fasten up one of the buttons on his shirt, and fail to correctly put in any chips if it was a call or a blind. We would wait for a minute and a half while he fiddled about with every colour chip, his hairy moobs flapping around shamelessly and eventually put in three times too much, before knocking over a chunk of chips in a sweaty frustration and getting the dealer to do it for him. This guy, over the next two blind levels, whacked everyone. He open limped mid position, the button raised, I 3bet the big blind, he just called again. I bet/folded KK on A T 7 and he congratulated me as he tabled the A4. Unsure if this guy was a genius or a genuine tard. That is until he open to 8k at the 400/800 level and called off a 40k shove with . Then I was quite happy to put a line through the "genius" read. Naturally he went broke with one pair and the nit to my right got ALL the chips, then the table was split and I could say goodbye to the soft blinds before being moved to the immediate right of who I assume had to be the chipleader at the time.

I was so incredibly card dead on this table, and the action was mental. There was no way I was getting a bluff through anyone, I just had to be patient and pick up a decent enough hand to shovel it all in with and cross my fingers I held. So I'm rotting away with the 10bb stack and the button opens, I peel back the and jam. He snaps and turns over the . How are you supposed to find that hand in that spot?! So I'm out of my seat, the jacket's on, I'm ready to go and post the bad news on my diary, and the dealer puts an ace in the window. As he spreads the flop, a beautiful red ten is revealed. The dream is still alive and we're rocking 23 bigs! An orbit or so later we get the same spot. He opens, I 3bet the , he 4bet jams and I call super quick. He goes, "it's never good news when you turn your hand over before the chips go over the line," before revealing the . Standard cooler, I guess... I internally bokked myself on the two spades Two Clubs board. "Yes! Flopped him dead!" I thought to myself. on the turn, on the river. "You're a gross human," came a voice from his rail. Sigh. Dream re-almost over.

Pretty much the last hand of the day I jammed from the button into the big blind who was going to be getting it in super light. I just wanted some chips to come back to and so did he. When he calls, I just have to hold in a 65/35 probably. He calls. . Boringhell. The flop comes 8 high all clubs, so it's still a flip, but I bink and fade like a boss and make day 2 with the average stack of 187k, just 47k more than I peaked at prior to the second break. Incredibly stoked to have finally made a day 2, as the scenario was starting to feel very much like the turn of events in the last £500 deepstack where I was absolutely massive on both day 1's, only to lose retarded pots and fail to come back for the sunday. So for the first time since I was a dealer there I was bagging up chips for the second day, and for the first time since I left the womb I was feeling pretty confident. Smiley
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: September 06, 2012, 12:49:26 PM »

Day 2

We redrew seats at the beginning of day 2, I landed a pretty soft table with the exception of Dan Morgan to my right. Everyone else was 4xing it and showing. I used this time to be completely card dead and play zero hands before the table broke and I got moved to table Devilfish, who occupied seat 9, and the eventual finalist Kie Plater who had seat 1.

There was a pretty funny hand a few orbits in during the 4k/8k blind level, where Kie opens to 16k, I 3bet from the big blind to 42k and change, and as Gordan Goodall would say, "go off into outer space." So I'm staring pretty intently at the felt to appear neutral, 'cause I'm a giant tellbox, and after a good four or five minutes I was like "ffs what's this kid tanking so hard about?" and I looked up to see he'd moved a stack of 25k chips over the line to set me in. "... Did you say all in?" I queried. I didn't really know how to reveal the bad news. I'd just unintentionally slowrolled someone incredibly hard, and what's worse is that I turned an ace to reduce his amount of justice outs from two to zero. I buried my face in my phone and didn't speak to anyone for an hour.

I didn't really pick up much of a hand for a long time, raise-folded once when every ounce of me wanted to find the 4bet, but the nit within was pushing my cards over the line instead of my stack. Turns out it would have definitely worked, but my patience was rewarded with two kings on the button. I was a mere 7bb deep and was going to jam blind unopened, but the shortstack moved in and I was forced to squeeze out the . I held against and got a well-needed double up. The very next hand I find , jam and run into . This feels familiar. "I'm not sweating this, I'm pretty good with three outs," I said, right before the ace in the window. Bink.

With three tables left, I found AQ and held against AJ, then rotted away for a bit, winning the occasional bit of juice to keep me on or around 1.5mil with a 2mil average. Won a small pot versus James Keys which is definitely going in my hall of fame. Would be pretty interesting to know what he had. I can;t remember the blind level, I think it was 25k/50k/5k. He min opens, called by the guy to his immediate left, I call on the button. Flop was . Keys bets 105k, villain 2 folds, I make it 310k with just over a milli behind, he tanks and folds as well.

That pretty much concluded day 2, I was coming back to day 3 with an absolute bowl but pretty high spirits and my biggest live cash already in the bag.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: September 06, 2012, 01:17:51 PM »

Day 2

We redrew seats at the beginning of day 2, I landed a pretty soft table with the exception of Dan Morgan to my right. Everyone else was 4xing it and showing.

ahem...

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: September 06, 2012, 01:42:16 PM »

Got to be careful with these TRs Sean!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: September 06, 2012, 02:28:39 PM »

Why am I not invited to ur after bink mate?
I even text to say congrat . Am I to old for the party?
Congrat with the bink
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1570 on: September 06, 2012, 02:37:48 PM »

Run good Belton Smiley

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: September 06, 2012, 04:55:33 PM »

Congrat with the bink
With your good looks most of the girls would flock to you not leaving much spare for the brothers Wink

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: September 06, 2012, 06:50:47 PM »

Day 2

We redrew seats at the beginning of day 2, I landed a pretty soft table with the exception of Dan Morgan to my right. Everyone else was 4xing it and showing.

ahem...

If you weren't 4xing and showing, you clearly weren't included in the "soft" portion of the table. Wink You must also have been gutted with the table break.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: September 06, 2012, 07:32:37 PM »

Day 2

ahem...

If you weren't 4xing and showing, you clearly weren't included in the "soft" portion of the table. Wink You must also have been gutted with the table break.

tbh I was happy to move, DMorgan to my left, you to his left and Marcin Milde with a monster stack to my right wasn't my idea of a dream seat

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: September 06, 2012, 08:26:05 PM »

Congrat with the bink

Huh?!!!!!!!!?Huh?
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: