blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:25:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 369968 times)
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: September 08, 2012, 02:12:42 PM »

Mr Clarke really "philt the power" of my 80s music knowledge last night. At one point I think I was 4/5. It does help when they're all James Bond themes of course. Whilst listening to the Absolute 80's radio station at Dusk though, we were forced to sit and watch some disgusting thriller called "Captivity" I believe, because the remote for the TV had broken. Anyone who's ever met me will know that I don't do well when confronted with a television. As much as I wanted to look away, I was... captivated. Definitely helped me bide the time while I folded. It's pretty weird having achieved a small feat, how happy and supportive a lot of the locals and regs are. I've shaken so many hands and thanked so many people over the last couple of days, which is definitely the greater achievement as I am horribly awkward in social situations. At least I no longer squeal like a dolphin giving birth when people go to touch me. Now that's progress.

But seriously, thanks everybody once again for the support and belief. You guys are the best.

Only played three hands last night, and flopped lots of the same suit. I'd probably only been at the table one orbit when I 3bet the to £26 following a £7 open and one caller. We went three ways to the flop of . When will it end? Got three streets for stacks (only £200 effective, but meh, is £200 innit.)

I waited about 2 hours until I opened another hand. This one was way more interesting though. The £4 was on, the lady limps, the active guy - Pat, I think his name is - raises to £20. I'm on the button and feel like any sort of semi hand is getting 3bet here, so I make it £58 expecting my nitty image will pick me up the dead money a ton of the time. No. No dead money. Not when I have a plan that's definitely going to work. The big blind cold calls. The limper calls. The raiser explains to me that "it would be rude to fold now," and flicks it in. So what was supposed to be the easiest £30 ever has now turned into a £250 pot that I'm going to have to fight pretty hard for. I flopped gin for ranges, . I got it checked to me and made it £135. Got three pretty quick folds. "Pick one," I said, and the was revealed. Weeee. This nit isn't officially an old man yet.

Got another hand right at the end of the night blind on blind versus Pat again. He makes it £6 and I defend with the . Flop comes . He leads for £10 and I make it £31. He calls. I think this is pretty standard so far? I've been discussing recently about the genuine value of the pair + flush draw combo, and I guess I didn't have much of a plan if he 3bets this flop, 'cause I'm £800 deep and he covers. I just didn't think he'd 3bet a lot of hands, so wanted to get some money in before I realised my equity in a bowl pot. Wink Turn was the , he checks I bet £35 and he makes it £110. Would anyone raise here? I think looking back I way prefer a raise just to get his overcard diamond to put a small chunk in now, but I was pretty sure after the turn checkraise - especially given the flop action - that he would definitely lead river. But he checks on the , I try and squeeze out another £170 but he sighs and folds pretty quickly.

Made bang on £500 which isn't bad for a VPIP of 4%. Riding the rush and all that. First five figure month one time please September?
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: September 08, 2012, 02:13:17 PM »

Thanks for the comments in the diary mate, appreciate it.

I'm trying, and I am getting there. Played a £100 fo tonight and bar one bluff and one hero-down.... both in 'hmmm meh' spots. I busted on a misdeal = sucks.

What's the plan for the big win money? investment, rent, roll?

Smiley

Plan of action is to pay some bills and eat some sushi! Still gojng to grind the 50/1 at Gala and the 1/2 at Dusk.

And continue to slowroll of course!
philthepower

View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: September 10, 2012, 12:39:59 PM »

Captivity was so bad I had to research it, it has an approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes of 7%-I don't think I've ever seen a film with a lower mark. As for the attempt to casually dismiss your run on 80's songs as being all Bond soundtracks, this criminally overlooks the astonishing nailing of the J.geils Band 'Centrefold', confirming a run of form so unnerving that I was reluctant to enter a pot with you. When will it end?
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: September 10, 2012, 12:45:49 PM »

Come on Sean i keep checking blonde for another blast of Belton poker wit and
it ends with disappointment each time. Post more please.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1594 on: September 10, 2012, 02:26:17 PM »

Captivity was so bad I had to research it, it has an approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes of 7%-I don't think I've ever seen a film with a lower mark. As for the attempt to casually dismiss your run on 80's songs as being all Bond soundtracks, this criminally overlooks the astonishing nailing of the J.geils Band 'Centrefold', confirming a run of form so unnerving that I was reluctant to enter a pot with you. When will it end?

He knew the name of the band, the name of the song, or had just possibly heard the song at least once previously?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
philthepower

View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: September 10, 2012, 03:21:27 PM »

The full boat: Band and Song.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1596 on: September 10, 2012, 04:27:32 PM »

He's got a new phone, he must have been using that.  The other option is that he's been abducted by aliens from the 80s who have filled his memory with 80s music trivia...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: September 10, 2012, 06:41:02 PM »

He's got a new phone, he must have been using that.  The other option is that he's been abducted by aliens from the 80s who have filled his memory with 80s music trivia...

or he has American Anthems on all the time on his ipod? Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: September 11, 2012, 06:46:00 AM »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: September 13, 2012, 11:06:38 AM »

I obviously cannot discount this theory; but the much more likely reason is that, for a consecutive year or so when I was 16, they would always close with the same three songs at Rock City. As soon as Nickelback's "How You Remind Me" came on, you knew it was 3am and you knew it was almost time to square dance with the entire room to "Angel Is The Centerfold" followed by a five minute air guitar solo to "Sweet Child O' Mine" before you got on the bus home with a ton of drunk inner-city kids.

What's even spookier than my odd form on 80's mastermind is that I've not made a straight flush with Phil at the table for at least two or three sessions. I don't understand what's happening.

Even worse than that is how horribly I played two hands on Sunday night. One time I was bluff-catching with top set, and the other time I won at showdown with a merge heavily weighted towards bluffs. Ended up breaking even somehow. Would way rather not have that session on the record books and instead break even by taking the night off. Tongue Oh well, it's all experience...

Next couple of nights nothing really happened except I got coolered in a big pot each night. See what you think of these.

otb. UTG makes it £5 at £1/2, four callers. I know I'm supposed to make it £33 and just win here, but I flicked it in 'cause (in theory at least) I'm unlikely to make a huge mistake post and I'm tortured by selective memory at the moment where I've not got a single squeeze through or even heads up since I can remember.

Flop is . OR makes it £24, which is indicative of spade&pair(&gutshot) most of the time I think. Villain 2 makes it £55, which is indicative of nothing whatsoever, so I call 'cause a lot of the time I'm going to have a pretty easy decision on the turn. This is when the OR makes it £120 with about £180 back. He basically has to know villain 2 is at it, and I'm guessing he knows that I know villain 2 is at it so he's trying to move me off some and I guess he is viably repping a genuinely strong hand by this point. I thought for a while and stuck the rest in 'cause there's still supposed to be only a few if not just one nut flush combo(s) he can have utg with the K, Q, J and 9 blocked.

When he doesn't snap call I'm pretty happy, but then he thinks for a minute and calls with . Truly nitrolled, and I know if Tom Walster is reading this he definitely just fistpumped. Wink

The second hand was in a £1/1 game, where there's three limpers to my button with , so I make it £7 and get two callers. Flop is , goes check check, I bet £15, call call. Turn was the . Check check, I bet £33, fold, raise to £96 with £100 back. This one is less close right? I have to move in here even if he does have more theoretical nut-flush combos than villain in hand 1, because he has a ton of other stuff too and again I can still improve versus the nuts.

Thoughts?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1600 on: September 13, 2012, 01:03:14 PM »

Coolers, move on.

Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: September 13, 2012, 01:09:31 PM »

Coolers, move on.

/\ This

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: September 13, 2012, 02:14:55 PM »

sounds like a fold

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: September 13, 2012, 02:17:40 PM »

sounds like a fold

k9 is std.

def squeeze q10 pre too imo.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: September 13, 2012, 02:45:32 PM »

sounds like a fold

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: