blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 01:50:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 373092 times)
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2340 on: April 21, 2013, 02:24:08 PM »

Yesterday was Beth's birthday. We went out on the Tuesday night to eat at Iberico. I'd only been there once before and that was to celebrate PeeJay's grand prix victory which Plinton had organised. I know he was catering for about 20 of us and thus had to pick something he thought everyone would enjoy, but bless him he managed to pick just about nothing that I liked the look of. Their menu was really good though so I felt it needed a second chance, and it was well worth it. Absolutely fantastic cuisine, incredible service, nice decor and reasonable prices. If you're ever in the mood for tapas, I suggest you head down to Iberico and give it a try; you won't be disappointed.

We met up with Matt and Nick, who were just finishing up at pitcher & Piano before we headed down to Tilt where we were joined by Andy and Jordan (the couple we went away with for a week in Venice.) The drinks there look fantastic, and even though my intolerance to alcohol means I can't enjoy any myself, I'm assured they're every bit as delicious as they sound. The guy who runs the place is lovely as can be, treated us like old friends, and earned himself a generous tip. The banter was first rate as we discussed such topics as "sickest slowrolls" and "five movies you would recommend."

The next morning, I took Beth out to get massages as a treat. I mean, we go there once a month but I don't always foot the entire bill. Wink It's an Aveda spa next to the ROKO health club in West Bridgeford and it's excellent for just washing away the stresses and strains of life as a grinder and the tension and lactic acid build up of recreational resistance training. I know, I know: first world problems, but their hour-long deep tissue massage is something I would recommend to anyone with any semblance of upper body muscle pain or soreness or anyone that just wants to clear their mind and let their body do all the listening.

I'm sure this wonderful mood can be bent out of shape with just one hand of poker this evening, such is my emotional fragility and probably the reason any of you read this diary Wink but for now I feel absolutely fantastic. I need to photograph the way this feels and look at it during my next downswong. It's a rollercoaster alright, but at the moment it's not one of those back-and-forth ones that thrust my breakfast ever upward.

I am doing CHUUUUUNKS this weekend! A year ago a swing of this magnitude would probably have me on the ledge of a tall building somewhere, so I'm going to call the fact that I'm dressed and eating breakfast and not contemplating the satisfaction of being a stain on the pavement progress. That being said, as impervious as I've become these days (I'm used to losing; not sure entirely what that says about my overall card playing ability), it's still no fun being stuck loads! I posted this during a sick heater, where I had the funds to enjoy outside things and the sun was shining in my head and not just in the sky! I said I'd take a mental picture to remind myself, but it was more beneficial to go back and pull this post out. Let's get back here! Smiley
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: April 21, 2013, 02:42:17 PM »

You've every chance now I've left (and therefore stopped fishing you). Good to see you Sean, congrats on the house and may your poker luck change.

Allez!!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: April 21, 2013, 03:00:37 PM »

Yesterday was Beth's birthday. We went out on the Tuesday night to eat at Iberico. I'd only been there once before and that was to celebrate PeeJay's grand prix victory which Plinton had organised. I know he was catering for about 20 of us and thus had to pick something he thought everyone would enjoy, but bless him he managed to pick just about nothing that I liked the look of. Their menu was really good though so I felt it needed a second chance, and it was well worth it. Absolutely fantastic cuisine, incredible service, nice decor and reasonable prices. If you're ever in the mood for tapas, I suggest you head down to Iberico and give it a try; you won't be disappointed.

We met up with Matt and Nick, who were just finishing up at pitcher & Piano before we headed down to Tilt where we were joined by Andy and Jordan (the couple we went away with for a week in Venice.) The drinks there look fantastic, and even though my intolerance to alcohol means I can't enjoy any myself, I'm assured they're every bit as delicious as they sound. The guy who runs the place is lovely as can be, treated us like old friends, and earned himself a generous tip. The banter was first rate as we discussed such topics as "sickest slowrolls" and "five movies you would recommend."

The next morning, I took Beth out to get massages as a treat. I mean, we go there once a month but I don't always foot the entire bill. Wink It's an Aveda spa next to the ROKO health club in West Bridgeford and it's excellent for just washing away the stresses and strains of life as a grinder and the tension and lactic acid build up of recreational resistance training. I know, I know: first world problems, but their hour-long deep tissue massage is something I would recommend to anyone with any semblance of upper body muscle pain or soreness or anyone that just wants to clear their mind and let their body do all the listening.

I'm sure this wonderful mood can be bent out of shape with just one hand of poker this evening, such is my emotional fragility and probably the reason any of you read this diary Wink but for now I feel absolutely fantastic. I need to photograph the way this feels and look at it during my next downswong. It's a rollercoaster alright, but at the moment it's not one of those back-and-forth ones that thrust my breakfast ever upward.

I am doing CHUUUUUNKS this weekend! A year ago a swing of this magnitude would probably have me on the ledge of a tall building somewhere, so I'm going to call the fact that I'm dressed and eating breakfast and not contemplating the satisfaction of being a stain on the pavement progress. That being said, as impervious as I've become these days (I'm used to losing; not sure entirely what that says about my overall card playing ability), it's still no fun being stuck loads! I posted this during a sick heater, where I had the funds to enjoy outside things and the sun was shining in my head and not just in the sky! I said I'd take a mental picture to remind myself, but it was more beneficial to go back and pull this post out. Let's get back here! Smiley

Perfect attitude change. Hope things turn around.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: April 21, 2013, 03:40:54 PM »

Heater up! Me doubling you is always the start of something good btw
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: April 23, 2013, 12:07:47 PM »

With all the paperwork for our new place done, and to celebrate 3 weeks of our low carb diet (which represents the half way point), Beth and I sat down and tried to work out what we could treat ourselves to that was delicious but also sat within the parameters of our dietary commitment. The answer? Triple chocolate and banana protein muffins.

We used a scoop of rolled oats, a scoop of wholewheat flour, 2 scoops of chocolate flavour whey protein powder, 3 bananas, 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder, and a touch of baking powder and baking soda. And this is how they came out:

Click to see full-size image.

I'll admit they look a little strange; muffins don't usually "shine;" whenever you cook with protein powder, stuff tends to come out looking a little "meaty." However, they smell amazing and taste wonderful and are relatively guilt-free. Washed down with a shaker full of vanilla flavour casein protein drink, they're an absolute treat and from a nutrition perspective represents one full meal.

You're welcome.
BMoney

View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: April 24, 2013, 07:57:35 AM »

Shiny, meaty muffins. They were damn tasty, though. I'm sad I didn't take a few home with me.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: April 24, 2013, 08:48:42 AM »

For summer, buy some ice lolly moulds and pour in your flavoured protein shakes, whack em in the freezer then you have some lovely frozen protein lollies.

*Other moulds are available

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: April 24, 2013, 03:16:43 PM »

Facing a pure first world problem right now: I was really looking forward to going to the gym today, but my first-rate dental practice had to numb my face to take good care of my teeth. Sad

I did hear something in the waiting room that made me chuckle to myself like a sad human being. This little girl was asking her mother all sorts of little girl questions, "what's for dinner?" and "when does daddy go to work?" etc. Her mother would then provide answers in a fashion that a little girl could understand. Then the little girl stops and studies the wallpaper which has a bunch of cartoon animals printed on it and goes "mommy, what's the fish doing?" Her mom studied the wallpaper for a second too and, reverting to a cynical tone, responds "I have no idea." I know that feel guys.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: April 25, 2013, 01:12:15 PM »

Can mods please unban Herbie. Nobody else reads this diary Sad
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2349 on: April 25, 2013, 01:30:06 PM »

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: April 25, 2013, 03:22:38 PM »

It's difficult to beat the Diaries and Blogs forum, everybody's solid.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: April 25, 2013, 04:52:06 PM »

I read every update. The muffins looked incredible but I don't like banana :/

Your attitude seems pretty perfect to the poker life at the moment, do you feel quitting smoking has helped? How easy have you found it to give up smoking?

Theoretically a millionaire will pay you an equal wage for both graphic design and poker. How do you split your time between x and y? Do you just choose one?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: April 25, 2013, 05:31:14 PM »

Just had the same thing...right hand side of my jaw is totally numb and my face is very lopsided :/

Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: April 25, 2013, 10:14:49 PM »

Just had the same thing...right hand side of my jaw is totally numb and my face is very lopsided :/

Cheesy

From eating protein based muffins?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: April 25, 2013, 10:20:25 PM »

Cheesy

From eating protein based muffins?

no, dentist Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: